Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

PANAMA
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Rock Of Love

Watching the new Bret Michaels VH1 rock of love and can only notice the white with black stripes guitar hanging on the wall behind the couch.
    Is that an "Art series guitar"?

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I dunno...during the first season, the VH-1 website offered pictures from "inside" the uhh..."Brett Michaels Palace O' Love". Set aside in a display case was an EVH "Frankenstrat" (naturally, of dubious vintage, just like everything else included with the odd furnishings of this sordid "House Of Love").

Consider the somewhat tacky, cheap and exploitive nature of the show to begin with...do ya think that "authenticity" is at work in any manner here?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

who knows , who cares . not going to watch that show...............
    they hate if your the same , and they hate you if your different- evh

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

PANAMA
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have 2 sons, that could care less who wins the Super Bowl. Yes I watch VH1, MTV ect. and have ESPN blocked from all of the tv's in my home.

Am I a bad father to want my kids to enjoy and play "Rock" music and not to be an arm chair quarterback?

This is a serious question, not a joke. Wondering if I am doing the rite thing?

When in High School I played Hockey and won state.
    After thinking about skating at 5:00 am every morning from age 5, and basically having no life other than "eat, drink, and live Hockey".

It was not worth it.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EDHEAD View Post
    I have 2 sons, that could care less who wins the Super Bowl. Yes I watch VH1, MTV ect. and have ESPN blocked from all of the tv's in my home.

Am I a bad father to want my kids to enjoy and play "Rock" music and not to be an arm chair quarterback?

This is a serious question, not a joke. Wondering if I am doing the rite thing?

When in High School I played Hockey and won state.
    After thinking about skating at 5:00 am every morning from age 5, and basically having no life other than "eat, drink, and live Hockey".

It was not worth it.
    I never played hockey. And I don't think anybody is going to tell you that you are doing the WRONG thing. But sports are REAL...these shows you are watching ARE NOT REAL. Simple as that. If I had to choose between having my kids watch sports or these stupid Rock tv shows...I'd pick sports in a second.

Play a VH DVD Bootlegs for your kids or crank some VH I - Balance...but don't watch these shows...VHI, MTV have done everything in the last 20 years to ruin music...not a good example for the young kids

I'm surprised that you say that it was not worth it to "eat, drink, and live hockey." That's real. That's passion. "Eat, drink, and live rock and roll through playing in garage bands and watching MTV." Is fake.

That's this 19 year olds opinion on it. I quit hockey when I was 5...and I regret it almost every day now. The life skills you can get from sports heavily outweigh anything that has to do with Rock and Roll in my opinion.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

Why not allow your children to make up their own minds, come to their own conclusions regarding this? Yes, it is proper to help shape their well-being, yet by imposing your own standards of what is just will (in the long run) simply give them cause for rebellion.

Being dogmatic about an issue only inspire curiosity in the subject. How about putting a little bit of faith in your kids?

And by the way, how did a thread about a "Celeb-reality show" turn into a child rearing forum, when you started the darned thing in the first place?

Best of luck, Dad.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 02.01.08 at 06:49 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Why not allow your children to make up their own minds, come to their own conclusions regarding this? Yes, it is proper to help shape their well-being, yet by imposing your own standards of what is just will (in the long run) simply give them cause for rebellion.

Being dogmatic about an issue only inspire curiosity in the subject. How about putting a little bit of faith in your kids?

And by the way, how did a thread about a "Celeb-reality show" turn into a child rearing forum?
    Because EDHEAD asked if he was doing the right thing as a Father and just wanted to get some opinions on it.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Because EDHEAD asked if he was doing the right thing as a Father and just wanted to get some opinions on it.
    Read the first post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by EDHEAD View Post
    Watching the new Bret Michaels VH1 rock of love and can only notice the white with black stripes guitar hanging on the wall behind the couch.
    Is that an "Art series guitar"?
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Read the first post in this thread:
    Sorry about that.

Well....I'm 19, Chef...some slack must be cut.

And this is my 1st post past 4,000. Quite a Milestone!..........thank..........you.......

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Sorry about that.

Well....I'm 19, Chef...some slack must be cut.

And this is my 1st post past 4,000. Quite a Milestone!..........thank..........you.......
    Hey, congrats little bro...and remember: If you want advice on how to repair your lawnmower, start a thread about "The Gong Show".

George Bernard Shaw

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:18 AM
    Liked 6,832 Times in 3,574 Posts

Premium Member