Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

Default Post Office seeing red over Netflix envelopes

Those red DVD mailers Netflix uses are a huge pain in the butt for postal workers. In a report out this week, the Postal Service says it has to manually process 70% of Netflix's DVD envelopes because they jam up the mail machines.

And here's government bureaucracy at its finest. Normally the Postal Service would charge Netflix for having a "nonmachineable" mailpiece. But this kind of envelope isn't discussed in the official "Mail Manual," so the Postal Service can't classify it as nonmachineable.

So the Postal Service has had to suck it up and hand-process Netflix envelopes. That's added $41.9 million in labor costs over the past two years and will add $61.5 million over the next two, the service estimates.

No more. The Postal Service's Inspector General wants Netflix to make its envelopes easier to process or pay a 17-cent surcharge for each one. Netflix says it will redesign its mailer to avoid the fee. A spokesman spins the issue to note that the company actually saves the post office money by going to the post office to get returned discs. Netflix is entitled to have the discs delivered because it pays for first-class postage.

Netflix mails 1.6 million DVDs a day.

Citi analysts said that if Netflix has to pay the surcharge, monthly operating income per subscriber would fall by two-thirds, from $1.05 to 35 cents. Citi reiterated its "sell" rating on Netflix.

Investors shrugged off the mini-drama yesterday. Netflix shares rose 18 cents to close at $23.93.
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

fucking post office...not only are they wildly inefficient and lazy but they wine too...."aww...this envelops don't go through our machines so we have to actually touch them...my peepee hurts..."

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

You've got issues.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Top Of The World, Runaround
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    fucking post office...not only are they wildly inefficient and lazy but they wine too...."aww...this envelops don't go through our machines so we have to actually touch them...my peepee hurts..."
    I agree. Here's my why I hate the post office story:

Went to the post office to get 2 cent stamps after those greedy bastards raised the price of postage. I was standing in line (there's always a line at the post office.) There is a sign posted that reads: "We will not wait on you if you are talking on a cellphone". Fair enough. All of a sudden a cell phone rings and it's the dumbass clerk behind the counter; it's HER cell phone. The dumb bitch says to the calller "I can't talk right now call you back later". I think everybody in that line wanted to kill her.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    You've got issues.
    yes I do...with the crappy post office....especially the branch I have to deal with on a weekly basis. I run a website and I use the USPS for 90% of my shipping so I have to go there all the time. The stamp machine either doesn't work or doesn't give out change. They only ever have two people at the counter...they are rude, slow and lazy. Their service is piss poor. I'll give you an example, a couple months back I had two packages that needed to go out for customers. It was a Saturday. I packed up the orders and drove to the post office. The front counter was closed AND the priority shipping bin was locked. My packages were paid for and ready to go, all I needed to do was hand them to someone. I go around back where they have all the different postal employees loading and unloading packages. I had been told by the regional postal rep that I could drop packages off after hours at the back door by just handing them to an employee. So...that's what I planned on doing. The door was wide open and there were people walking around etc...I said "hello." No one acknowledged me. I said "hi...excuse me, I just need to hand these off..." No one acknowledges me. I ring the fucking bell and the woman who is walking past me looks up, groans and keeps walking. I see a mail carrier heading to her truck and I say "hi, can I just hand these to you. They're paid for and ready to go but the bin upfront is locked." She goes to grab them and then another carrier says "uh uh...you can't be taking no packages from peoples...they's got to go up front but theys closed so they's goina hafta waits until Mondee." This is complete bullshit. I say, 'maam, just because it's saturday doesn't mean the post office does not accept outgoing mail. These are paid for. Any postal employee can accept them." She says "uh uh..I don't know bout nonnu that...you goina hafta go up fronts and I getta managuhs to go talk to you." Whatever. Fine. Now mind you, I have a fucking business to run. I have a storefront and a website. I'm the only person who works her so when I'm not here customers cant' buy things. But I promised these people I'd get these two packages out that day and after this hassle it had become a matter of principal. So I go back around to the front of the post office. I wait 15 minutes by my cel phone. NOTHING. I go back around to the back...no sight of the bitch that wouldn't let me give my packages to the letter carrier and I see no sign of the groaner. Back to saying "hello..." and "excuse me" and being ignored. Fuck this. I walk over to another postal carrier who is about to get in her truck and try again. "Can I give you these packages? They're paid for and ready to go and I just need to get them into the system...is that ok?" She says "absolutely...and just so you know, you can give your packages to any letter carrier, you dont have to come up here." She takes my packages and I get to go back to work. 35 minutes of my life that will never come back to me. And don't get me started on the dozen or so times in the past year they've damaged, lost or outright STOLEN packages from me or my customers. Yes, STOLEN. They delivered a package to my customers office that had the contents REMOVED en route. We were reimbursed but still, postal employees are out there sifting through our shit and taking whatever they want knowing that people will get another card sent out, or insurance will cover the cost of the merchandise. You want to know where most of the credit card theft originates? The post office. Fuck the post office.

You ask why I continue to do business with them despite my obvious hatred? I switched to Fed Ex despite it being pricier and the lack of free packing supplies but the customer service was EXCELLENT....absolutely stupendous. I'd still be with them however they have a policy concerning declared value that allows them to only pay the first $100 of a claim if the item that was lost or damaged is of unique or collectible value. That is to say, if the item is vintage jewelry, a one-of-a-kind painting, stained glass etc...they're only going to pay out a hundred bucks...no matter what the appraised value is or what the purchase price is. The post office, despite taking sometimes up to 6 months to pay a claim will pay the entire amount because shippers have the option of buying actual insurance, not just declaring a value. So... I had to go back to the fucking post office. Fuck the post office.
    Last edited by broken9500; 12.06.07 at 01:20 PM.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    Yes, STOLEN. They delivered a package to my customers office that had the contents REMOVED en route.
    yep, have indicted over 7 of them when i was on a federal grand jury
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I've always thought it was interesting that Americans have allowed the government to deliver their mail for centuries.

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I use game fly for Xbox 360 games, and the people at the Post office seem to be stealing the games, and sending the envelope! This has happened to me 7 times! Then I wait even longer for the game because I have to report it, and wiat for them to ship another! This also happens with net flix DVD's also! BULL SHIT!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

I've never had them loose a netflix dvd on me but I have received the re-mailer envelope completely torn to shreds. Hey lets face it, most of the people that work for the post office are only there because they knew it would be a cake job with benefits. And don't even get me started on the delivery people. My neighborhood always has a different one and they are always rude. Fuck the postal service, I rely more and more on electronic mail and it has never done me wrong. I receive and pay bills that way and when it comes time to ship something I use UPS through my business.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.