Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    31
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,103
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default How to deal with an unruly co-worker

    Alright, I just found out tonight that I've got a co-worker out to screw me over.

    I got hired at my place of business back in January and at the time this person was already there, had been there for like 5 years and all, about a month later he got promoted to relief Shift Leader and of course big ego boost and all. Back in march our department got outsourced and he decided to leave not wanting to bother with the new company. Between the time he left and the time he came back in October, I impressed management and slowly began to climb the ladder and all and got bumped up to relief dispatcher. The last week or so I've been covering for the night dispatcher and he works nights and has apparently been going to management trying to get me demoted and or fired, considering he is the only person complaining I really aren't worried, I kinda just chalk it up to the fact that he still believes he has some kind of seniority in the department, but what are some ways of dealing with this?

  2. #2
    Super Duper Frontman track 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.04.00
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    7,887
    Last Online

    12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Likes
    1,311
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Burn him a cd of Van Halen(your choice) and tell him that this job is cool and stop fucking with me. If that doesn't work, burn his arm(his choice) and tell him to to stop fucking with you. Either way, Van Halen is envolved and you win. I do what I can to help the people. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

    You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

    "You stupid fuck!" Seen

    "Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

  3. #3
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    31
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,103
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I like the Van Halen part.....and the burning part lol

  4. #4
    Damage your reputation seenbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.24.00
    Age
    45
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    26,946
    Favorite VH Album

    Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the one
    Last Online

    11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Likes
    73
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Burn him a cd of Van Halen(your choice) and tell him that this job is cool and stop fucking with me. If that doesn't work, burn his arm(his choice) and tell him to to stop fucking with you. Either way, Van Halen is envolved and you win. I do what I can to help the people. Out.


    Sir, you are ROLLING lately.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

    Gunter glieben glauchen globen

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk Raldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Cromwell, CT USA
    Posts
    17,185
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Likes
    1,827
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen2079 View Post
    Alright, I just found out tonight that I've got a co-worker out to screw me over.

    I got hired at my place of business back in January and at the time this person was already there, had been there for like 5 years and all, about a month later he got promoted to relief Shift Leader and of course big ego boost and all. Back in march our department got outsourced and he decided to leave not wanting to bother with the new company. Between the time he left and the time he came back in October, I impressed management and slowly began to climb the ladder and all and got bumped up to relief dispatcher. The last week or so I've been covering for the night dispatcher and he works nights and has apparently been going to management trying to get me demoted and or fired, considering he is the only person complaining I really aren't worried, I kinda just chalk it up to the fact that he still believes he has some kind of seniority in the department, but what are some ways of dealing with this?
    Lock him in a room and play 'How Many Say I' over and over again thru a speaker in the room.

    j/k....Play n'Sync or Backstreet Boys instead.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

    In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

    "High speed, low drag."

    "Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

    Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

    Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

    got tequila?

    http://keepitaliveforever.com

  6. #6
    Good Enough vhrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    "Mean Street", Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,197
    Favorite VH Album

    The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

    Can't pick just one
    Last Online

    01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Lock him in a room and play 'How Many Say I' over and over again thru a speaker in the room.

    j/k....Play nsync or Backstreet Boys instead.
    Hell Yeah, torcher his ass!!!
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

    I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen


  7. #7
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    01.31.07
    Posts
    10
    Last Online

    12.20.07 @ 02:15 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    1) get friends to stick up for you - "we heard rumors going around about JOE and just want to say he's a good guy." If a group goes to management and says this, you'll have the advantage.

    2) now - use this advantage. after friends stick up for you, speak with the boss about the situation. tell him you like your job and are tired of this vigilante.

    everything this person says afterwards will only contribute to their own reputation as a nasty snitch.

    that's what i would do anyway!

  8. #8
    Hot For Teacher 8amtill606's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.06.07
    Posts
    231
    Last Online

    03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I've dealth with more than one toxic employees.

    In the office: Kill him with kindness. He, at some point, will try to push you into more confrontation with him which upper management will notice which is step one of what he wants. If you start showing defensive behavior or become aggressive with him, he will stand back and play victim for the crowd.

    Do not get into any email or written squabbles with the guy if you communicate that way, but document everything that he does very carefully - dated etc. Report it to your manager if you feel it necessary. Do not wait too long because if you do, management may assume you were egging the situation by not coming to them at first.

    If he has to take any direction from you, be respectful and VERY clear about what he needs to do so there is absoulutely no chance of misunderstanding.

    Outside the office: If he's really after trouble and you see this person ever in a social setting rise above it and ignore him if he starts slinging crap. Avoid any discussions with him that can be 'taken back' into the office. If he forces you into a conversation, just look him in the eye and state calmly the obvious truth to him. Something like:

    'It's unfortunate that you have a problem with me and it's too bad that you're creating tension and conflict at work between us. But remember, you were the one that left the company for greener pastures, not me. I'm just trying to do my job well and move ahead as best I can'.

    Most people today (especially those with an axe to grind) do not know how to process that kind of response, especially when it is loaded with truth. So in most likelyhood, he's going to walk away scratching his head because that wasn't the kind of response he was driving you to.

    Hang in there and be cool. Most of those types end up self destructing anyway.

    My two cents.

  9. #9
    Good Enough wombattt's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.12.04
    Posts
    1,787
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Constantly Changes
    Last Online

    05.23.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Likes
    271
    Liked 200 Times in 123 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8amtill606 View Post
    I've dealth with more than one toxic employees.

    In the office: Kill him with kindness. He, at some point, will try to push you into more confrontation with him which upper management will notice which is step one of what he wants. If you start showing defensive behavior or become aggressive with him, he will stand back and play victim for the crowd.

    Do not get into any email or written squabbles with the guy if you communicate that way, but document everything that he does very carefully - dated etc. Report it to your manager if you feel it necessary. Do not wait too long because if you do, management may assume you were egging the situation by not coming to them at first.

    If he has to take any direction from you, be respectful and VERY clear about what he needs to do so there is absoulutely no chance of misunderstanding.

    Outside the office: If he's really after trouble and you see this person ever in a social setting rise above it and ignore him if he starts slinging crap. Avoid any discussions with him that can be 'taken back' into the office. If he forces you into a conversation, just look him in the eye and state calmly the obvious truth to him. Something like:

    'It's unfortunate that you have a problem with me and it's too bad that you're creating tension and conflict at work between us. But remember, you were the one that left the company for greener pastures, not me. I'm just trying to do my job well and move ahead as best I can'.

    Most people today (especially those with an axe to grind) do not know how to process that kind of response, especially when it is loaded with truth. So in most likelyhood, he's going to walk away scratching his head because that wasn't the kind of response he was driving you to.

    Hang in there and be cool. Most of those types end up self destructing anyway.

    My two cents.

    some excellent advice...unfortunatly this type of wisdom only comes from those who have lived through worse.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

  10. #10
    Eruption Executionor's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.28.01
    Age
    49
    Location
    Erie, Kansas
    Posts
    1,468
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Do EXACTLY what 8amtill606 says. Do not vary at all and do not even acknowledge directly what he is doing to you. Let other people see what he is doing and do not react yourself. I have been down this road and it SUCKS. Some people are just difficult to deal with.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

    Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

    It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

  11. #11
    Eruption hotforteacher921's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.15.07
    Age
    25
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    798
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

    06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Lock him in a room and play 'How Many Say I' over and over again thru a speaker in the room.

    j/k....Play n'Sync or Backstreet Boys instead.
    or Learning to See.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Do not get into any email or written squabbles with the guy if you communicate that way, but document everything that he does very carefully - dated etc. Report it to your manager if you feel it necessary. Do not wait too long because if you do, management may assume you were egging the situation by not coming to them at first.
    Yes sir!

    Document, document, document everything! Cover your butt with paper.
    Assume he's doing the same. Names, dates, times and names of co-workers who can be witnesses.

    Keep a smile on your face and take the high ground, just watch your back.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Once again......hire a 'cleaner'.

    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  14. #14
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.13.02
    Age
    31
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,103
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I sat down with my manager today and talked to him about the situation, he said that my co-worker was doing a lot of complaining but that since he knows how I operate when I'm covering a shift and that he was hearing nothing but good things from other workers(apparently he had been looking into the situation)that he was really just going to let the thing resolve it self and said that he really didn't think there was a situation at all, and pretty much figured the guy was going to do it regardless who covered the shift and not to worry about it. So dodged a bullet this time. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind next time I got a problem like this.

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen2079 View Post
    I sat down with my manager today and talked to him about the situation, he said that my co-worker was doing a lot of complaining but that since he knows how I operate when I'm covering a shift and that he was hearing nothing but good things from other workers(apparently he had been looking into the situation)that he was really just going to let the thing resolve it self and said that he really didn't think there was a situation at all, and pretty much figured the guy was going to do it regardless who covered the shift and not to worry about it. So dodged a bullet this time. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind next time I got a problem like this.
    Well.....now that you have successfully lulled your overseer into a false sense of security, you are now free to psychologically puree your enemy into a series of sleepless nights and constantly soiled Dilbert boxer shorts!!

    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Co-worker....EVH nothing that great
    By Van Halen III in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09.12.07, 09:05 AM
  2. Mike-isms... Random comments from a co-worker...
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11.19.06, 02:58 PM
  3. CEOs earn 262 times pay of average worker
    By Viking in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06.24.06, 07:59 AM
  4. Wal-Mart Worker Finds Man Glued to Toilet
    By map57 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05.04.06, 06:05 AM
  5. Suggestion for unruly kids
    By rrussou812 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11.30.02, 07:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •