Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Default Yet Another Bonehead Attempts To Pass A 1 Million Dollar Bill...

What is it with these nitwits? For the second time in a few months, someone tries to pass a nonexistent form of currency.See related story here: http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/refr...et-t40701.html

Man with $1M bill busted at bank

Yup, looks legit to me...

1 hour, 37 minutes ago

AIKEN, S.C. - A bank teller had a million reasons to deny this transaction.

Police say a man tried to open an account with a $1 million bill, which does not exist. The teller refused and called police while the man started to curse at bank workers, said Aiken County Sheriff's spokesman Lt. Michael Frank.

Alexander D. Smith, 31, of Augusta, Ga., was charged with disorderly conduct and two counts of forgery, Frank said.

The second forgery charge came after investigators learned Smith bought several cartons of cigarettes from a nearby grocery store with a stolen check, Frank said.

Smith has a bail hearing scheduled Wednesday, but Deputy Angela Shunn of the Aiken County Detention Center did not know if he had an attorney. An off-hours call to the public defender's office went unanswered.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071128/...h880rHXAis0NUE
    Last edited by chefcraig; 11.28.07 at 08:10 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Looks like that million dollar bill has been through the laundry a few times. I hate it when that happens.

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

The thing that kills me about this one is the condition of the bill. Who would carry a $1,000,000 bill in their pocket, put it through the wash, let it get deteriorated, etc. I would have to imagine any bill of that size (even if there was such a thing) would be nice and crisp---from briefcase to briefcase.

The guy probably bleached a one dollar bill and then reprinted it--hence the horrible condition.

It could be worse, some clerk at a 7-eleven took an oversized, purple $100 bill and thought it was legitimate. I'm not sure who's more idiotic, the person who makes an oversized bill on purple paper and then thinks he can pass it off, or the clerk who thinks it's real.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:55 AM
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

i can only assume this guy is mentally ill. Did he honesly think there was any chance of the bank accepting it? Even if you go an idiot teller (decent chance there), for a 1 million dollar deposit to be accepted it would have to signed off by about 6 different levels of management.

Last Online

What kills me is this: Look carefully at the picture. You will notice that at one point in the story, somebody used one of those brown felt tipped pens to check the legitimacy of the bill!

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what IS the largest denomination out there these days?
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by darthadv View Post
    what IS the largest denomination out there these days?
    From the U.S. Treasury Website ( http://www.treasury.gov/education/fa...tions.shtml#q2 ):

The present denominations of our currency in production are $1, $2, 5$, $10, $20, $50 and $100. The purpose of the United States currency system is to serve the needs of the public and these denominations meet that goal. Neither the Department of the Treasury nor the Federal Reserve System has any plans to change the denominations in use today.

The largest denomination of currency ever printed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) was the $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. These notes were printed from December 18, 1934 through January 9, 1935 and were issued by the Treasurer of the United States to Federal Reserve Banks only against an equal amount of gold bullion held by the Treasury Department. The notes were used only for official transactions between Federal Reserve Banks and were not circulated among the general public.
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

I wonder if you could get $100,000 if you happened to find one of those....you know...in the couch at the treasury department.

That would be pretty sweet.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

What a dumbass.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    From the U.S. Treasury Website ( http://www.treasury.gov/education/fa...tions.shtml#q2 ):

The present denominations of our currency in production are $1, $2, 5$, $10, $20, $50 and $100. The purpose of the United States currency system is to serve the needs of the public and these denominations meet that goal. Neither the Department of the Treasury nor the Federal Reserve System has any plans to change the denominations in use today.

The largest denomination of currency ever printed by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) was the $100,000 Series 1934 Gold Certificate featuring the portrait of President Wilson. These notes were printed from December 18, 1934 through January 9, 1935 and were issued by the Treasurer of the United States to Federal Reserve Banks only against an equal amount of gold bullion held by the Treasury Department. The notes were used only for official transactions between Federal Reserve Banks and were not circulated among the general public.
    there's that scholar and a gentleman thing again!

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    there's that scholar and a gentleman thing again!
    I have a 2 dollar bill, does that make me queer?

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    I have a 2 dollar bill, does that make me queer?
    Nah, that refers to the old adage "phony as a 3 dollar bill".
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

What's funny is that people actually believed that this denomination even existed.

Whattan idiot.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

What a dumbass.
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    well, continuing to read on their faq's, i can almost see the possible confusion of the $1MM bill existing:

Did the Treasury Department ever produce a $1 million currency note? I have one that I want to know about.

We receive many inquiries asking if the Treasury Department ever produced a $1 million currency note. People have sent in copies of these notes. We have found that they are nonnegotiable platinum certificates known as a "One Million Dollar Special Issue." These notes were from a special limited copyrighted art series originally sold by a Canadian firm for $1.00 each as a collectible item. They are not official United States currency notes manufactured by our Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP). As such, they are not redeemable by the Department of the Treasury.

You may be interested to know that the BEP learned of these certificates in the spring of 1982. All related correspondence was forwarded to the United States Secret Service to decide if there were any violations of Federal currency laws. The Secret Service subsequently advised, however, that these certificates did not violate any United States law.
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...