Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Iraqi oil output reaches highest level in more than 3 years

PARIS, Dec. 14 (Xinhua) -- Iraq's oil output hit its highest level in about three years in November, reaching 2.32 million barrels per day, the Paris-based International Energy Agency (IEA) said Friday.

The oil output of the war-torn country enjoyed increase from the first quarter of 2007, when the oil output stood at 1.9 million barrels per day, the agency said in its monthly oil market report.

Security in Iraq has been improved since the spring of 2004, when the anti-U.S. insurgency started to intensify, the 58-page report said.

The increase in output resulted largely from "more regular" pipeline crude shipments from fields around the northern city of Kirkuk to Ceyhan in Turkey, the IEA said.

The report also expected a sustained or higher volumes of oil output in the next two to three months from Iraq.

Iraq's oil pipelines have come under repeated attacks by the anti-U.S. forces since the United States invaded Iraq in 2003. The country's oil production remained between 1.7 million and 2 million barrels per day, the IEA said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    PARIS, Dec. 14 (Xinhua) -- Iraq's oil output hit its highest level in about three years in November, reaching 2.32 million barrels per day, the Paris-based International Energy Agency (IEA) said Friday.

The oil output of the war-torn country enjoyed increase from the first quarter of 2007, when the oil output stood at 1.9 million barrels per day, the agency said in its monthly oil market report.

Security in Iraq has been improved since the spring of 2004, when the anti-U.S. insurgency started to intensify, the 58-page report said.

The increase in output resulted largely from "more regular" pipeline crude shipments from fields around the northern city of Kirkuk to Ceyhan in Turkey, the IEA said.

The report also expected a sustained or higher volumes of oil output in the next two to three months from Iraq.

Iraq's oil pipelines have come under repeated attacks by the anti-U.S. forces since the United States invaded Iraq in 2003. The country's oil production remained between 1.7 million and 2 million barrels per day, the IEA said.
    and somehow I think this news will not be accompanied by any drop in gas prices...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Oil from Iraq would go to Europe, China or India.

Not here.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain
    --------------------------------------------------

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    and somehow I think this news will not be accompanied by any drop in gas prices...
    It will as the election nears.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You live in Houston, you should know better. Gas prices may drop slightly along the way, but long term they are going up. We consume way too much here in the U.S. I think we make up 10% of the world population but we use 25% of the worlds energy. Until we find a viable solution, we have a problem to deal with. So far the alternative fuels are not cutting it even with the government welfare! So, I guess it's time to ride a biycycle, but what can we make the wheels out of that is enviornmently friendly?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    You live in Houston, you should know better. Gas prices may drop slightly along the way, but long term they are going up. We consume way too much here in the U.S. I think we make up 10% of the world population but we use 25% of the worlds energy. Until we find a viable solution, we have a problem to deal with. So far the alternative fuels are not cutting it even with the government welfare! So, I guess it's time to ride a biycycle, but what can we make the wheels out of that is enviornmently friendly?
    even with our consumption as high as it is, the price of gasoline has nothing to do with real economic factors...beyond various companies wanting to cash out...which I don't necessarily begrudge...i just don't like being given stories about lower output, inclimate weather blah blah blah driving the prices up when it's plain to see that the price is artificially driven in order for various people to profit off it. And yeah, I'm in Houston and if it wasn't for the industry, this would all be swamp land so like I said, I don't necessarily have a problem with people raking in dough hand over fist over foot...i just don't like being patronized. I'd have the most respect in the world for one of those guys to just blankly say "yeah well...sucks for you...you should have gotten into the oil business way back when like I did! I'm making a killing!!!" I'd think he was an arrogant bastard but at least I'd give him props and respect for his honesty!

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

even with our consumption as high as it is, the price of gasoline has nothing to do with real economic factors...beyond various companies wanting to cash out...which I don't necessarily begrudge...i just don't like being given stories about lower output, inclimate weather blah blah blah driving the prices up when it's plain to see that the price is artificially driven in order for various people to profit off it. And yeah, I'm in Houston and if it wasn't for the industry, this would all be swamp land so like I said, I don't necessarily have a problem with people raking in dough hand over fist over foot...i just don't like being patronized. I'd have the most respect in the world for one of those guys to just blankly say "yeah well...sucks for you...you should have gotten into the oil business way back when like I did! I'm making a killing!!!" I'd think he was an arrogant bastard but at least I'd give him props and respect for his honesty!
    Fair enough, but just remember that it is the Wall Street guys that move the prices up and down. The oil companies sell for the going rate. And a side note, the gas stations don't make much at all on the gas, they make money on the cokes and twinkies and chips much to the dismay of San Fransisco!

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy 150 View Post
    Oil from Iraq would go to Europe, China or India.

Not here.
    Wrong. Thus far in 2007, we've gotten on average about 500,000 barrels of crude oil per day from Iraq. There are five countries from which we get more oil, but to say that we don't get any from them is completely specious.

From the Energy Information Administration:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    Fair enough, but just remember that it is the Wall Street guys that move the prices up and down. The oil companies sell for the going rate. And a side note, the gas stations don't make much at all on the gas, they make money on the cokes and twinkies and chips much to the dismay of San Fransisco!
    oh I have nothing against the lowly convenience store owner...they're not making a bundle off all of this at all and like I said, I don't have anything inherently against the oil tycoons either. As for the wall street guys having all the pull, to say the oil tycoons have no influence over said wall street guys is just naive.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

10.16.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post
    Wrong. Thus far in 2007, we've gotten on average about 500,000 barrels of crude oil per day from Iraq. There are five countries from which we get more oil, but to say that we don't get any from them is completely specious.

From the Energy Information Administration:

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html
    OK, I'll clarify. On paper we are getting oil from Iraq. But right now we are selling it to China to help settle a huge debt. Maybe some is getting shipped here for the dog and pony aspect, but the majority is being shipped to China.

My point (that I did not make at all) was that the increase in output will not change the domestic price.
    "Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women."
    Quint- Boat Captain

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly"
    Arthur Carlson- Radio Station GM

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park, and you wanna bail out! Well, I'll tell you something, this is no longer a vacation . . . it's a quest! It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun! We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our Goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling Zip-a-dee-doo-da out of your assholes! "
    Clark W. Griswold- Food Additive Designer
    ---------------------------------------------------

VIVA TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND!
    Round I = Done!
    Round II = Done!
    Round III = Done!
    Round IV = Done!
    Round V = Done!
    Round VI = Done!
    Round VII = Done!
    Round VIII = Done!