Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Little Dreamer zyx345's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.07
    Location
    Northern, NJ
    Posts
    20
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    01.07.12 @ 08:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    D-Tuna Indentation?

    I just got a new D-Tuna for an EBMM Axis I have on order so I haven't installed it as of yet. Upon looking at it in the light I noticed a slight, less than a pin head sized indentation right on the top edge near the "H" in "EVH" on the D-Tuna itself.

    It looks as though its been chromed over so it does not appear to have been previously installed and when I run my finger nail over it, it appers to be somewhat smooth and you can tell its there but its not deep at all.

    I took a pic, attached below, of where it is. I tried to get it to photograph but this the best I could get it.

    My question is, is this normal? Will this effect the function of the D-Tuna itself?


  2. #2
    Eruption LeftyVanHalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.24.07
    Posts
    1,158
    Last Online

    08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Likes
    19
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zyx345 View Post
    I just got a new D-Tuna for an EBMM Axis I have on order so I haven't installed it as of yet. Upon looking at it in the light I noticed a slight, less than a pin head sized indentation right on the top edge near the "H" in "EVH" on the D-Tuna itself.

    It looks as though its been chromed over so it does not appear to have been previously installed and when I run my finger nail over it, it appers to be somewhat smooth and you can tell its there but its not deep at all.

    I took a pic, attached below, of where it is. I tried to get it to photograph but this the best I could get it.

    My question is, is this normal? Will this effect the function of the D-Tuna itself?


    I cant really see what you are talking about and for that fact alone...I tend to think it wont be a matter of that affecting the D Tuna. I've heard of some other manufacturing issue but dont know first hand.

    I have a D Tuna on my Frankie and no issues to date

  3. #3
    Little Dreamer zyx345's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.07
    Location
    Northern, NJ
    Posts
    20
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    01.07.12 @ 08:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    I cant really see what you are talking about and for that fact alone...I tend to think it wont be a matter of that affecting the D Tuna. I've heard of some other manufacturing issue but dont know first hand.

    I have a D Tuna on my Frankie and no issues to date

    Thanks, like I mentioned it won't photograph well due to the chroming over it but the arrow specifically points to where it is.

  4. #4
    Little Dreamer zyx345's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.07
    Location
    Northern, NJ
    Posts
    20
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    01.07.12 @ 08:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Heres another pic, hard to tell from the lighting, but the arrows point to where the indentation is:


  5. #5
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    10.01.06
    Posts
    203
    Last Online

    10.18.13 @ 05:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    just make sure the screw fits in that groove all the way
    that is the issue with the dtuna--- see the sticky post above

  6. #6
    Little Dreamer zyx345's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.07
    Location
    Northern, NJ
    Posts
    20
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    01.07.12 @ 08:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kissmyace View Post
    just make sure the screw fits in that groove all the way
    that is the issue with the dtuna--- see the sticky post above
    Interesting that you metioned that. The screw actually does not fit in the groove all the way, in fact it is quite tight.

  7. #7
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zyx345 View Post
    Interesting that you metioned that. The screw actually does not fit in the groove all the way, in fact it is quite tight.
    Check out the sticky thread then. It's a MAJOR manufacturing flaw. An easy home fix, but not the kind of thing one should expect from a rather expensive little device.

    As for the indentation, I don't see that as being any kind of an issue.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone use a D-Tuna?
    By JWR in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07.25.17, 03:08 PM
  2. I need D tuna help!
    By Dave King in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03.11.05, 02:08 PM
  3. D-Tuna Help
    By SuckaInA3Piece in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11.22.02, 04:28 AM
  4. D Tuna
    By SgtSchultz in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01.16.02, 12:19 PM
  5. EVH D-Tuna
    By EddieLoki in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11.26.01, 05:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •