Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    05.24.02
    Age
    42
    Location
    Engerland !
    Posts
    102
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 02:45 AM
    Likes
    389
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    UK - South Bank Show special on Eddie...

    Folks,

    I don't know if you guys get this in the US of A but we have a show over here called the South Bank Show. They profile a wide variety of people from music, tv, politics, movies, sports etc. and I reckon it's about time they did a profile on Eddie. Given that VH are enjoying a renaissance now is the perfect time to get under Ed's skin and find out what makes him tick, what he feels about his past, what he wants to do in the future etc, etc.

    So, to try and kick this off, i've started a post in the forum on the South Bank Show's TV station: http://forums.itv.com/thread/642121.aspx

    Already had one reply and I figure if we get enough action on this, we could try to 'petition' the show to do an EVH special. Just to let you know, this wouldn't be your typical MTV kind of shit, the South Bank Show go deep and show you thinks you just wouldn't normally see.

    Anyway, it's just an idea and I reckon it can't help to have a go and from the UK point of view, it might make Eddie & Co. realise that they do have a UK fanbase who'd like to see them, and might help build their popularity; plus, we'd get a hell of an insight into the band as they are today.

    Over to you.......

    Flying Ed
    Does the noise in my head bother you ?

  2. #2
    Eruption smme5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.12.02
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    761
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/ Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    04.08.16 @ 04:20 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ed View Post
    Folks,

    I don't know if you guys get this in the US of A but we have a show over here called the South Bank Show. They profile a wide variety of people from music, tv, politics, movies, sports etc. and I reckon it's about time they did a profile on Eddie. Given that VH are enjoying a renaissance now is the perfect time to get under Ed's skin and find out what makes him tick, what he feels about his past, what he wants to do in the future etc, etc.

    So, to try and kick this off, i've started a post in the forum on the South Bank Show's TV station: http://forums.itv.com/thread/642121.aspx

    Already had one reply and I figure if we get enough action on this, we could try to 'petition' the show to do an EVH special. Just to let you know, this wouldn't be your typical MTV kind of shit, the South Bank Show go deep and show you thinks you just wouldn't normally see.

    Anyway, it's just an idea and I reckon it can't help to have a go and from the UK point of view, it might make Eddie & Co. realise that they do have a UK fanbase who'd like to see them, and might help build their popularity; plus, we'd get a hell of an insight into the band as they are today.

    Over to you.......

    Flying Ed
    "Dream another dream...This dream is over"
    Not gonna happen. Ed would never do a true intospective of himself. Besides if he goes and get's introspective on us it will make the last ten years look like child's play. I've seen enough of what he does say to know I don't want all the gremlins released!

  3. #3
    On Fire TAMPA VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.18.07
    Age
    51
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    331
    Favorite VH Album

    VH2
    Favorite VH Song

    OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

    09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smme5150 View Post
    "Dream another dream...This dream is over"
    Not gonna happen. Ed would never do a true intospective of himself. Besides if he goes and get's introspective on us it will make the last ten years look like child's play. I've seen enough of what he does say to know I don't want all the gremlins released!
    Never gonna' happen..... Ed's better off when he keeps his mouth shut.

    How many say I ?

  4. #4
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    09.11.06
    Age
    41
    Location
    Leicestershire, England
    Posts
    4,484
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    They're all great!
    Last Online

    04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    i dont think it will happen even with a million vote or signitures on the petition.
    van halen just aren't popular here in england...which is cool coz i enjoy introducing people to them, plus it always feels special when they play a video on the t.v. or a song on the radio.
    plus i hate that show...did u see the clapton one about a month ago?...BORING!!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

    And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's


    "The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

    "I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

    "Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

  5. #5
    5150 YO!Edward's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Age
    36
    Location
    Lancashire(Preston and Manchester), England...the ORIGINAL, NOT 'New England'
    Posts
    618
    Favorite VH Album

    VH 3 and 5150
    Last Online

    09.04.12 @ 11:15 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i dont think it will happen even with a million vote or signitures on the petition.
    van halen just aren't popular here in england...which is cool coz i enjoy introducing people to them, plus it always feels special when they play a video on the t.v. or a song on the radio.
    plus i hate that show...did u see the clapton one about a month ago?...BORING!!
    Agreed.
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

    Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

    'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

    Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!


    YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.

  6. #6
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    What Edward says about his past and what actually happened in his past are likely to be very different. I think you can collect enough from reading interviews from over the years to get a decent idea of what Eddie thinks. Also, he's generally a very insecure and private guy, so why would he open up to people he doesn't know for the sake of a TV show? Ed's not a 25-year-old movie star; he really doesn't crave the spotlight outside of an arena stage.

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! graeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.27.03
    Age
    10
    Location
    Dusseldorf, Germany.
    Posts
    3,946
    Favorite VH Album

    They're all shit
    Last Online

    11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Ed on the South Bank show would have all time record low viewing figures.
    VH have never been big here.
    Even if they were, the producers, whom I think include Melvyn Bragg, have always chosen eloquent, articulate interviewees. Sadly that is not Ed's forte (why should it be?) or at least someone with a story to tell. Alcoholic, divorced rock stars are two a penny.

    I remember, many years ago watching a history of electric guitar series. Whilst Ed was not one of the many interviewees (inc, Vai, Satch, Stanley Clarke et al) quite a large chunk of one programme was spent discussing Ed's impact on the guitar.

    I would love to see such a programme devoted to Ed but not in TSBS format.

    btw. The one they did with Maxim Vengerov has to be my favourite ever. He was demonstrating his playing 2 feet from Braggs face and the camera.

    Unreal that guy.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

    My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

  8. #8
    5150 Brian Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.00
    Age
    36
    Posts
    563
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Last Online

    10.26.17 @ 10:46 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    plus i hate that show...did u see the clapton one about a month ago?...BORING!!
    Interesting. I watched the Clapton show, and thought it was great, especially the use of his old footage.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11.12.08, 05:39 AM
  2. Special announcement at Sammy Vegas Show?
    By Dan3875 in forum The Other Half Tour 2006
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06.24.06, 12:54 PM
  3. Special announcement at Sammy Vegas Show?
    By Dan3875 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06.20.06, 03:11 PM
  4. The Genesis Fertilization of the Eddie VH + DLR Special Lovechild....
    By theodore templeman in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07.23.02, 01:49 AM
  5. Isn't Eddie special?
    By The Church Lady in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10.27.00, 07:32 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •