Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default "Roth called for the lasers"

Van Halen: "RUNNING WITH THE LASERS"
    Las Vegas, NV: October 17th, 2007

Some may call 2007 the come back year for a number of bands. This year alone Pyrotek Special Effects and sister company Laser Design Productions have worked with likes of; Motley Crue, Meatloaf, and Spice Girls to name a few. More Recently, the tour that some anticipated to never occur has flourished. Just as fans were ready to forget, Van Halen has returned and can arguably be acclaimed as one of the decades most anticipated comebacks.

Laser Design Production Inc. is thrilled about the recent collaboration with the Van Halen Reunion Tour. "It's not everyday that you have a chance to work with one of the worlds most influential Rock Bands", commented Doug Adams, (President and Designer of Laser Design Productions). "Most people, myself included thought this tour would never happen. It's been a dream come true for so many to see David, Eddie and Alex on stage playing together again".

Lorenzo Cornacchia, (Vice President) demoed the lasers to the band at Center Staging in Burbank California. A pre-empted David Lee Roth arrived at the laser demo with a ghetto blaster in hand playing some upbeat music. Hesitant about having liner straight beams, which he referenced as being similar to that of a Star Wars look; Roth called for the lasers to produce slow, groovy atmospheric effects. At that point Adams was called upon to fulfill the design of the laser effects to specific titled songs. Working along side with Lighting Designer Butch Allen, the two focused on layering and texturing between the lighting and the lasers. "It's a crucial that we're always on the same page in order to bring the best out of each others designs", Adams explained. Touring Laser Operator Al Domanski was involved in bringing the designs to fruition. The laser equipment utilized for the laser designs are; (2) 40 Watt air cooled Yags, (2) remote scanners, along with (2) LDP10 projectors.

The laser effects of each song include a different look in which the effects are intended to sync with the altitude of the guitar riffs. The set list which consists of twenty-five songs, utilize the laser effects during; (Romeo Delight), where atmospheric scans zoom out on the guitar swells. (Mean Street), Remote scans produce a look of rolling waves that cross-fade during guitar riffs throughout the middle of the song. (Cradle Will Rock) During the pre chorus a staccato laser blade is pixilated to the chunky rhythm. (Eddy's Guitar Solo) A combination of atmospheric organic effects flow with Eddie Van Halen's volume fade-ins and echoing harmonics.

It is definitely the comeback year for Van Halen; The year began with the band being announced into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and will conclude with the band completing their scheduled North American tour. Fans are beside themselves to have a chance to attend one more Van Halen performance. Roth still brings an enthusiastic and entertaining presence to the stage and Eddie's playing as well as he ever did. Adams commented, "It's a great feeling knowing that Van Halen fans have another chance to see one of the best rock bands on stage together again; what we're trying to do is enhance the adrenaline of the show!"

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

lasers are cool...i got no problem with 'em...

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 904 Posts

You knew that with Roth back in the band that things like lasers and some props were going to be part of the show.

Thank you, Dave!!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

I, II, FW, 1984 W/Sam: Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

05.01.12 @ 07:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting tidbit.
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy
    ---------------------------------------------------

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pip-VH-Lifer View Post
    Interesting tidbit.
    I'm sure Ed had his two cents or more, on every aspect of this tour. If not, Dave would probably have the blonde wig acting like it was '84. Instead, he is reigned in and singing the songs the right way for the most part, and acting his age, making for what seems to be a more mature approach to the new era of VH. It is fresh and sexy and whoever put this mega show together deserves kudos, but i doubt it was DLR.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.03.08 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    You knew that with Roth back in the band that things like lasers and some props were going to be part of the show.

Thank you, Dave!!!!
    If they had no light s and nothing on stage, I would still love every minute of it.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets
    Last Online

07.30.08 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its great to see Dave being given the room to tak eth wheel on stage design. More proof that Dave isn't just sitting in...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    I'm sure Ed had his two cents or more, on every aspect of this tour. If not, Dave would probably have the blonde wig acting like it was '84. Instead, he is reigned in and singing the songs the right way for the most part, and acting his age, making for what seems to be a more mature approach to the new era of VH. It is fresh and sexy and whoever put this mega show together deserves kudos, but i doubt it was DLR.
    I doubt that....Dave got rid of that schtick after the 2002 Tour....but I'm sure Ed and Al has read him the riot act once or twice before the tour started...
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

I, for one, miss the Dahm triplets. We are on high alert!
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They call that a laser light show?? They must not have seen T.S.O. this year. Now THAT'S a laser light show..............
    Last edited by Wolfgang Bob; 12.10.07 at 06:35 AM.
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.13.16 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard originally Dave requested live sharks with laser beams attached to their frickin' heads!

Staying Frosty

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post

Tampa...what makes you doubt that Dave has had a very large say with regards to this production. I very much believe that Ed and Al know that Dave is very creative as far as envisioning such things as this, and would be happy to say "you handle it Dave, one less thing for us to think about". I could envision Ed pretty much saying "whatever you think is best" when it comes to the visuals. I could see Ed speaking up if he didn't think something looked good, but otherwise saying "go for it Dave".

That story fits right in with that theory.

I dig the classy, modern look they came up with.

I only had a problem with a couple visuals. The inflatable mic thing is pretty cheesy and doesn't fit in. I could also live without the top hats and Eddie should really put a shirt on for the love of god.

Ya know an inflatable MIKE may have been better to ride around onstage. lol
    Last edited by Pip-VH-Lifer; 12.10.07 at 07:30 AM.
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Tires View Post
    I heard originally Dave requested live sharks with laser beams attached to their frickin' heads!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pip-VH-Lifer View Post
    Tampa...what makes you doubt that Dave has had a very large say with regards to this production. I very much believe that Ed and Al know that Dave is very creative as far as envisioning such things as this, and would be happy to say "you handle it Dave, one less thing for us to think about". I could envision Ed pretty much saying "whatever you think is best" when it comes to the visuals. I could see Ed speaking up if he didn't think something looked good, but otherwise saying "go for it Dave".

That story fits right in with that theory.

I dig the classy, modern look they came up with.

I only had a problem with a couple visuals. The inflatable mic thing is pretty cheesy and doesn't fit in. I could also live without the top hats and Eddie should really put a shirt on for the love of god.

Ya know an inflatable MIKE may have been better to ride around onstage. lol

yeah what the hell is up with that giant mic anyways? what is it with dave and inflatable falluses?