Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Default UFO Sighted Over Texas

Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press WriterMon Jan 14, 10:17 PM ET

STEPHENVILLE, Texas -In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people — including a pilot, county constable and business owners — insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

Maj. Karl Lewis, a spokesman for the 301st Fighter Wing at the Joint Reserve Base Naval Air Station in Fort Worth, said no F-16s or other aircraft from his base were in the area the night of Jan. 8, when most people reported the sighting.

Lewis said the object may have been an illusion caused by two commercial airplanes. Lights from the aircraft would seem unusually bright and may appear orange from the setting sun.

"I'm 90 percent sure this was an airliner," Lewis said. "With the sun's angle, it can play tricks on you."

Officials at the region's two Air Force bases — Dyess in Abilene and Sheppard in Wichita Falls — also said none of their aircraft were in the area last week. The Air Force no longer investigates UFOs.

One man has offered a reward for a photograph or videotape of the mysterious object.

About 200 UFO sightings are reported each month, mostly in California, Colorado and Texas, according to the Mutual UFO Network, which plans to go to the 17,000-resident town of Stephenville to investigate.

Fourteen percent of Americans polled last year by The Associated Press and Ipsos say they have seen a UFO.

Erath County Constable Lee Roy Gaitan said that he first saw red glowing lights and then white flashing lights moving fast, but that even with binoculars could not see the object to which the lights were attached.

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane, and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft — at least I hope it was."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080115/...f_Bopgd_8uQE4F
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO

By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press WriterMon Jan 14, 10:17 PM ET

STEPHENVILLE, Texas [I]-[COLOR="Blue"]

Fourteen percent of Americans polled last year by The Associated Press and Ipsos say they have seen a UFO.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080115/...f_Bopgd_8uQE4F

I wonder if this corresponds with that fact that Mental Institutions in the United State's are only 86% full...

I don't not believe in UFO's or the people that see them..it's just one of those things that I have to see in order to truly believe...
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    I don't not believe in UFO's or the people that see them..it's just one of those things that I have to see in order to truly believe...
    Look up. You'd be surprised.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    Look up. You'd be surprised.
    What he said.

I'm not saying that what I've seen constitutes alien invaders, but I HAVE seen some strange shit in the sky in my time - things I can't rationally explain...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    ...I'm not saying that what I've seen constitutes alien invaders, but I HAVE seen some strange shit in the sky in my time - things I can't rationally explain...
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sixstring View Post
    What he said.

I'm not saying that what I've seen constitutes alien invaders, but I HAVE seen some strange shit in the sky in my time - things I can't rationally explain...

Same here man.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    LOL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

- hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Last Online

11.14.12 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Funny they mention Colorado as a UFO "hot spot."

I was outside of Colorado Springs on vacation a few years ago and saw something that was absolutely not a plane in broad daylight crossing the wide open sky at speeds I've never seen before, and I live between 2 Air Force bases and have seen every type of "current" military aircraft. It didn't elicit more than a "wow, that's strange" from me, but it was so different, I could see how something like that could lead some folks down the path towards little green men.
    yeah.......i'm still here.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

What they were, I have no idea. Couldn't get my camera fast enough. Going down US 54 through OK, TX and NM. You see all kinds of different, freaky, unexplainable things at night.

That area is so wide open, with unimpeded views for miles, you see tons of stars, but light patterns that are definately unidentifiable. And those light patters do some of the most outrageous movements. I've been to many air shows, been in the military and these are not like anything I've seen.

For what it's worth.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

The upper left pic is almost EXACTLY what I saw - a silver egg-shaped thing moving horizontally across the sky at an alarming rate - in broad daylight. It then proceeded to dissappear behind a small cloud - one of the very few in the sky on that day. Make of it what you will but it freaked me out at the time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- han valen, 6.11.04

- hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love this stuff. The universe is so vast there has got to be other life forms somewhere and it could very well be that they are more intelligent and have greater capabilities than we do. Really intriguing reading people's accounts especially when they are normal, everyday joe's and they tell the exact same story.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

the way I see it is this...we're trying to explore the universe. We've been sending satellites into the far reaches of the solar system for years now. Why wouldn't other beings be doing the same thing?

Given how big the universe is, it's simply illogical, and more than a bit arrogant, to think we're the only being capable of such activities.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Laying out along the shores of Lake Superior a couple of years ago, some friends and I saw something that really threw us for a loop. There's nothing unusual about seeing satellites at night. They move at a constant pace in predictable line. What we saw looked like a blinking satellite, moving abut the speed that a satellite moves at. All of a sudden the damn things changes direction by 90 degrees--no deceleration, no curve in its trajectory, just a 90 direction change--like an L. A moment later, it did another 90 degree change the other way, so it was back on its original heading, just in another part of the sky.

The next night, we saw the same damn thing. It was going slower this time, did another 90 degree change, and then accelerated more quickly than anything I've ever seen before.

I have no idea what it was. I'm an aviation buff and so is one of the friends that was with me, and another one of the guys is an airline pilot. This thing broke all of the laws of physics as far as momentum, mass, and acceleration go. Absolutely unexplainable.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    The truth is out there!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.