Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

01.01.18 @ 04:31 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Default I have a new addiction...

Well I think this belongs in here since this is the music forum. So I have a Nintendo Wii and I went out a bought Guitar Hero III for it and well... What can I say I cannot play enough of it! Anyone else have it? What are your thoughts and favorite songs on it?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

no but I think the south park guitar hero episode is among the funniest things I've ever seen in my life...I saw some people playing once at a party and I thought it was kinda goofy but whether it was the south park episode or just that craze that is sweeping the nation is beginning to sweep me away with it, i'm starting to get kind of curious...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

See, I'll never understand this whole Guitar Hero craze. Why not just play REAL guitar? It's a lot more rewarding, and you won't look like a douche staring at his TV with a plastic stick with six buttons in his hands. Just my opinion.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cam-5150 View Post
    See, I'll never understand this whole Guitar Hero craze. Why not just play REAL guitar? It's a lot more rewarding, and you won't look like a douche staring at his TV with a plastic stick with six buttons in his hands. Just my opinion.
    My kids got it earlier this year and they were like "Dad you are gonna LOVE this." I tried it and I despise it. I can't do it at all because I'm actually trying to *play* the songs instead of hitting the buttons at the right time. It has absolutely nothing to do with playing guitar aside from holding a guitar-shaped device. Nothing more than asteroids or space invaders with a twist and I think it develops muscle memory that is detrimental to actually learning how to play guitar, if someone should be stupid enough to think it would help in any way. The one positive it does have is that it is introducing a ton of teenagers to some really good music.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

01.15.18 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 1,237 Times in 452 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    Well I think this belongs in here since this is the music forum. So I have a Nintendo Wii and I went out a bought Guitar Hero III for it and well... What can I say I cannot play enough of it! Anyone else have it? What are your thoughts and favorite songs on it?
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/the-...ad-t40034.html
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

So basically it's a repackaged version of this, with rock tunes replacing the boops and beeps...

Swell.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyw View Post
    The one positive it does have is that it is introducing a ton of teenagers to some really good music.
    That's actually another one of the things that pisses me off about the game, because I've been listening to those songs WAY before Guitar Hero even existed. Now anytime somebody from my generation hears "Carry on Wayward Son" from Kansas on the radio they'll all like "Dude, that's that song from Guitar Hero!" I just think it's pathetic that the only way young people are getting exposed to good music is from playing a freaking video game. Lame.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    So basically it's a repackaged version of this, with rock tunes replacing the boops and beeps...

Swell.
    Exactly. BEEP BOOP BIDDY BOOP BEEP BEEP EANNNGGGGNKK!
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by cam-5150 View Post
    That's actually another one of the things that pisses me off about the game, because I've been listening to those songs WAY before Guitar Hero even existed. Now anytime somebody from my generation hears "Carry on Wayward Son" from Kansas on the radio they'll all like "Dude, that's that song from Guitar Hero!" I just think it's pathetic that the only way young people are getting exposed to good music is from playing a freaking video game. Lame.
    Good point. I have kids your age and I think it's cool they're hearing these tunes, but I can imagine being your age and not wanting to be associated with the geek squad. Heh, I guess I'm calling my kid a geek here but he had a good background knowledge on most of those tunes from dear old Dad before the game came out too, so he kinda knows the line between cool and geek. He has introduced me to some pretty cool stuff from your generation too, Like Coheed and Bang Camaro and shit like that, so it's all good.

- DLR 2012

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

Swell.
    dude! Don't knock the Simon...

BTW: Did ya have one of these?