Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Benazir Bhutto assassinated

Benazir Bhutto assassinated

RAWALPINDI, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was assassinated Thursday in the wake of a suicide bombing that killed at least 14 of her supporters, doctors, a spokesman for her party and other officials said.

Police warned citizens to stay home as they expected rioting to break out in city streets as a shocked Pakistan absorbed the news of Bhutto's assassination.

Video of the scene just moments before the explosion showed Bhutto stepping into a heavily-guarded vehicle to leave the rally.

Bhutto was rushed to Rawalpindi General Hospital -- less than two miles from the bombing scene -- where doctors pronounced her dead.

Former Pakistan government spokesman Tariq Azim Khan said while it appeared Bhutto was shot, it was unclear if the bullet wounds to her head and neck were caused by a shooting or if it was shrapnel from the bomb.

The bomber detonated as he tried to enter the rally where thousands of people gathered to hear Bhutto speak, police said.

The number of wounded was not immediately known. However, video of the scene showed ambulances lined up to take many to hospitals.

The attack came just hours after four supporters of Pakistan's former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif died when members of another political party opened fire on them at a rally near the Islamabad airport Thursday, Pakistan police said.

Several other members of Sharif's party were wounded, police said.

Bhutto was participating in the parliamentary election set for Jan. 8, hoping for a third term as prime minister.

A terror attack targeting her motorcade in Karachi killed 136 people on the day she returned to Pakistan after eight years of self-imposed exile.

CNN's Mohsin Naqvi, who was at the scene of both bombings, said Thursday's blast was not as powerful as that October attack.

Thursday's attacks come less than two weeks after Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf lifted an emergency declaration he said was necessary to secure his country from terrorists.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

AHH...... the middle east. By far one of the most stabilized regions in the world. Oh Wait.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Well, shit ya had to know that wasn't going too take long...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

it such a wonderful thing...to sit back and see democracy flourish in that oppressed region...it just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

The shit is really going to hit the fan after this one. This woman was seen as a saviour for many Pakistanis and now that she's gone I wouldn't be surprised if there is trouble verging on the boundaries of civil war. Musharraf will reinstate emergency martial law and the January elections are certainly no-go now.

I said in another thread that Musharraf should have been Time's man of the year. Not because i like him of course, but because he is pivotal in so much at the moment. Of course, the UK and US governments are supporting this guy, but then again, the whole sub-continent is a British fuck up from start to finish.

Plenty of people wanted this woman out of the way. She wouldn't be bought in the same way that Musharraf has been and it wouldn't surprise me in the least that the bomber comes down an indirect chain from people a little bit closer to home than we would like.

It's going to get very,. very messy.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    it such a wonderful thing...to sit back and see democracy flourish in that oppressed region...it just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
    Agreed, but you must remember that it is the very Western countries who say they are fighting to create democracies in certain countries who are making damn sure, whilst not publicly, that their friendly dictators stay in power.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This morning, The Today Show said something to the affect that Mussharaf's (sp?) security forces were in charge of guarding Bhutto (sp?). Is that true? If it is, he's going to have some folks REALLY coming after him now. This can't be good long term, AT ALL (i.e. too much unrest now turns into nothing but a free-for-all of violence).

Sad day over there. My prayers go out to Pakistan. They are going to need them now for sure.

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

The only shock is that she hadn't been assassinated sooner.
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Down In Flames View Post
    The only shock is that she hadn't been assassinated sooner.

Exactly. They tried it the day she arrived.

On the BBC just now was an interview with a cousin of hers. In what was a surprisingly calm interview he made quite a few points that the interviewer was obviously starting to get uncomfortable about, straying as it did into direct accusations. I'm sure it will be posted on the BBC site soon so I'll provide a link. Very interesting stuff that many believe but few have the guts to say outright or are simply not given the platform on which to do so.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I was very shocked to read about this today. I was just reading an interview she did not too long ago, it was very optimistic but at the same time she knew the risks. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner and now that it has, it's anybody's guess now. I admired her tho b/c there aren't very many female leaders. The repercussions from this are going to be pretty ugly.

RIP.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Agreed, but you must remember that it is the very Western countries who say they are fighting to create democracies in certain countries who are making damn sure, whilst not publicly, that their friendly dictators stay in power.
    how can any of us forget?

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

Any ideas on who put out the hit?
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    Any ideas on who put out the hit?
    For whatever my little theory is worth.............

Usually when a public figure is killed off and the conspiracy theorists get into full swing I always think, "I wouldn't be surprised". In this case I would be surprised if it were anyone other than, if not the man himself, those with a vested interest in keeping Musharaff in power.

Using very broad strokes I would say this:

So far, Islamic extremists have been blamed for these attacks. Bhutto's western links are supposedly reason enough.

However, her opposition opponent, I think his name is Shariz, (i'll check) has also had two assassination attempts aimed at him, one of them earlier today. He is most definitely not pro-western. Why would they go for him then?

Musharaff himself is walking a "power-keeping" tightrope but the US is pumping billions into Pakistan to keep him online with the "war on terror".

In an election, which was meant to be January 8th (forget that now) Musharaff would not win the popular vote and it was assumed that he and Bhutto would organise a power sharing agreement. So why would he want her dead? Under the Pakistani system, once in parliament he could have been ousted at a later date by popular internal vote. Basically, he was fucked.

There is no obvious successor to Bhutto's party, she was the party.

The other opposition has just announced they will boycott any elections if they happen. ie, they have been scared off.

Whilst on the surface this assassination looked bad for Musharaff (no power sharing government) it actually means there is no effective opposition left in Pakistan.

Anyway, he can legitimately declare a state of emergency now and the elections once more postponed. He holds power with very little international condemnation, even though most will understand what actually happened.

So why don't the Islamic extremists go after Musharaff? Many commentators are pretty sure that most of these groups were actually created by the Pakistani security services. They have served an extremely useful function in the internal struggles of power. Also, they have provided a massive source of income for the country, especially from the US. Money that is seen to be fighting terror. Unfortunately, there is more than enough proof that the security forces are still funding, supplying and training certain groups.

I'm sticking to what I think is the internal reasons for this, but we all know it goes outside of that countries borders. If the CIA/MI5/MOSSAD groups were not involved in some roundabout way it would be surprising but not impossible.

Whatever, there is more than enough motive for the men in power in Pakistan to have done this. They had the opportunity and the resources to pull it off.

Flame away..........

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Donor

I'm not going to do the flame thing b/c I don't know the internal workings of Pakistan. All I can say is that it sounds like that Musharref guy had something to do with it. Of course this is just from what I've read so far.

If anybody cares to shed any light, I'm all eyes.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As of now, Al Qaeda is claiming that it made the hit, which actually means that the Pakistani Secret Services probably greased her.

Nice hit. Bomb blast and then riddle the body with bullets.

There was an attempt on the other rival candidate today too, killing five but missing the primary target.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300