Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! InTheBeginning's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    3,182
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Likes
    27
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

    Default Convicted of murder...will walk free today

    Too bad it took so long for this guy to be released.

    Story
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    and this is why i'm not a proponent of the death penalty...you can let an innocent man out of jail and clear him of all charges. You can't let an innocent man out of death. The death penalty is fueled by archaic "eye for an eye" retribution. It has no merit as a detterent. The only thing it assures is that person being killed becomes dead...guilty or innocent.

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,331
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Likes
    299
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Canada has had a couple cases like this, shows how fucked up our justice system is up here...

    Steven Truscott got acquitted last year after almost 50 years.

    Sickening to read about stuff like this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/truscott/
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,640
    Last Online

    06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Likes
    1,188
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    and this is why i'm not a proponent of the death penalty...you can let an innocent man out of jail and clear him of all charges. You can't let an innocent man out of death. The death penalty is fueled by archaic "eye for an eye" retribution. It has no merit as a detterent. The only thing it assures is that person being killed becomes dead...guilty or innocent.
    What if you know the person is guilty, like he/she was caught in the act (like those two scumbags in that Cheshire, CT home invasion last year)? They drove into a parked police car as they were attempting to flee the scene. I have no problem with those two getting the death penalty.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    What if you know the person is guilty, like he/she was caught in the act (like those two scumbags in that Cheshire, CT home invasion last year)? They drove into a parked police car as they were attempting to flee the scene. I have no problem with those two getting the death penalty.
    i used to be in favour for it in those circumstances but in the end, I really letting the fuckers rot in jail with pictures of their victims or something in their cel for the rest of their lives is way better than the easy out death provides them.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,331
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Likes
    299
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    i used to be in favour for it in those circumstances but in the end, I really letting the fuckers rot in jail with pictures of their victims or something in their cel for the rest of their lives is way better than the easy out death provides them.
    I tend to agree with you, but they really should bring back more sinister ways of killing people in terms of the death penalty...I'm sorry if you murder your family with an axe....you should not die in your sleep....just my opinion....

    Then again I can't disagree with letting them rot in jail either...provided they DO rot in jail for the rest of their lives...
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,045
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    39
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    I used to be pro-death penalty, but in recent years I've softened on that a bit. Especially for murder. Part of the reason for that is that the legal system has made such a circus out of the whole ordeal. So screw all the red tape and just let them rot.

    I still believe however, that certain child molesters should receive the death penalty, as well some drug dealers. There needs to be hardcore evidence in the child molestation part, not just a he said/she said sort of thing. There are plenty of kids that have reported a parent/step-parent for child molestation after they became upset with them for one reason or another.

    I had a cousin accuse her step-father of molesting her. As it turned out, she was mad because he wouldn't let her go out past curfew, they got into an argument, and so she decided to get even, and told someone that he had been molesting her. None of it was true.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

  8. #8
    Baluchitherium loveevhsince79's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.22.04
    Location
    Cols, OH
    Posts
    5,420
    Last Online

    10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I used to be pro-death penalty, but in recent years I've softened on that a bit. Especially for murder. Part of the reason for that is that the legal system has made such a circus out of the whole ordeal. So screw all the red tape and just let them rot.

    I still believe however, that certain child molesters should receive the death penalty, as well some drug dealers. There needs to be hardcore evidence in the child molestation part, not just a he said/she said sort of thing. There are plenty of kids that have reported a parent/step-parent for child molestation after they became upset with them for one reason or another.

    I had a cousin accuse her step-father of molesting her. As it turned out, she was mad because he wouldn't let her go out past curfew, they got into an argument, and so she decided to get even, and told someone that he had been molesting her. None of it was true.
    I sat on a trial with the same situation except it was over the step dad not letting the 14 yr old date a 23 yr old. I felt so bad for the step dad because he seemed like he actually cared and was trying to provide a good home.

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    why sentence a drug dealer to death?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ex-secretary convicted of stealing Coke secrets
    By ZeoBandit in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02.02.07, 05:34 PM
  2. First Person in U.S. Convicted for Spam E-mailing
    By 5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01.20.07, 11:53 AM
  3. Convicted child molester gets 396 years in prison
    By Phatie in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01.30.06, 09:50 PM
  4. Convicted child molester gets 396 years in prison
    By Phatie in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01.25.06, 09:11 PM
  5. Mother convicted of prostituting girl, 14
    By rrussou812 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08.27.05, 08:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •