Register
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beginner guitar tablature sites

Hey guys, my son asked me tonight if I knew of any good beginner guitar tab sites and explanations. I looked around the net, but am unsure exactly what to look for as far as what would be good. Both of my boys have been almost addicted to guitar hero and rock band and from that, they have become interested in playing the real guitar. I would appreciate any sites you fellers might be aware of, OR any programs for teaching guitar. We are in BFE so guitar lessons are out so they wanted to try to learn on their own, more power to them!

Thanks!
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

This may seem a tad off of the wall Exe (in regard to your boys inherent age and skills at the moment), yet if you have Comcast Cable, there is a section within their "On Demand" service that provides guitar lessons from established musicians such as Steve Morse, sponsored by "Guitar World" magazine.

Now I'm in no way implying that these would work as anything other than inspiration at such a young age, yet perhaps it will serve to "entice their appetite". These shows are quite informative, and possibly could aid in some fashion.

Honestly, I've been playing for what must seem to the casual observer as a life time, yet I can honestly state that these shows are worth viewing, as even an old fart like me can learn something from them.

Like I stated, it's somewhat out of left field, yet I hope in some way that this helps you out. Best of luck to you and your boys.

craig
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Chef! Anything at all that will help them. I am so excited that they are finally showing interest. I think playing guitar hero and rock band really spurred them into the interest. They are wanting GH2 now. They say the songs are even better on it than 3.

Thank you for the suggestion.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.09.09 @ 11:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts