Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default 'Naked Twister' nights inspire suburb's sex club ban

'Naked Twister' nights inspire suburb's sex club ban

DUNCANVILLE, Texas (AP) -- The most popular address on Cedar Ridge Drive is Jim Trulock's split-level home, which has a group sex room and attracts as many as 100 people to swinger parties featuring "Naked Twister" nights.

But the festivities could soon be over. In response to neighbors' complaints, the city has outlawed sex clubs in residential areas. Citations have been issued, and search warrants may be next.

"It's crazy that they want to force their morality down our throats," said Dawn Burton, 45, a regular guest at the parties. "We're all frustrated."

So are those who complain of the noise, traffic and parking problems that occur in their otherwise quiet, upscale neighborhood every Friday and Saturday, when Trulock's home is transformed into "The Cherry Pit."

Duncanville, which proclaims itself "The Perfect Blend of Family, Community and Business," is an unlikely venue for a neighborhood swinger club. The city of 36,000 just southwest of Dallas has about 50 places of worship and not a single registered sexually oriented business.

Duncanville officials insist they are not just another prudish Texas town giving the boot to spouse-swappers. They say it all boils down to a matter of law: Trulock is operating a business featuring live sex acts.

"It's not trying to judge anyone or pass judgment on someone's lifestyle," city spokeswoman Tonya Lewis said.

To support its claim, the city notes that the Cherry Pit accepts money from guests and promotes the parties on its Web site.

"We're not about infringing on the rights of the Cherry Pit patrons or owners," Lewis said. "But now your right to have fun has infringed on everyone else's. And now you have to draw the line."

Other cities have wrestled with the same issue.

Phoenix, for example, prohibited live sexual performances in 1998, effectively outlawing swinger parties. An appeals court upheld the law in 2003, and Duncanville used it as a blueprint when passing a ban last month.

Retiree Jack Martin, who lives a block behind Trulock's home, said he's concerned that the parties will reduce the value of his property.

Others are annoyed by the procession of cars that crowd their street on weekend evenings, or the flood of strangers who descend on the neighborhood.

"If you're going to do that, you should open a business," Martin said. "Go somewhere where it's allowed."

Attorneys for Trulock, 59, say the Cherry Pit is nothing more than a private residence where a group of friends get together on weekends to socialize in whatever way they prefer.

While guests are encouraged to make "voluntary donations" to cover the cost of food and refreshments, organizers deny that anyone is being charged admission to his parties.

Ed Klein, an attorney for the Cherry Pit, said many guests give no money, but those who do often chip in $10 or $20. Klein said he plans to file a lawsuit next week that will challenge the constitutionality of the ordinance and seek a temporary retraining order against the city.

"I don't think it's persecution so much as an invasion of their privacy," Klein said.

Arthur Leonard, a New York Law School professor who studies sexuality law, said the size of the parties might be a legal obstacle.

"It seems to me when you have that number of people involved, it becomes more like a public event," Leonard said. "It seems unlikely that a court would find privacy protection for an event this large."

The city has already cited Trulock with three violations, which carry a maximum $2,000 fine. Duncanville City Manager Kent Cagle this week pledged to continue enforcing the new law.

The case against the swinger parties "does appeal to a lot of people's sense of morality," said Lewis, the city spokeswoman. "That's been a lot of complaints we've gotten from residents: 'I came to Duncanville to have a family. I didn't come here to live next to a sex club."'
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 2,229 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

If you have issues with the parking, put up signs. If you have issue with people "donating," make it BYOS. Don't ban people from doing something in the privacy of their own home. That's just stupid.

Something tells me that if they were having just a regular Twister Night, there wouldn't be as much uproar over it.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I love how representatives of the government, police, and community groups always say "we're not passing judgment on anyone's lifestyle or forcing morality on anyone" whenever they pass laws that forbid people from living their lives.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Something tells me that if they were having just a regular Twister Night, there wouldn't be as much uproar over it.
    I'd say you're correct. Somebody's making some money here.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I just want to state for the record that at Texas Linkers Weekends we did NOT play "Naked Twister". "Naked Twister" time was scratched from the schedule so we could include "Napping Twister" time.

Right, Lode?

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo View Post
    I just want to state for the record that at Texas Linkers Weekends we did NOT play "Naked Twister". "Naked Twister" time was scratched from the schedule so we could include "Napping Twister" time.

Right, Lode?

LOFL! That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title of the thread. As soon as I saw it happened in Texas, I thought it was priceless!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok the phoenix gov is retarded. i agree completely with broken5900.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When 'Twister Night" is outlawed, the terrorists have won.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Don't let the terrorists win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo View Post

Right, Lode?

Sure. We believe you. Riiiight.

<muffled laughter>

Anyone got any videos from that particular event? No? Wanna BUY some?
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't really care what people do in the privacy of ther own home, unless it directly affects me. But, I don't understand why they would pick such an overwhelmingly conservative neighboorhood to do so. I mean, lots of churches and no sex shops! They would be better served to come down to the great city of New Orleans. They would be welcomed with open arms. Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything leagally wrong with what they are doing in the privacy of there own home, but it seems to me that they should have known that this would offend quite a few people in the family oriented neighborhood they live in. It's about respect and people seem to have little consideration for one another. It's all about whats best for ME and screw everyone else cause I have MY rights. I wonder if such a thing as common courtesy ever existed?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    I don't really care what people do in the privacy of ther own home, unless it directly affects me. But, I don't understand why they would pick such an overwhelmingly conservative neighboorhood to do so. I mean, lots of churches and no sex shops! They would be better served to come down to the great city of New Orleans. They would be welcomed with open arms. Don't get me wrong, I don't see anything leagally wrong with what they are doing in the privacy of there own home, but it seems to me that they should have known that this would offend quite a few people in the family oriented neighborhood they live in. It's about respect and people seem to have little consideration for one another. It's all about whats best for ME and screw everyone else cause I have MY rights. I wonder if such a thing as common courtesy ever existed?
    how does what I do in my home show any respect or lack thereof to my neighbour and vice versa? Why in god's name should I consider what would offend my neighbours when I'm deciding what I'm going to do inside MY home, the one I'M paying for? You'd have a point if we were talking about something that's going on in the subdivision's playground or something I was doing in the front yard on a sunday afternoon when all my neighbours were out mowing their lawn and the kids were riding bikes but the only thing I read that affects the neighbours would be cars parked along the street...which if you live in any suburb is a big problem whenever ANYONE throws any kind of party, bbq, family reuninon. Sorry but the whole point of having a home and walls and window shades and a place of mine and your own is precisely so we can stop worrying about the common decency and so we DON'T have to be considerate of others. The common decency and consideration is for when we're actually with other people out in public....not when I'm in my home.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 6,683 Times in 3,707 Posts

i agree with the people complaining.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    i agree with the people complaining.
    Yeah, I don't really care what my neighbors do in their house, but I'd be pissed to have 100 people coming over their house every Friday and Saturday night.