Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Default Happy new year!

Just flipped over to 2008 down here, hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!!!

A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Happy New Year everyone!!!
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

"To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

"I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders

ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7 & F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

at the moment House of Pain
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 01:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

T-minus 20 mins and counting!

Happy New Year out here in Guam U.S.A.!!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Happy New Year everyone! We still got 15.5 hours until we party like it's 2008.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

02.28.12 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Happy new to you all,it's a few hours to go to midnight here in the UK and i have set myself up nicely with Simpsons season 10 on dvd and a tub of quality streets.
    Welcome Back Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Happy New Year's everybody!!!

Still gotta get thru another work day here in the west, but hoping to make all that a nice bad memory by tonight.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I've already got my plans in place. Gonna grab a bucket of KFC, 12-pack of Diet Coke, my collapsable Iowa Hawkeyes tailgaiting char, police scanner,coffee pot and styrofoam cups. Head to the front foyer and watch the stupidity of my neighborhood.

Being that I live in one of the party areas of The Quad Cities, it'll be fun all night long. The coffee will be for the local cops that have to work in the madness. They'll need all the warming power and caffeine they can muster.

If any of you wanna come hang out with this party animal, hit me up. Should be a blast.

Seriously; this is what I'm doing. I don't go out on NYE anymore. After 20 years of working for or in bars/nightclubs, I have decided there are WAAAAY too many over aged-adolecent-power drinking amatuers trying to prove their standing in society.

If you are partaking tonight, my friend, PLEASE have a DD in your circle of friends or get a taxi. My only wish is that we are all here tomorrow to talk about how much fun we had...or can remember...from the night before.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    ...Seriously; this is what I'm doing. I don't go out on NYE anymore. After 20 years of working for or in bars/nightclubs, I have decided there are WAAAAY too many over aged-adolecent-power drinking amatuers trying to prove their standing in society.

If you are partaking tonight, my friend, PLEASE have a DD in your circle of friends or get a taxi. My only wish is that we are all here tomorrow to talk about how much fun we had...or can remember...from the night before.
    Precisely, it's pretty much "amatuer night". The fact is, those of us that drink do not need a holiday as cause for doing so. The notion that so many...err...untrained drinkers are going to be out and about this evening/tommorow morning (and crowding pubs they've never frequented before in the process), and imbibing beyond all common sense is reason enough to stay at home. The idea that they also insist upon driving merely seals the deal.

(This same sort of thing happens upon St. Patrick's Day as well, crowding out the regulars with their collective shouts for "green beer". )

The neighbors are having a shindig, I may walk over for a while. Yet the charm of welcoming another year to my resume (in particular after the spectacularly lame and depressing way the last few have turned out) has worn out it's welcome with me.

For those that can be bothered with celebration, I hope that it indeed is a glorious and ultimately safe one for you and your's. As RRMB alluded to, a fair amount of common sense goes a long way, not only for yourselves yet for the consideration of others as well.

Happy New Year.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Happy New Year to everyone!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Precisely, it's pretty much "amatuer night". The fact is, those of us that drink do not need a holiday as cause for doing so. The notion that so many...err...untrained drinkers are going to be out and about this evening/tommorow morning (and crowding pubs they've never frequented before in the process), and imbibing beyond all common sense is reason enough to stay at home. The idea that they also insist upon driving merely seals the deal.

(This same sort of thing happens upon St. Patrick's Day as well, crowding out the regulars with their collective shouts for "green beer". )

The neighbors are having a shindig, I may walk over for a while. Yet the charm of welcoming another year to my resume (in particular after the spectacularly lame and depressing way the last few have turned out) has worn out it's welcome with me.

For those that can be bothered with celebration, I hope that it indeed is a glorious and ultimately safe one for you and your's. As RRMB alluded to, a fair amount of common sense goes a long way, not only for yourselves yet for the consideration of others as well.

Happy New Year.

Hey chef; grab the next flight to the MLI destination. When you go to the airport, just give them that FAA code. Bring a warm coat, gloves and clothes. You can hang out with me and bring in the New Year with me, 3 new inches of snow, and all the free stoopidity you can handle.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Thanks for the invite, friend. My days of holiday travels are over.

I've picked out some cds that I've neglected, made up some ham salad from leftovers, and am anticipating a healthy (or not) dose of vodka this evening. A nice mild cold front is moving in, and when I awaken around the crack of noon on New Years Day there will be football and the crab legs that I purchased as a gift to be prepared.

All the best.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks for the invite, friend. My days of holiday travels are over.

I've picked out some cds that I've neglected, made up some ham salad from leftovers, and am anticipating a healthy (or not) dose of vodka this evening. A nice mild cold front is moving in, and when I awaken around the crack of noon on New Years Day there will be football and the crab legs that I purchased as a gift to be prepared.

All the best.
    Ohhhhhhh football. Likely excuse. Is that what it's called these days??? HAAAA

Favorite VH Album

1st one
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One, Panama, Unchained
    Last Online

06.17.10 @ 08:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Happy New Year! My plans were to bartend tonight, and go to a party afterwards, but after taking a fall on my sled saturday and messing up my shoulder pretty bad, I'm inviting the bar over to my house. Got the champagne, beer, margaritas, and munchies all delivered. Doc gave me 5 days off work so I'm going to party like it's 1999. Cheers to ya all!

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:18 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

That's pretty much how I have looked at it now for a number of years. These days I'm quite happy to stay at home and have a few quiet ones with the missus, and babysit the dogs (who really do not like fireworks!)

Funny how getting older creeps up on ya isn't it lol. I'm turning into my Dad!!
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......