Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 08:41 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Default How to deal with an unruly co-worker

Alright, I just found out tonight that I've got a co-worker out to screw me over.

I got hired at my place of business back in January and at the time this person was already there, had been there for like 5 years and all, about a month later he got promoted to relief Shift Leader and of course big ego boost and all. Back in march our department got outsourced and he decided to leave not wanting to bother with the new company. Between the time he left and the time he came back in October, I impressed management and slowly began to climb the ladder and all and got bumped up to relief dispatcher. The last week or so I've been covering for the night dispatcher and he works nights and has apparently been going to management trying to get me demoted and or fired, considering he is the only person complaining I really aren't worried, I kinda just chalk it up to the fact that he still believes he has some kind of seniority in the department, but what are some ways of dealing with this?

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Burn him a cd of Van Halen(your choice) and tell him that this job is cool and stop fucking with me. If that doesn't work, burn his arm(his choice) and tell him to to stop fucking with you. Either way, Van Halen is envolved and you win. I do what I can to help the people. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I like the Van Halen part.....and the burning part lol

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Burn him a cd of Van Halen(your choice) and tell him that this job is cool and stop fucking with me. If that doesn't work, burn his arm(his choice) and tell him to to stop fucking with you. Either way, Van Halen is envolved and you win. I do what I can to help the people. Out.

Sir, you are ROLLING lately.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 1,474 Times in 899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen2079 View Post
    Alright, I just found out tonight that I've got a co-worker out to screw me over.

I got hired at my place of business back in January and at the time this person was already there, had been there for like 5 years and all, about a month later he got promoted to relief Shift Leader and of course big ego boost and all. Back in march our department got outsourced and he decided to leave not wanting to bother with the new company. Between the time he left and the time he came back in October, I impressed management and slowly began to climb the ladder and all and got bumped up to relief dispatcher. The last week or so I've been covering for the night dispatcher and he works nights and has apparently been going to management trying to get me demoted and or fired, considering he is the only person complaining I really aren't worried, I kinda just chalk it up to the fact that he still believes he has some kind of seniority in the department, but what are some ways of dealing with this?
    Lock him in a room and play 'How Many Say I' over and over again thru a speaker in the room.

j/k....Play n'Sync or Backstreet Boys instead.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Lock him in a room and play 'How Many Say I' over and over again thru a speaker in the room.

j/k....Play nsync or Backstreet Boys instead.
    Hell Yeah, torcher his ass!!!
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 02:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1) get friends to stick up for you - "we heard rumors going around about JOE and just want to say he's a good guy." If a group goes to management and says this, you'll have the advantage.

2) now - use this advantage. after friends stick up for you, speak with the boss about the situation. tell him you like your job and are tired of this vigilante.

everything this person says afterwards will only contribute to their own reputation as a nasty snitch.

that's what i would do anyway!

Last Online

03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've dealth with more than one toxic employees.

In the office: Kill him with kindness. He, at some point, will try to push you into more confrontation with him which upper management will notice which is step one of what he wants. If you start showing defensive behavior or become aggressive with him, he will stand back and play victim for the crowd.

Do not get into any email or written squabbles with the guy if you communicate that way, but document everything that he does very carefully - dated etc. Report it to your manager if you feel it necessary. Do not wait too long because if you do, management may assume you were egging the situation by not coming to them at first.

If he has to take any direction from you, be respectful and VERY clear about what he needs to do so there is absoulutely no chance of misunderstanding.

Outside the office: If he's really after trouble and you see this person ever in a social setting rise above it and ignore him if he starts slinging crap. Avoid any discussions with him that can be 'taken back' into the office. If he forces you into a conversation, just look him in the eye and state calmly the obvious truth to him. Something like:

'It's unfortunate that you have a problem with me and it's too bad that you're creating tension and conflict at work between us. But remember, you were the one that left the company for greener pastures, not me. I'm just trying to do my job well and move ahead as best I can'.

Most people today (especially those with an axe to grind) do not know how to process that kind of response, especially when it is loaded with truth. So in most likelyhood, he's going to walk away scratching his head because that wasn't the kind of response he was driving you to.

Hang in there and be cool. Most of those types end up self destructing anyway.

My two cents.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

05.23.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8amtill606 View Post
    I've dealth with more than one toxic employees.

In the office: Kill him with kindness. He, at some point, will try to push you into more confrontation with him which upper management will notice which is step one of what he wants. If you start showing defensive behavior or become aggressive with him, he will stand back and play victim for the crowd.

Do not get into any email or written squabbles with the guy if you communicate that way, but document everything that he does very carefully - dated etc. Report it to your manager if you feel it necessary. Do not wait too long because if you do, management may assume you were egging the situation by not coming to them at first.

If he has to take any direction from you, be respectful and VERY clear about what he needs to do so there is absoulutely no chance of misunderstanding.

Outside the office: If he's really after trouble and you see this person ever in a social setting rise above it and ignore him if he starts slinging crap. Avoid any discussions with him that can be 'taken back' into the office. If he forces you into a conversation, just look him in the eye and state calmly the obvious truth to him. Something like:

'It's unfortunate that you have a problem with me and it's too bad that you're creating tension and conflict at work between us. But remember, you were the one that left the company for greener pastures, not me. I'm just trying to do my job well and move ahead as best I can'.

Most people today (especially those with an axe to grind) do not know how to process that kind of response, especially when it is loaded with truth. So in most likelyhood, he's going to walk away scratching his head because that wasn't the kind of response he was driving you to.

Hang in there and be cool. Most of those types end up self destructing anyway.

My two cents.

some excellent advice...unfortunatly this type of wisdom only comes from those who have lived through worse.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do EXACTLY what 8amtill606 says. Do not vary at all and do not even acknowledge directly what he is doing to you. Let other people see what he is doing and do not react yourself. I have been down this road and it SUCKS. Some people are just difficult to deal with.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post

j/k....Play n'Sync or Backstreet Boys instead.
    or Learning to See.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yes sir!

Document, document, document everything! Cover your butt with paper.
    Assume he's doing the same. Names, dates, times and names of co-workers who can be witnesses.

Keep a smile on your face and take the high ground, just watch your back.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Once again......hire a 'cleaner'.

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I sat down with my manager today and talked to him about the situation, he said that my co-worker was doing a lot of complaining but that since he knows how I operate when I'm covering a shift and that he was hearing nothing but good things from other workers(apparently he had been looking into the situation)that he was really just going to let the thing resolve it self and said that he really didn't think there was a situation at all, and pretty much figured the guy was going to do it regardless who covered the shift and not to worry about it. So dodged a bullet this time. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind next time I got a problem like this.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalen2079 View Post
    I sat down with my manager today and talked to him about the situation, he said that my co-worker was doing a lot of complaining but that since he knows how I operate when I'm covering a shift and that he was hearing nothing but good things from other workers(apparently he had been looking into the situation)that he was really just going to let the thing resolve it self and said that he really didn't think there was a situation at all, and pretty much figured the guy was going to do it regardless who covered the shift and not to worry about it. So dodged a bullet this time. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind next time I got a problem like this.
    Well.....now that you have successfully lulled your overseer into a false sense of security, you are now free to psychologically puree your enemy into a series of sleepless nights and constantly soiled Dilbert boxer shorts!!

LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!