F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Food Network pulling plug on 'Emeril Live'

This show was cool. I'm sorry to see it go.

Food Network pulling plug on 'Emeril Live'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Food Network is kicking Emeril Lagasse down a notch.
    Lagasse

The celebrity chef's "Emeril Live," which has been on the air for 10 years, will cease production December 11, Food Network publicist Carrie Welch told The Associated Press.

"However, Emeril is under contract with Food Network," Welch said Tuesday. "We love him, we support him and look forward to a long partnership with him."

Welch wouldn't comment on Lagasse's contract.

Asked why the show was canceled, she told the AP: "The only reason would be that it hit a ton of television milestones and, you know, all good things come to an end."

The Food Network will continue producing Lagasse's "The Essence of Emeril," and he will take part in "specials and other development opportunities in the future," Welch said.

The network will also air reruns of "Emeril Live."

"I am deeply appreciative to all the unbelievable staff -- many who have been with the show since the beginning -- and all the loyal viewers, and the many talented guests who have appeared on the show through the years," Lagasse, 48, said in a statement provided by Welch.

"I look forward to continuing my association with the Food Network with 'The Essence of Emeril,' and I have lots of new ideas cooking," he said.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

The writing was on the wall months ago when the show was bumped from it's 8PM time slot. If one's show is pre-empted by "Good Eats", then one is pretty much finished.

Realistically there wasn't much more ground for the show to cover. It revolutionized the way a cooking show could be actual entertainment in prime time, yet in truth it jumped the shark about a few years ago when they added the full band. The low key nature of the show went out the window, and it turned into shtick.

Yet it will live forever in reruns, and the Food Network (as well as every show and personality involved with it) owes Emeril a debt of thanks for single handedly keeping it on the air for years.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

you're damn right about that...Emeril singlehandedly created the network and the notion of celebrity chefs as they exist today...he's hardly my favourite to watch, but you gotta love him!

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The writing was on the wall months ago when the show was bumped from it's 8PM time slot. If one's show is pre-empted by "Good Eats", then one is pretty much finished.

Realistically there wasn't much more ground for the show to cover. It revolutionized the way a cooking show could be actual entertainment in prime time, yet in truth it jumped the shark about a few years ago when they added the full band. The low key nature of the show went out the window, and it turned into shtick.

Yet it will live forever in reruns, and the Food Network (as well as every show and personality involved with it) owes Emeril a debt of thanks for single handedly keeping it on the air for years.
    Well, they also had to make room for 5 more Rachel Ray shows and 5 more Paula Dean shows.

I'm sorry, I'd fuck Rachel Ray sideways, but she's there only because she's cute. Paula Dean was good when she first strted out, but lately she's just annoying as shit and on the verge of being disgusting anymore in her Emeril-style show too. SHe does NOT need to make vague sexual references to every recipe she makes. Bleh. It would be much better if Rachel did that instead.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Ya mean Im the FIRST to say....

"BAM!"

"Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyw View Post
    Well, they also had to make room for 5 more Rachel Ray shows and 5 more Paula Dean shows.

I'm sorry, I'd fuck Rachel Ray sideways, but she's there only because she's cute. Paula Dean was good when she first strted out, but lately she's just annoying as shit and on the verge of being disgusting anymore in her Emeril-style show too. SHe does NOT need to make vague sexual references to every recipe she makes. Bleh. It would be much better if Rachel did that instead.
    The only reason I bothered to find out who Rachel Ray was is because of the in-flight shows they do on Delta with her show seemingly following every movie. I saw her and said "hmmm, she's kinda cute", not really paying attention to what she was talking about. I've never been a fan of cooking shows but I know who Rachel Ray is.

As testament to Emeril's impact, I know who he is as well (if only as the guy who says "bam" a lot). Never watched his show but he must of been doing something worthwhile to gain mainstream recognition.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I thought the show got pulled a long time ago...we don't even get it up here on Food Network Canada....I haven't seen it in at least 2 years....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

As a chef for last 20 years, I am glad to see the show gone.....now if Emeril himself would just go away.....his cooking was one dimesional at best and in no way deserved the accolades that came his way....with the exception of a scant few, the whole notion of TV chef's piss me off......Emeril and the Food Network may have inspired alot of home cooks.....but at the same time it has "glamorized" the culinary industry and a shitload of idiots who enter and graduate from so-called culinary schools who have no clue to what it takes to be a true chef.......meaning hard work......these clowns thinks that all they need is a few signiture dishes and they are on they're way to the big time, when the really, they can barely use a knife.....there is a lack of true passion in the culinary world now.....and I hold no talent hacks-but camera friendly bozos like Emeril responsible.

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve mcqueen View Post
    As a chef for last 20 years, I am glad to see the show gone.....now if Emeril himself would just go away.....his cooking was one dimesional at best and in no way deserved the accolades that came his way....with the exception of a scant few, the whole notion of TV chef's piss me off......Emeril and the Food Network may have inspired alot of home cooks.....but at the same time it has "glamorized" the culinary industry and a shitload of idiots who enter and graduate from so-called culinary schools who have no clue to what it takes to be a true chef.......meaning hard work......these clowns thinks that all they need is a few signiture dishes and they are on they're way to the big time, when the really, they can barely use a knife.....there is a lack of true passion in the culinary world now.....and I hold no talent hacks-but camera friendly bozos like Emeril responsible.
    Explain one dimensional, Emeril cooked everything under the sun, love him or hate him, he was hardly one dimensional. If you want to rag on all the other so-called chef's go ahead. I work in the industry and actually got to meet him and watch him work up close and personal, he is the real fucking deal man! I have not seen another chef on the Food Network that i thought was worth a shit though.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:25 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Emeril was starting to get a little creepy doing the same routine every night.

10 years is a good run.

AHH! AH! AH!
    Last edited by Number 47; 12.02.07 at 08:01 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve mcqueen View Post
    I'm good friends with a chef and he says the same thing. He has a cap that is hanging in the bar of his restaurant that says "Emeril SUCKS!!".

True chefs and sous chefs work their asses off. Period.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    Explain one dimensional, Emeril cooked everything under the sun, love him or hate him, he was hardly one dimensional. If you want to rag on all the other so-called chef's go ahead. I work in the industry and actually got to meet him and watch him work up close and personal, he is the real fucking deal man! I have not seen another chef on the Food Network that i thought was worth a shit though.
    Emeril gained fame at a restaurant called Commanders Palace.....a straight forward creole cuisine restaurant.....this place was made famous by Chef Paul Prudomme.....Emeril just steered the ship without adding anything of substance to the menus......The Restaurant is owned by a family of restauranteurs named the Brennens who have tremendous influence in the New Orleans food scene......they helped him get investors and with the help of the local media garnered good reviews.

Before Emeril landed at Commanders Palace he bounced from restaurant to restaurant for years on the East Coast without distinction until he fell ass backward into Proudommes' shoes.....

His style of cooking is not his own.....he is still reaping the recipes that were handed to him in New Orleans......I have seen him up close as well....in fact I have worked with someone who was on his staff for his "Essence of Emeril" show......his culinary staff provide him with recipes and cooking methods (as with most cooking shows)......creatively, has does very little.....outside of his one dimesional.....add-butter-garlic-pork fat-creole seasoning-BAM-bullshit...

As a chef he was a one trick pony who got famous of someone else's style....

I have to ask you.....you work in the industry?......you can't be a chef....if you were, you would know he's a fraud......a "real deal" works in a kitchen.....not a TV show..... hawking crappyass pots and pans

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:25 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

I think the first time that I saw Emeril's mug on packages of pepperoni, hot dogs, etc. was when I started wishing he would just go away.

I'd never buy any of that shit just because it has his name on it.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

I prefer Guy Fieri (sp?). That Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives is good stuff.