Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

Default Was "Live Right here, Right now" ever on vinyl?

I've never seen "Live Right here, Right now" on vinyl. Was there a japanese release, and if so, how could I get it? I've never seen it on ebay either. "Balance" was released on vinyl, so there could've been limited prints on "LRHRN". Can anyone help me on this? I'm also looking for 1993 era posters, particurely the band shot in the albums sleeve centre spread.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dont disturb my Paradise View Post
    I've never seen "Live Right here, Right now" on vinyl. Was there a japanese release, and if so, how could I get it? I've never seen it on ebay either. "Balance" was released on vinyl, so there could've been limited prints on "LRHRN". Can anyone help me on this? I'm also looking for 1993 era posters, particurely the band shot in the albums sleeve centre spread.

In the U.S., No.Though, many people thought it did because when VH was doing the promo/press thing for it, they did a satellite TV interview with Tommy Nash live from 5150, and one of the items Tommy previewed and held up for everyone to see was the laserdisc version of "L:RHRN".

When he did this, he mentioned something to the effect of "And, for all the vinyl lovers out there, this will also be available in laserdisc in a vinyl-like gatefold". Now, those weren't his exact words, but I do remember him mentioning the word "vinyl" when he described it. And, because of that, throughout the years people have assumed it *was* available in vinyl format here in the U.S.

Now, I have heard and read that it was, but I believe those were European copies only. I'm just as much of a hardcore collector of Van Halen memorabilia, and that's the only piece of the Van Halen catalog I don't have on vinyl. I searched every known record dealer that advertised in Goldmine, a music collector's magazine I subscribed to for a number of years, during that time, and after, and never did find anyone who said it they had it in stock, or that it was available commercially in the U.S.

FYI, yes, "Balance" was issued on vinyl, and sold here in the U.S. for a limited time. And, "F.U.C.K." was also released on vinyl (I have it in my collection, complete with Sammy & Mike's signatures!) and released only overseas.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008