VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default i'm swapping hands!

After the better part of playing for 25yrs i'm kinda hitting a wall as far as technique goes, so ive decided to try to learn to play leftie figuring it will be a fun challenge and also maybe help improve some of my right hand technique.
    i have an old strat that im gonna swap over n setup left handed, i was just wondering if anyone else had tried/considered trying this and how did they get on, were there any noticable improvments to their right hand technique when they swithed back to right handed?

cheers guys
    Tom
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    After the better part of playing for 25yrs i'm kinda hitting a wall as far as technique goes, so ive decided to try to learn to play leftie figuring it will be a fun challenge and also maybe help improve some of my right hand technique.
    i have an old strat that im gonna swap over n setup left handed, i was just wondering if anyone else had tried/considered trying this and how did they get on, were there any noticable improvments to their right hand technique when they swithed back to right handed?

cheers guys
    Tom
    I tried left-handed but it felt like somebody else.......oh.........

That's a gutsy move your doing and I applaud you for it...I don't think I could switch my playing hand and actually be successful...

Good Luck!!!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    I tried left-handed but it felt like somebody else.......oh.........

That's a gutsy move your doing and I applaud you for it...I don't think I could switch my playing hand and actually be successful...

Good Luck!!!
    i normaly lie on mine to make it go numb then it really feels like someone else!!...lol...although if i lay on it too long i have to tape my hand back on!!

well i spent the better part of the day setting up my old strat for left handed abuse, and ive come to the conclusion its gonna be difficult (well i already knew that). the main issue isnt actually fretting but its my picking hand i gotta train my right hand to move right it seems REALLY arkward right now, so i guess im gonna have to put plenty of time in, and ive also decided im not going to touch a righty until i can pay atleast a couple of songs lefty.

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

True story...

I have a friend who was forced by his techer as a kid to switch from Lefty to Righty and he developed a nasty and forever lingering stutter ever since. Beware when messing with the natural electronics of the brain.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man, I can't even air guitar left handed. No way I could play left handed.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

well a day in and man this is hard, really un-natural, my left hand is really stiff while im tryin to pick....funny thing is though i can almost sweep pick!!...go figure!
    im gonna keep it up though. at the moment im trying to play nymphetamine by cradle of filth...i hate the band, but they have some cool melodies going off and they're pretty simple to play technique wise.

cheers guys

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

well a day in and man this is hard, really un-natural, my left hand is really stiff while im tryin to pick....funny thing is though i can almost sweep pick!!...go figure!
    im gonna keep it up though. at the moment im trying to play nymphetamine by cradle of filth...i hate the band, but they have some cool melodies going off and they're pretty simple to play technique wise.

cheers guys
    Anybody find that sentence a little weird...Really hard..yet being able to sweep pick?!? I CAN'T EVEN SWEEP PICK WITH MY DOMINANT HAND!!!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Anybody find that sentence a little weird...Really hard..yet being able to sweep pick?!? I CAN'T EVEN SWEEP PICK WITH MY DOMINANT HAND!!!
    REALLY i almost can its so freaky...obviously its not yngwie or even close but a simple up n down arpegio sounds almost convincing, i think its more due to elbow n wrist being a bit stiff and i'm holding my pick at an odd angle...i was shocked myself by this...but honestly its happening!
    i'll probably loose it once my wrist & elbow gets supple and more natural feeling.
    alternate picking is a million miles off so is anything with any degree of intricate picking, one thing i have noticed though, most of the playing issues seem to be with my left hand and not so much with my right.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

im a lefty and even i cant play lefty....ive tried, its fucking hard.
    i learned on a righty bass, so i guess it seems natural.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

well theres quite a few great guitarists out there who are lefties but play righty...mark knopler and gary moore to name just 2.
    im only doing this really as an exerscise to give me new idea's and learn something new after playing for 25yrs...probably stems from boredom as much as anything else and a need to push myself this just seems like a fun n harmless way of trying somethig alien.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

cheers guys
    To make it work you need to switch hit everything... jacking off with your left hand will improve the picking flexibility!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    To make it work you need to switch hit everything... jacking off with your left hand will improve the picking flexibility!!
    Nah, that can't help. If it did, Edward Van Halen would be begging me for lessons.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well theres quite a few great guitarists out there who are lefties but play righty...mark knopler and gary moore to name just 2.
    im only doing this really as an exerscise to give me new idea's and learn something new after playing for 25yrs...probably stems from boredom as much as anything else and a need to push myself this just seems like a fun n harmless way of trying somethig alien.
    I gotta say, on one hand, this "experiment" sounds absolutely fuckin stupid. On the other, or left hand, it sounds like - why the fuck are you doin' this?

Hey man, I have no problem whatsoever with experimentation - but if you're ultimate goal isn't to become an ambidextrous wizard like M. A. Batio - what's the point?

If you think you've reached a threshold that is at its peak - why not try to play some Scotty Anderson or Brent Mason stuff note for note - or some other style that you're not "comfortable" in?

I admire the adventerous spirit of it all, but unless you're whole goal is to break out of a technique threshold, and not become ambidextrous and purchase an opposing Michael Angelo doubleneck - for fuck's sake why?

Well, to each his own - if you're havin a good time, fuck it right? But there are certainly better ways to break out of a rut especially if you plan on playing in your normal dextrous mode. If your whole plan revolves on reverting to that, I'd call this exercise time wasted - otherwise have a blast and put some beers into you while you do it.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyCopenHalenII View Post
    I gotta say, on one hand, this "experiment" sounds absolutely fuckin stupid. On the other, or left hand, it sounds like - why the fuck are you doin' this?

Hey man, I have no problem whatsoever with experimentation - but if you're ultimate goal isn't to become an ambidextrous wizard like M. A. Batio - what's the point?

If you think you've reached a threshold that is at its peak - why not try to play some Scotty Anderson or Brent Mason stuff note for note - or some other style that you're not "comfortable" in?

I admire the adventerous spirit of it all, but unless you're whole goal is to break out of a technique threshold, and not become ambidextrous and purchase an opposing Michael Angelo doubleneck - for fuck's sake why?

Well, to each his own - if you're havin a good time, fuck it right? But there are certainly better ways to break out of a rut especially if you plan on playing in your normal dextrous mode. If your whole plan revolves on reverting to that, I'd call this exercise time wasted - otherwise have a blast and put some beers into you while you do it.

i totaly get your point, and i know what you're trying to say.
    to be honest it just came to me and i figured "what the hell!" kinda thing
    im kida hoping it'll help my right hand technique in the process.
    i know what you mean about learning stuff out of my comfort zone and i shall probably give that a try too, but for now this is kind of a fun experiment.

oh and the beers are verymuch in the fridge!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by sisca View Post
    im a lefty and even i cant play lefty....ive tried, its fucking hard.
    i learned on a righty bass, so i guess it seems natural.

Wish you lived out my way, I'm looking for a bass player to start up a bar band with............
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter