Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! Wickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.29.04
    Age
    49
    Location
    Big "D"
    Posts
    3,195
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Van Halen Ringtones now available

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071211/...wnqH3J.WuVEhkF

    DENVER (Billboard) - In recent weeks, two of the more high-profile acts that weren't selling their music as ringtones have given in.

    And in both cases, AT&T Mobility is involved.

    The operator scored exclusive access to a handful of Dave Matthews Band's ringtones made from live recordings, but will later include studio tracks. Van Halen, meanwhile, is making its most popular songs available as ringtones to all wireless operators, but agreed to give AT&T exclusive versions of those same songs for a limited time.

    Why now? Industry sources suspect that with such supergroups as Led Zeppelin and even AC/DC finally getting into the ringtone game, those influenced by them see less of a barrier for doing so as well.

    AT&T director of music and personalization products Mark Nagel says the Dave Matthews deal was a result of simply communicating the demand.

    "It was a case where he was being searched for literally thousands of times a month with no content to give," he says. "We took those figures to the label and the band's management and let them know that people are asking for this. At the end of the day, it's their decision."

    In Van Halen's case, the band is on a reunion tour. Capitalizing on that is one reason behind not only making the ringtones available at long last, but for doing so in a nonexclusive fashion.

    "They have all kinds of fans using all types of operators," says David Dorn, senior VP of new-media strategy for Rhino, which manages the Van Halen catalog. "We just thought it made the most sense, with the band being on the road, to work with all of our partners."


    Until recently, AT&T has been rather quiet on the exclusive-music front as it built its music partnership strategy. Meanwhile, Verizon Wireless has been very aggressive, snagging exclusive rights to music from AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and a controversial deal for Bob Marley ringtones that has sparked a legal dispute among the operator, Universal Music Group and the Marley estate.

    With partnerships now in place to sell full-song downloads from eMusic and Napster, AT&T seems ready to join the fray. Nagel says to expect more exclusive deals that span not only ringtones, but also full-song downloads and ringback tones in the coming months.

    In fact, AT&T is leveraging its ringtone weight and label relationships to help acquire eMusic and Napster exclusives that those two companies may not otherwise have landed if their services had lacked a wireless element.

    "We end up talking to labels a lot together," Nagel says. "In some cases we have a lot bigger monetary relationship with the labels than even some of the digital distributors, so we're often walking arm in arm in those discussions."
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,643
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Likes
    571
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I listened to a few the other day to see which one I wanted, but the one I wanted the most--Hot for Teacher--picked a horrible place to rip it. It has the main guitar riff, but that's about it. I was hoping for the full intro, or at the very least, the chorus.

    Oh well. At least they are finally available and I can eventually retire "Thunderstruck."
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  3. #3
    Good Enough right-here-i-say's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Location
    Orlando FL
    Posts
    1,508
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 06:12 PM
    Likes
    240
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    Ringtones.....WTF?
    Right here I say....

  4. #4
    Eruption LeftyVanHalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.24.07
    Posts
    1,158
    Last Online

    08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Likes
    19
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    I think it's great!

  5. #5
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Not for nothin' but isn't there already a topic on this?
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  6. #6
    Top Of The World NYCIceCreamMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.28.07
    Location
    Boogie Down Bronx
    Posts
    146
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Little Guitars
    Last Online

    02.28.12 @ 11:42 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The HFT I heard on Verizon is the chorus? No?
    I bought the Beautiful Girls Intro.
    05/23/2008 MSG, NYC
    05/13/2008 Izod Center, NJ
    11/03/2007 Izod Center, NJ
    10/01/2007 Wachovia Center, Philly
    06/30/2006 The Other Half - PNC Arts Center, NJ
    06/22/2004 Continental Arena, NJ
    07/28/1986 Continental Arena, NJ

    I don't feel tardy.

    RIP BJM..you were there in 86 in NJ. Would've loved 2007-08.

  7. #7
    ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.08.06
    Posts
    29,821
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Likes
    1,880
    Liked 6,832 Times in 3,574 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Main is so slow lately, I'm actually peeking into this thread.

    My phone goes "RING! RING RING!, and that's just fine with me. (after it vibrates, of course)

  8. #8
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    10.22.07
    Posts
    214
    Last Online

    12.14.09 @ 03:10 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I got my Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love intro ringtone. I let it go for a while before I pick up. Love that song.

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium Texas Poundcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.16.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Posts
    4,141
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    Poundcake
    Last Online

    07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wickett View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071211/...wnqH3J.WuVEhkF

    DENVER (Billboard) - In recent weeks, two of the more high-profile acts that weren't selling their music as ringtones have given in.

    And in both cases, AT&T Mobility is involved.

    The operator scored exclusive access to a handful of Dave Matthews Band's ringtones made from live recordings, but will later include studio tracks. Van Halen, meanwhile, is making its most popular songs available as ringtones to all wireless operators, but agreed to give AT&T exclusive versions of those same songs for a limited time.

    Why now? Industry sources suspect that with such supergroups as Led Zeppelin and even AC/DC finally getting into the ringtone game, those influenced by them see less of a barrier for doing so as well.

    AT&T director of music and personalization products Mark Nagel says the Dave Matthews deal was a result of simply communicating the demand.

    "It was a case where he was being searched for literally thousands of times a month with no content to give," he says. "We took those figures to the label and the band's management and let them know that people are asking for this. At the end of the day, it's their decision."

    In Van Halen's case, the band is on a reunion tour. Capitalizing on that is one reason behind not only making the ringtones available at long last, but for doing so in a nonexclusive fashion.

    "They have all kinds of fans using all types of operators," says David Dorn, senior VP of new-media strategy for Rhino, which manages the Van Halen catalog. "We just thought it made the most sense, with the band being on the road, to work with all of our partners."


    Until recently, AT&T has been rather quiet on the exclusive-music front as it built its music partnership strategy. Meanwhile, Verizon Wireless has been very aggressive, snagging exclusive rights to music from AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and a controversial deal for Bob Marley ringtones that has sparked a legal dispute among the operator, Universal Music Group and the Marley estate.

    With partnerships now in place to sell full-song downloads from eMusic and Napster, AT&T seems ready to join the fray. Nagel says to expect more exclusive deals that span not only ringtones, but also full-song downloads and ringback tones in the coming months.

    In fact, AT&T is leveraging its ringtone weight and label relationships to help acquire eMusic and Napster exclusives that those two companies may not otherwise have landed if their services had lacked a wireless element.

    "We end up talking to labels a lot together," Nagel says. "In some cases we have a lot bigger monetary relationship with the labels than even some of the digital distributors, so we're often walking arm in arm in those discussions."
    When you call my phone.. you can listen to " And the Cradle will rock" while you wait for me to answer!!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing! InTheBeginning's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    3,182
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Likes
    27
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Here are a couple I just made...if you don't like 'em, tough.

    Have a nice day!
    Last edited by InTheBeginning; 09.30.08 at 01:34 AM.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk MF5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,326
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Likes
    298
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    Not for nothin' but isn't there already a topic on this?
    Yeah there is...because I was looking for my post but it's not here...because I know I posted in that topic....

    But VH ringtones I think deserves 2 topics...it's just to monumental for anybody to miss out!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

  12. #12
    Sinner's Swing! InTheBeginning's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    3,182
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Likes
    27
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    There are actually quite a few threads dealing with ringtones in one form or another. This one had the most recent activity so I decided to post in this one.

    Here are some others...
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5
    Thread 6
    Thread 7
    Thread 8
    Thread 9
    Thread 10
    Thread 11
    Thread 12
    Thread 13
    Have a nice day!
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

  13. #13
    Top Of The World artimusbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.01.04
    Posts
    167
    Last Online

    04.24.10 @ 08:04 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBeginning View Post
    Here are a couple I just made...if you don't like 'em, tough.

    Have a nice day!
    Loss of Control?.....?......!

  14. #14
    Sinner's Swing! InTheBeginning's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    3,182
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Likes
    27
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artimusbill View Post
    Loss of Control?.....?......!
    Well, it's repetitive like a regular phone ring. I was just fooking around. Any ideas?
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing! InTheBeginning's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Age
    51
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    3,182
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Likes
    27
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Growth ringtone below
    Last edited by InTheBeginning; 09.30.08 at 01:34 AM.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. VH ringtones finally available!
    By atomicpunk5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11.29.07, 09:43 AM
  2. VH Ringtones?
    By Elwood P. in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02.26.07, 09:22 AM
  3. VH Ringtones?
    By Elwood P. in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02.24.07, 10:22 AM
  4. Ringtones?
    By chevy5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06.24.06, 02:40 PM
  5. Where can I download VH ringtones?
    By jaybird in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05.14.02, 07:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •