03.27.17 @ 06:58 PM
    Liked 471 Times in 272 Posts

Donor

Default *** REVIEWS Calgary 12.7 ***

Reviews only.

Last Online

05.11.13 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Show was awesome. Pretty much the same as everyone else has described. ....same set list and order of songs and the bad was as tight as ever, much better than the 2004 tour.

I came in from Singapore for the show and had high expectations after all the good reviews. Hearing about it on VH Links is one thing but witnessing it in person is totally different. Well worth the wait and money. Funny thing, we only bought our tickets today through Ticketmaster. Was thinking to go the scalper way but ended up landing 1st row on the R/H side stage (Eddie's side) and had a perfect view of everything. Took a ton of photos and some videos but the "security" guys stopped me from taking video a few times, letting me of with a "warning". Seemed like any kind of camera was ok, but when they see you shooting videos, they jump up in your face.

DLR looked like he enojoyed every minute of the show but somehow looked like he was "on a leash". Although his vocals were spot on and overall he did an awesome job. He gave a better performance than his usual solo show and had a perma-smile on like you wouldn't believe. Looked pretty happy to be back in the spotlight.

EVH looked and sounded a lot beter than 2004 and was almost flawless throughout the whole show. It was so awesome to hear all the riffs and songs that haven't been performed regularly for over 20 years. He was full of energy and his tone was awesome - not too loud at all. Looked to be genuinely happy and enjoying himself the whole show. No technical issues with his guitars although he was stationed almost directly in front of Alex and not to the right as usual......as we were on the right, it was a little weird to see him standing in the middle of the stage for more or less the whole show. No "ramp" action for EVH at all.

Wolfie was very proficient and clinical in his performance. Did a great job on the bass and with vocals and looked very comfortable up on the big stage with DLR and his Dad. He moved around a bit for a few songs but was more or less glued to the same spot on the stage for the rest.

Alex was steady and kept eveything tight. Looked to be having an awesome time.

Still debating whether or not to catch the edmonton show but if I can land the same tickets for the same price, I'll definitley do it.
    We Belong, in a world that MUST be strong!
    --------------
    54 40 x 3, Aaron Kwok, AC/DC, Aerosmith x 2, Andy Lau, Black Crowes, Bon Jovi x 4, Bryan Adams x 3, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Don Henley, Duran Duran, Eagles, Franz Ferdinand, Genesis, Guns n' Roses, INXS x 2, Jacky Cheung, Jeff Healey, Jet, Kim Mitchell, Linkin Park, Metallica, Michael Learns to Rock, No Doubt, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam x 2, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones x 3, Rush, Sammi Cheng x 4, Sammy Hagar x 4, Scorpions, Steve Vai, Tom Cochrane, Tragically Hip x 2, U2 x 2, Van Halen x 8, The Who, Zhang Hui Mei (A*Mei) x 3

Last Online

03.15.11 @ 02:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Calgary show

...And a great time was had by all!

Great show! This was my 5th VH concert since '93 and my wife's third show with me since 2004.
    Band seemed jovial and had lots of energy. I have to say compared to 2004 with Sammy which now seemed so "un-inspired", this was so cool to see.

Crowd was somewhat laid back and was probably the hightest per capita of 40 year old cougars EVER!!! lol

Nothing cooler then seeing that hot cougars 10 year old kid in a Van Halen shirt.

Let's all hope for the best and see if we can get some new tunes from these guys now!

Last Online

05.11.13 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just finished uploading RWTD on youtube - check it out

We Belong, in a world that MUST be strong!
    --------------
    54 40 x 3, Aaron Kwok, AC/DC, Aerosmith x 2, Andy Lau, Black Crowes, Bon Jovi x 4, Bryan Adams x 3, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Don Henley, Duran Duran, Eagles, Franz Ferdinand, Genesis, Guns n' Roses, INXS x 2, Jacky Cheung, Jeff Healey, Jet, Kim Mitchell, Linkin Park, Metallica, Michael Learns to Rock, No Doubt, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam x 2, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones x 3, Rush, Sammi Cheng x 4, Sammy Hagar x 4, Scorpions, Steve Vai, Tom Cochrane, Tragically Hip x 2, U2 x 2, Van Halen x 8, The Who, Zhang Hui Mei (A*Mei) x 3

Favorite VH Album

1984, VH1, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL, China Town
    Last Online

03.26.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 113 Times in 66 Posts

Hi, I would've posted earlier, but am still recovering from a LATE night out!

I have the Philly 10/03 DVD boot so I pretty much knew what to expect...the set list/props/banter was mostly the same as the rest of the tour...my observations would be:

First, the blimp took a Hindenberg dive and crashed into about row 20 of the floor before the show! Kind of a funny way to start things off..
    As for performances, DLR was terrific as usual..the consummate showman, he tweaked his banter a bit to make reference to Calgary's current cold weather during the motorcycle sounds freestyle in "Everybody Wants Some"...he also added a story before "Ice Cream Man" that I don't think was present earlier in the tour about a friend named Stan and his ice cream truck..his singing was spot on as has been the case for the tour, and he seemed to be enjoying himself as much as any show on the tour...I was watching for any hint of animosity with Ed but they were high-fiving as much as ever..
    Ed was on fire as usual in '07...his tone was dead-on and he seemed to be having a blast...his gear is now set up right in front of the drum riser and he didn't venture too much to his usual spot at stage right during this show..he did however wander over to Wolfgang's side more than I would have expected..he wore the long white pants and was shirtless as usual..as for guitars, he played the proto white Wolfgang he has been using lately with the regular exceptions...the ebay guitars were a yellow with black stripes Charvel during "I'll Wait" that had VH07 steciled on the lower body and a red/black/white one with blocks painted on during "Cradle"...
    Wolf was better than on the boot I have...he seems to be more comfortable and moved around a bit more than I would have thought....I still really enjoy his tapping break in "Romeo Delight"...he did a commendable job on backing vocals as well..
    Alex was a monster...outside of maybe Neil Peart, the best rock drummer on the planet...even enjoyed his solo, which I always have skipped on the boot..
    I heard someone else refer to the crowd as laid back...it was worse..they were lame...almost everyone sat on their hands until the expected 1984 hits...one of the quietest Saddledome crowds I have seen at a show..a disappointment, given that this was a mind-blowing show..
    The band as a whole was razor-sharp...any rough edges that were apparent in the early shows are now gone...If you can go to any of these shows, definitely do it...as tight as they are this deep into the tour, if they headed into the studio now, they could produce a monster album! Anyway, I'm off to continue my VH-induced recovery...have a great weekend!!
    "People ask me how far I've come. And I tell them twelve feet: from the audience to the stage." - David Lee Roth

Last Online

05.14.12 @ 08:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"I CAN BARELY SEE THE ROAD"

What an amazing show put on by the great VH. Dave's voice seemed to improve through the tour as I thought it might. ED was on fire although his solo has included less and less of "Eruption" through the years. Wolfie was feeling more comfortable and Alex was....well, Alex. He's always been the steady, good job guys!!! Here's to a new album.

My 13 year old son was awe struck!! Some guy in the row ahead of us ( i think he was with a Calgary radio station) looked back at us while putting on his classic VH T and said...That your son?......I said "yup". He asked his age and then said his son was 12 and he should have brought him.......I said "yup". He then pointed to his 6'6" friend. and said "I brought HIM instead!

Anyone that's on this board should NOT pass this chance up.....seriously. Screw the Sammy, Mikey shit and just go. You can still be bitter later!
    -"There's a little bit of VH in everyone"- AVH