Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Man kills, cooks and possibly eats girlfriend, police say

Man kills, cooks and possibly eats girlfriend, police say

TYLER, Texas (AP) -- A man killed his girlfriend, then filleted and cooked parts of her body before calling police to tell them what he was doing, authorities said Sunday.

Christopher Lee McCuin allegedly killed his girlfriend and then called police to say he was boiling her body parts.

Christopher Lee McCuin, 25, called 911 on Saturday and told an emergency dispatcher he had killed Jana Shearer, 21, and was boiling her body parts at his mother's home, said Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith.

When authorities arrived at the home, they found Shearer's mutilated body, one ear boiling in a pot of water on the stove and a fork sticking out of some human flesh sitting on a plate on the kitchen table.

Authorities said it was unclear whether McCuin consumed any part of Shearer's body.

"We cannot prove that he did," Smith told The Associated Press. "He was either going to, had been or led us to think that he was doing it."

Authorities believe Shearer, 21, was abducted from her home Friday night and killed. Her death and mutilation was apparently the beginning of a crime spree that also included McCuin allegedly stabbing the boyfriend of his estranged wife and breaking into a business.

The stabbing victim is in critical condition at an area hospital, officials said.

McCuin, of Tyler, about 110 miles east of Dallas, was charged with capital murder. He was being held in the Smith County Jail on a $2 million bond Sunday and did not have an attorney, officials said. He was scheduled to be arraigned Monday, Smith said.

Before he called 911, McCuin told his mother and her boyfriend to look in their garage, authorities said. There the couple saw the remains of Shearer. McCuin's mother and her boyfriend fled the home and flagged down a police officer. McCuin dialed authorities after they left.

A man who answered the door Sunday night where the body was found declined to comment.

Shearer appeared to have died from blunt trauma to her head, Smith said. She may have been kidnapped Friday night, when her mother witnessed her get into McCuin's truck.

"There was no struggle but she could see the girl left with no shoes, no purse and no cell phone," Smith said.

McCuin then drove to his estranged wife's home, where he stabbed William Veasley, 42, Smith said. McCuin was still in that home when deputies arrived, but escaped in his car after a short chase, Smith said.

"We thought it was a disturbance or an assault," Smith said.

McCuin wasn't seen again until Saturday morning, when he arrived at his mother's home and called her into the garage so she could "come see what he had done," Smith said.

When sheriff deputies arrived, McCuin barricaded himself in the home for a short time before coming out. After he emerged, officers entered and found Shearer's body, Sgt. Gary Middleton said.

Detectives were trying to determine where the slaying happened. They think McCuin drove to his mother's home with the dead woman in the back seat of his extended-cab pickup, Smith said.

Freddy Castillo, who lives two houses down, said he frequently heard McCuin and his girlfriend argue in the house and the yard.

"They would get pretty loud," Castillo said. "They'd yell back and forth and then he would just get in his car and leave."
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

That guy's crazy. I mean, an ear?!?
    Who'd want to eat an ear when you could have a nice flank steak or a slice of liver?

Don't read this.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    That guy's crazy. I mean, an ear?!?
    Who'd want to eat an ear when you could have a nice flank steak or a slice of liver?
    well...i dunno...perhaps the ear cooks up nice and crunchy...could have been a little something to munch on while the rest of the meal was prepared...seems completely logical...

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Who in their right mind boils meat? Oh wait a minute, I just answered my own question...
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    well...i dunno...perhaps the ear cooks up nice and crunchy...could have been a little something to munch on while the rest of the meal was prepared...seems completely logical...
    True, true. But why not fry it? Or put it in the toaster oven with a little celery salt and paprika sprinkled on it? I dunno.
    Maybe he was making a stock...We'll have to ask Craig.

Don't read this.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    True, true. But why not fry it? Or put it in the toaster oven with a little celery salt and paprika sprinkled on it? I dunno.
    Maybe he was making a stock...We'll have to ask Craig.
    The only thing that makes sense is if he was "parboiling" the girlfriend's remains before throwing 'em in the smoker/grill. This is done with cuts that require a long time for cooking and ensures that the meat is cooked through at the end.

Who knows, maybe he saw Tim Burton's "Sweeney Todd" over the weekend.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 01.07.08 at 08:15 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Oh man, all this talk is making me hungry...
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Last Online

George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Disturbing but oh well.

Man that guy is one sick sob. My daughter is 21 and I cannot fathom that something like this could happen to someone's daughter.

Truly deranged.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    You never cease to amaze me, Craig, at the quick wit you illustrate with these images. I concur with smithjc in that its distrubing but not as disturbing as the snot bubble I blew when I busted out laughing.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Maybe it's my hormones or something, and I don't mean to rain on the "gross out parade" that's going on in this thread, but I guess I'm a little surprised that people find any humor whatsoever in this story. I'm imagining being a family member of this girl and reading this article for the first time. I'm trying to imagine this being my child or my sister---how do you ever get past this knowing what was done to her body? I don't know if I ever could have total closure knowing a loved one suffered this kind of death and then that their body was so mutilated even after death. It's a sick, sick world.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles View Post
    Maybe it's my hormones or something, and I don't mean to rain on the "gross out parade" that's going on in this thread, but I guess I'm a little surprised that people find any humor whatsoever in this story. I'm imagining being a family member of this girl and reading this article for the first time. I'm trying to imagine this being my child or my sister---how do you ever get past this knowing what was done to her body? I don't know if I ever could have total closure knowing a loved one suffered this kind of death and then that their body was so mutilated even after death. It's a sick, sick world.
    damn...being a mom has certainly brought the downer in out in you! heeeheeheehee...just kidding.

no you're right...it is a crazy world...i guess I just think about it in the sense that these things have always happened and that now with so many "news" outlets having to fill daily content, they report these things and after the first dozen or so cases of people being eaten or mutilated or whatever, i just decided to not let it get to me. If I start imagining that everything bad and horrible in the world was happening to my loved ones, I'd be miserable all day.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's kinda cool in a sick way. guy knew exactly how to get his name in the paper.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

All of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tyler, Texas is my home town.....
    9/25/2004 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
    1/26/2008 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Man, when she said "Honey, I want you to eat me", he really took that literally, huh?
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls