Webmaster/Graphic Artist Top Timmy's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.28.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Ed completely loses it onstage during Jamies Cryin

I believe rightfully so too, check it out...

Webmaster/Graphic Artist
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i totaly agree, i bet someone got fired that night!

they should have changed the chorus to "oooooh oh oh eddie's cryin'"

why the fuck wasnt someone on the stage sortin the shit out i'd have stopped playin and thrown that monitor at someones head then stabbed them with the mic stand...lol
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.27.12 @ 07:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at this show. Total lack of communication there between Ed and the "behind the scenes" crew. As someone who has worked/performed on a live show, it really sucks to be the guy "out there" when things go wrong. Ed seems like he's being an asshole here, but at the end of the day if things look or sound bad it is his fault in the court of public opinion. Just check this board and see all the criticisms about his sound and playing. I'm not sayng he handled this 100% properly, but it does suck when you look bad due to someone else's mistake.

Did he flip out too much? I'm not sure. I was in the audience and don't even recall it being that big of a deal. It was one song out of 25 or so. It looks much worse up close and singled out like that.

Ed sure ain't perfect, and when something like this happens people love to jump on and point out what an ass he is. But in this case, Timmy makes a great point when he says Ed's losing it is justified.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:17 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

I don't know, guys...I'm not too sure about Ed's actions being justified.

First off, I've also been on both sides of live sound issues: behind the console tweaking levels to chase away feedback or to make the musicians happy with the monitors...as well as standing onstage sometimes powerless and utterly frustrated with (usually) the "house" sound guy's inability to chase away the feedback or get the monitors at the right mix/level.

Granted, between the Wolfgang 2 and the 5150 III, Ed's equipment these days is about the hottest he's ever had, but SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE on that sound crew HAS to know how to solve these sound issues plaguing this tour since it's inception.

Yeah, I do understand Ed's frustrations coming out in that clip..."Jamie's Cryin'" is DEEP in the setlist, and he might have been fighting that monitor for nearly two hours.

BUT, usually, after about the third song or so, if that monitor (or ANY troublesome piece of equipment) can't be dialed in to "behave"...UNPLUG IT, for f*ck's sake.

As hard as it is to believe, even if Ed DOESN'T have any sound professionals working with him on this tour, HE STILL IS A PRO, with THIRTY YEARS of touring experience behind him. He HAS TO KNOW the easiest solution is to just unplug it and move on.

Ultimately though, imo, there's no need to act like a 5-year-old at naptime.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

maybe thats why ed keeps firing people. every tech he hires seem to be inept and incapable of doin their job and make ed look like the ass on stage.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

That guy better be wearing a cup.
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

where did he lose it
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hubs View Post
    I don't know, guys...I'm not too sure about Ed's actions being justified.

First off, I've also been on both sides of live sound issues: behind the console tweaking levels to chase away feedback or to make the musicians happy with the monitors...as well as standing onstage sometimes powerless and utterly frustrated with (usually) the "house" sound guy's inability to chase away the feedback or get the monitors at the right mix/level.

Granted, between the Wolfgang 2 and the 5150 III, Ed's equipment these days is about the hottest he's ever had, but SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE on that sound crew HAS to know how to solve these sound issues plaguing this tour since it's inception.

Yeah, I do understand Ed's frustrations coming out in that clip..."Jamie's Cryin'" is DEEP in the setlist, and he might have been fighting that monitor for nearly two hours.

BUT, usually, after about the third song or so, if that monitor (or ANY troublesome piece of equipment) can't be dialed in to "behave"...UNPLUG IT, for f*ck's sake.

As hard as it is to believe, even if Ed DOESN'T have any sound professionals working with him on this tour, HE STILL IS A PRO, with THIRTY YEARS of touring experience behind him. He HAS TO KNOW the easiest solution is to just unplug it and move on.

Ultimately though, imo, there's no need to act like a 5-year-old at naptime.
    But when you have told your fans specifically "Judge us and judge us harshly" and many of those same fans do not have your background in dealing with these problems, I can see him getting pissed. Let's face it, the guy was run through the wringer the last tour (granted because of his own doing) and I think he is trying hard to redeem himself and deliver the goods. And I think we have all lost our tempers when we should not have and thrown something in frustration. Yeah, it's not a "mature" thing to do but it happens.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.08.08 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Was this from the infamous New Jersey show from October?

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Nevermind Ed, look how Roth never even let it get to him. He never once stopped doing what he does best. Same goes for the rest of the band. As for Ed he should have stopped playing for 15 seconds while his tech handed him another guitar. Had to be the longest 4:30 of his life.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

God did his guitar ever go out of tune after he banged the head-stock on the stage...

In 2004 when he did that it didn't go out of tune....

I've judged Ed pretty harshly over his tech problems this tour...but this just seemed inexcusable in regards to his tech crew...NOBODY was on stage trying to resolve the problem even if they knew it couldn't be resolved by going on stage....I mean the guy is dying up there...help him out!
    Last edited by MF5150; 12.21.07 at 07:04 AM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I'm sorry, but that's unprofessional on a few different levels.

First of all, whatever goes wrong, you don't let it effect the performance. Throwing a hissy fit on stage in the middle of a song is just childish. You fix the problems after the show or between songs if you can, but you don't ruin the show. If the audience can't tell there's a problem, then just keep playing.

Second, how many weeks of rehearsal did they have? Come on! That's what the damn rehearsal is for--to iron out any problems that might occur.
    I'm sure that every musician here has had to play shows where you just run on stage, plug in, and start playing. Sometimes you can't hear yourself, sometimes you're too loud, but you just go for it and get through it.
    Ed had hours and hours to set this stuff up with a team of professionals helping him out. And he's playing on the same stage every night. There is no reason he should still be having problems.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    God did his guitar ever go out of tune after he banged the head-stock on the stage...

In 2004 when he did that it didn't go out of tune....
    No, it was already out of tune when he hit the stage in '04. Seriously, Humans Being was like the third or fourth song in their setlist and he was out of tune on the intro to that song in at least 3 bootlegs I heard from the tour. He didn't beat the headstock on the floor in the first 3 songs, did he?
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's unprofessional on a few different levels.

First of all, whatever goes wrong, you don't let it effect the performance. Throwing a hissy fit on stage in the middle of a song is just childish. You fix the problems after the show or between songs if you can, but you don't ruin the show. If the audience can't tell there's a problem, then just keep playing.

Second, how many weeks of rehearsal did they have? Come on! That's what the damn rehearsal is for--to iron out any problems that might occur.
    I'm sure that every musician here has had to play shows where you just run on stage, plug in, and start playing. Sometimes you can't hear yourself, sometimes you're too loud, but you just go for it and get through it.
    Ed had hours and hours to set this stuff up with a team of professionals helping him out. And he's playing on the same stage every night. There is no reason he should still be having problems.
    Agreed. But this is an old subject from a show way in the past that has been discussed before, and I don't really understand why it was brought up again. Ed had the hissy-fit and let us see he's still got some of the weird Ed left in him. He's been better since then.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 PM
    Liked 11,602 Times in 4,946 Posts

Because TT isn't around 24/7 so he probably knew never this was brought up before.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!