Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    I am making the last minute trip.

Is it a pretty easy walk from the Red Roof Inn to the JPJ Arena?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...num=1&ct=image

here is the map, instead of going down Ivy you can walk up 29 (Emmet st) the arena is the corner of Emmet and Ivy and Massie , hope that makes sense. You'll definately see it.
    If you decide to drive over be sure to park legally, the university cops/ city of Cville are total dicks about towing and parking. If the weather is OK you should be fine, I'm usually up for the walk when we don't buy parking but I'm a princess when it comes to rain/sleet/snow and having to walk.

Hope this helps! Oh here's the address for JPJ *295 Massie Rd. Charlottesville, VA 22903*
    Last edited by EVHgirl in Va; 02.21.08 at 05:27 AM.

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am making the last minute trip.

Is it a pretty easy walk from the Red Roof Inn to the JPJ Arena?
    Not a bad walk at all, couple of miles at most, takes you by the University. The weather may not be too good though, might be all the more reason to walk instead of drive. Could be a potential mess with the combination of weather/people leaving work/people trying to get to the concert...

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va View Post
    Well, I'm trying to figure out how to get myself into JPJ pre show.... yes I am serious. My husband says if I get arrested he will not get me out!

I am friends with our wonderful police chief Mr Longo (I am an ACAC rat and we work out at the same time). I'm thinking if anyone can get me into JPJ he can - RIGHT????

In all seriousness, I wouldn't attack anyone, well, I'd try not to and I just want my Guitar World mag signed... that's not asking much is it? I was thinking I'll just stalk out, I mean, drive by JPJ to see the trucks and buses come in and maybe stand on top of my SUV to see them. I mean if I lightly tapped the bumper of the correct bus from behind I might get to meet someone??? Maybe a bad idea...

OK, just being silly, I think, depending on weather, we'll have drinks and dinner at home or hang out in the lot (I bought parking because I'm not risking trudging from Darden school all the way over in my pretty concert heels!)
    And the weather, as of 6pm, looks frightful for Friday. Hopefully that will change!
    All I can say is, GO FOR IT! Just don't get busted and lose your ticket!

Let us know how it turns out!

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A little FYI for those travelling to Charlottesville tomorrow.

If you've never been to our fair city.... then you don't know about the lovely traffic patterns we have. Around UVa traffic can be CRAZY! My husband is a doc there and has literally been blocked in trying to get to the hospital for an emergency or to deliver a baby. Ambulances have been stuck , sirens blaring, because one traffic stops there is no place to go. It just STOPS, period. All it takes is one fender tap and the university area shuts down. With the weather they have predicted for here tomorrow, 1-2 inches of snow with sleet & freezing rain as a topper (supposedly this will take place early in the day?), I would strongly encourage you to arrive WELL ahead of rush hour (remember the hospital shifts end at 3ish pm and then you have all the other UVa employees after that, then add the weather.) or at least give yourself lots of extra time. I'd be totally pissed if I missed one second of Ed opening up with You Really Got Me, it's a spine tingling experience, be in your seat!

I'm not trying to be a doomsdayer, but if I were driving here from someplace else and didn't know this, I'd prefer to at least be prepared. People in Cville drive horribly IMO, and I've lived in several places, these people are nuts especially when they think all the bread and milk will be wiped out and they'll starve to death.

Remember JPJ is dry, no booze, so BYOB to tailgate or find a place to eat and drink well beforehand. If you do not have parking be prepared for a bit of a walk, park legally!

Several years ago to Rolling Stones played at our football stadium and traffic was backed up so badly on I64 that they started closing traffic lanes , making everything one way into cville. This was well after the Stones started playing, so some ingenious person called in a bomb threat. It had the desired effect, concert stopped, delayed over and hour then people were let back in, concert resumed. Gave people extra time to get to the venue. Ity was not, however, fun if you already had your butt planted firmly in your seat

Hope this helps....
    Model Citizen, Zero Discipline

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

*Thanks SNIC for my AWESOME new avatar!*

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VH Wahoo View Post
    All I can say is, GO FOR IT! Just don't get busted and lose your ticket!

Let us know how it turns out!
    I'm on my way to the gym to try and find policeman Tim right now!

"***"...now please take off my VanHalen t-shirt, before you jinx the band and they break up..." (The wedding singer)"

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A little FYI for those travelling to Charlottesville tomorrow.

If you've never been to our fair city.... then you don't know about the lovely traffic patterns we have. Around UVa traffic can be CRAZY! My husband is a doc there and has literally been blocked in trying to get to the hospital for an emergency or to deliver a baby. Ambulances have been stuck , sirens blaring, because one traffic stops there is no place to go. It just STOPS, period. All it takes is one fender tap and the university area shuts down. With the weather they have predicted for here tomorrow, 1-2 inches of snow with sleet & freezing rain as a topper (supposedly this will take place early in the day?), I would strongly encourage you to arrive WELL ahead of rush hour (remember the hospital shifts end at 3ish pm and then you have all the other UVa employees after that, then add the weather.) or at least give yourself lots of extra time. I'd be totally pissed if I missed one second of Ed opening up with You Really Got Me, it's a spine tingling experience, be in your seat!

I'm not trying to be a doomsdayer, but if I were driving here from someplace else and didn't know this, I'd prefer to at least be prepared. People in Cville drive horribly IMO, and I've lived in several places, these people are nuts especially when they think all the bread and milk will be wiped out and they'll starve to death.

Remember JPJ is dry, no booze, so BYOB to tailgate or find a place to eat and drink well beforehand. If you do not have parking be prepared for a bit of a walk, park legally!

Several years ago to Rolling Stones played at our football stadium and traffic was backed up so badly on I64 that they started closing traffic lanes , making everything one way into cville. This was well after the Stones started playing, so some ingenious person called in a bomb threat. It had the desired effect, concert stopped, delayed over and hour then people were let back in, concert resumed. Gave people extra time to get to the venue. Ity was not, however, fun if you already had your butt planted firmly in your seat

Hope this helps....
    X 2!!!

Things could get really crazy tomorrow with the weather...and yep, people here lose their heads at the sight of the first snowflake! I grew up here, and still don't understand it!!!

Bottom line: everyone be safe tomorrow!

The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm on my way to the gym to try and find policeman Tim right now!
    Track him down!!!

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

01.28.20 @ 08:16 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...num=1&ct=image

here is the map, instead of going down Ivy you can walk up 29 (Emmet st) the arena is the corner of Emmet and Ivy and Massie , hope that makes sense. You'll definately see it.
    If you decide to drive over be sure to park legally, the university cops/ city of Cville are total dicks about towing and parking. If the weather is OK you should be fine, I'm usually up for the walk when we don't buy parking but I'm a princess when it comes to rain/sleet/snow and having to walk.

Hope this helps! Oh here's the address for JPJ *295 Massie Rd. Charlottesville, VA 22903*

Thanks for the info. The weather won't be great tommorrow. But it shouldn't prevent me from making the show.
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for the info. The weather won't be great tommorrow. But it shouldn't prevent me from making the show.

You can check out our local weather at
    www.nbc29.com

local radar ect...
    Careful on your drive....

Little Dreamer
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

02.11.12 @ 10:18 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Anybody got tix for tomorrow? I was gonna walk the lot, but weather being what it is, figured I'd ask here to. Can't wait, 3rd show this tour! How far is BW3 from the arena? We're staying at the omni.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar5150! View Post
    Anybody got tix for tomorrow? I was gonna walk the lot, but weather being what it is, figured I'd ask here to. Can't wait, 3rd show this tour! How far is BW3 from the arena? We're staying at the omni.

Well there are a set of TX for sale on the board at my gym, I'll be there tomorrow morning, if they are still available I'll post the # if you want, $100 each (2) face was 147.50 don't know anything other than that.

BTW plenty of places to "tailgate" on the downtown mall, tons of great eateries and drinkeries just in case you don't want to head over to BW3. That's a walk past the JPJ to get there.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I don't have my ticket yet. But I am coming alone. Will there be people outside of the arena selling tickets? (The box office still had decent seats available as of las night.) What is the best bar to go to before the show?

Little Dreamer
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

02.11.12 @ 10:18 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Sweet. I can't imagine that I won't be able to find tix tomorrow.

Runnin' With The Devil
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If you see a dude walking around in a Pittsburgh Steelers jacket fit for a homeless dude, it is me. Say hi. I might buy you a drink - bottom shelf, of course.

The Full Bug

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well a little freezing rain (schools are closed of course) but no real mess. The weather dude claims the temp won't get above freezing really, and there's more snow/ freezing mix on the way. I'll just wait and see, you never know around here.

We'll be going to Baja Bean on the corner (by the university, my husband will meet me there since he works at the hospital) for dinner tonight, a friend of ours owns it and they have great mexican, and awesome sangria.

Millmont Grill has a decent bar (behind barracks road shopping center) the downtown mall has Millers (cool local bar and bar food) Escafe (cool bar and eclectic food) Bluelight is a raw bar & with full menu and awsome bar , it's pricey. Zocolo's has bar food, little pricey as well.

Anyway, the roads look good around here so hopefully Ed won't have trouble getting here!