Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.18.13 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Backstage Meet And Greet Stories

Just thought I haven't seen any thread about this but I know the reviews are great and all, also would love to hear stories of meeting with the band before or after the shows??
    Thanks,
    Forrest
    ps.. please close this if there already is a thread!! Thanks!!

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I don't believe they are doing meet and greet, otherwise a lot of us would have been there.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

10.08.08 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On a side note, I've met and got things autographed by every VH member except Wolfgang.
    Dave: I've met him twice. Once outside a Boston radio staton in 1994 where I got his autograph. The second time was when he was rehearsing with the Boston Pops Orchestra in 2004 for the 4th of July extravaganza in Boston. I went there the day before because I figured he'd be rehearsing and he was. He came out after and I shook his hand and spoke with him for a moment. I forgot to bring a camera with me. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for that one. Funny thing about that meeting was his band got into a van and left, while Dave decided to walk back to his hotel. It was just a few blocks and he did have a big bodyguard.

Sammy: He signed an Inside magazine for me after his show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston in 1999 while walking to his limo.

Eddie,Alex Mike and Gary: Met all four of them at the in store signing they did at the Virgin Mega Store in Times Square back in 1998. Eddie was acting strange that day. It doesn't surprise that VH nearly fell apart in the coming years.

Gary: I've met Gary countless time by himself because we both hail from the same hometown. Cool guy, no rock star ego whatsoever. Very approachable and nice to everyone who recognizes him.

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbug View Post
    On a side note, I've met and got things autographed by every VH member except Wolfgang.
    Dave: I've met him twice. Once outside a Boston radio staton in 1994 where I got his autograph. The second time was when he was rehearsing with the Boston Pops Orchestra in 2004 for the 4th of July extravaganza in Boston. I went there the day before because I figured he'd be rehearsing and he was. He came out after and I shook his hand and spoke with him for a moment. I forgot to bring a camera with me. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for that one. Funny thing about that meeting was his band got into a van and left, while Dave decided to walk back to his hotel. It was just a few blocks and he did have a big bodyguard.

Sammy: He signed an Inside magazine for me after his show at the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston in 1999 while walking to his limo.

Eddie,Alex Mike and Gary: Met all four of them at the in store signing they did at the Virgin Mega Store in Times Square back in 1998. Eddie was acting strange that day. It doesn't surprise that VH nearly fell apart in the coming years.

Gary: I've met Gary countless time by himself because we both hail from the same hometown. Cool guy, no rock star ego whatsoever. Very approachable and nice to everyone who recognizes him.
    Cool story. Thanks for sharing. Not to knock on Gary but why would he have an attitude...the guy isnt a rock star and will go down as the guy who sucked in VH. That's my story and i'm sticking to it...

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.09 @ 07:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My ex girlfriend met Eddie a few week ago in Boston. She said she was walking home from her job and saw a guy asking a taxi driver for directions. She said he looked vaguely familiar and he wasn't getting far with the cab driver so she went closer and noticed the franky style chuck taylors.

She said "are you eddie van halen?" and he said "yeah". she asked him if he needed help and i guess he had gone out for a walk and forgotten how to get back to his hotel. Anyway, she ended up walking him back to where he was staying. She said he was a real nice guy and seemed to be very happy and proud of the tour.

It was a cool story.

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaystayflaar View Post
    My ex girlfriend met Eddie a few week ago in Boston. She said she was walking home from her job and saw a guy asking a taxi driver for directions. She said he looked vaguely familiar and he wasn't getting far with the cab driver so she went closer and noticed the franky style chuck taylors.

She said "are you eddie van halen?" and he said "yeah". she asked him if he needed help and i guess he had gone out for a walk and forgotten how to get back to his hotel. Anyway, she ended up walking him back to where he was staying. She said he was a real nice guy and seemed to be very happy and proud of the tour.

It was a cool story.
    Oh, ok !!!! Ed taking a stroll through downtown Boston and some stranger walks him back to his hotel. WTF ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    Oh, ok !!!! Ed taking a stroll through downtown Boston and some stranger walks him back to his hotel. WTF ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I saw DLR at Cheers in Boston, he was just sitting there by himself and he asked if he could jerk me off ! He seemed really proud to pose the question.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.09 @ 07:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Contrary to popular belief.... Celebrities are people... and they go places.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaystayflaar View Post
    Contrary to popular belief.... Celebrities are people... and they go places.
    exactly!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.22.12 @ 11:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default VH

My friends have met the entire band in Philadelphia, NYC, and the Northwest so far this tour. The entire band has been nice per them- although DLR is not always staying with the band. My friends and I got to meet Alex and Wolfie after a recent West Coast show last week (both were very nice- posing with us and signing stuff, chatting)- here is what Alex signed for me- hopefully with some luck I can get EVH to sign some of this to complete them...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...202007/034.jpg

I asked Alex if he had any NAMM plans- he said he thinks they will be on tour then.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.18.13 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool!!..Keep em' comin'!!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

I met Sammy In 2002, at least I think it was then, it was right before the Roth/Hagar tour, it hadnt been "confirmed" yet, someone else asked him if they were gonna tour together and:: he said, yes we are!! When I got up to him, he had his hand out, shook my hand smiled and said, hey man cool shirt, I had in a Sammy cabo wabo shirt of course, lol, i laughed and said, thanks!! he signed my Sammy live album and i went on my merry way

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

My brother used to be the manager of the Harp in Boston. Before I went to see him, I joked that Gary Cherone was from Boston and that maybe he would come to the bar. My brother laughed me off as another Van Halen douchebag. Lo and behold, the day after Thanksgiving 2001, I was at the Harp and GC came in to watch a friend who was playing in the band at the Harp that night. Needless to say, my drunk ass told him that I appreciated what he brought to VH and that I would have liked to have seen a second album before passing judgement on his tenure. All he had to say was, "Thank you. It was a tough gig." No truer words my friends.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

Eruption
    Last Online

01.25.17 @ 04:18 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts

Default Seeing the band before the show

Whats the best way to see the band coming into the arena before the show ? How early do you need to be there ?

A couple of years ago I saw U2 in concert 5 times, then I saw some pictures of them entering MSG and regretted not trying to get down there and get a close up look at the band.

Would like to see if I can see VH coming into MSG or Providence.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

01.26.16 @ 10:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bret6262 View Post
    My friends have met the entire band in Philadelphia, NYC, and the Northwest so far this tour. The entire band has been nice per them- although DLR is not always staying with the band. My friends and I got to meet Alex and Wolfie after a recent West Coast show last week (both were very nice- posing with us and signing stuff, chatting)- here is what Alex signed for me- hopefully with some luck I can get EVH to sign some of this to complete them...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...202007/034.jpg

I asked Alex if he had any NAMM plans- he said he thinks they will be on tour then.

that is a bad ass pic
    Jomama

1984 - Dallas
    1987 - Dallas
    1992 - Dallas
    2008 - Jan 26
    2008 - April 24
    1987 DLR - Dallas

2006 Sammy - Dallas
    2007 Sammy - Dallas