5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Default GAHHH!! ARE YOU SHITIN ME!

So where do I begin??

Tonight, me and my girlfriend saw beowulf and after i dropped her off at her house, i saw down the road that a cop had pulled someone over for somethin and i didnt really think anything of it until the cop started inchin closer and closer to me. ive been doin the speed limit the whole time. i dont drink or smoke so im quickly running out of ideas of what i could be doing wrong. so after a few lights, i look in my mirror and he turns on his red and blues. SHIT!! :

so we both pull over and he walks up to me and says "i pulled you over because your muffler was making an excessive amount of noise"

my response in my head:....WHAT THE FUCK!!!???

this state trooper pulls me over because the muffler on my jeep is making an excessive amount of noise!!!! I know hes just doin his job and i respect that but seriously, doesnt this guy have better things to do like make sure that there arent any drunk drivers on the road??? NO! He has to go and scare the shit outta me for something that is FUCKING LAME! Ive heard cars and trucks on the streets that are 5X louder than my jeeps muffler but do they get pulled over??? NO!

He then asks me if ive noticed anything wrong with my muffler in the past and im like "uhhh...no". The reason i havent noticed anything wrong with the muffler is because IM INSIDE THE FUCKIN JEEP 99% OF THE TIME! He then asks me to rev the engine and it sounds perfectly normal and he says "jeeps shouldnt sound like that"....! He then tells me that there is a code stating that vehicles cant exceed a certain amount of noise and at this point i just stoped listening to him cuz i just wanted to get on my way. After Ok'ing my liscense, he asks me where im headed and i say "home" and then he asks what else ive done tonight and i tell him "well i just dropped off my girlfriend because we just saw beowulf" and then he starts askin me where and how was it and at this point im irritated like you wouldnt believe. he then says "well alrighty then. when you get a chance, get your muffler looked at". we then go our seperate ways

i dont mean any disrespect to our law-enforcement but seriously....what gives? i know that your just doin your job but seriously....what the hell???
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Last Online

11.28.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My guess is he was looking for someone,
    and you fit the general description...

Those laws are rarely enforced, but are mostly used by cops as a 'safe'..

You can pull someone over and legally have your 'just cause',
    so your (and your dept's) ass is legally covered,
    in case they are the one you're looking for,
    or in case you 'notice' something else in the car...

(my pop was a cop)

As long as you're good to go, 9 times out of 10,
    you're let go with a warning, or a fix-it ticket at most..

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

My guess is he was looking to see if you had been drinking. A few years back I was headed home from my Moms, it was about 11:30 at night, I am going the speed limit minding my own business when I get pulled over. The Cop says that I was swerving in the road, I wasn't. He then asks me if I had been drinking, I informed him I had not had a drink in about 10 years. He then tells me that my license plate light is not working and the trailer hitch ball is restricting the view of my license plate. I kind of chuckled at the trailer hitch comment and said he would be writting tickets every block if that was enforced here in Enumclaw.

He let me go on my marry way. I phoned a cousin that is Sheriff the next day and said WTF!!?? He said he was fishing for a DUI, and that once he saw I was not drinking he had to come up with something so he used the license plate light and trailer hitch ball rule.

Bottom line is life goes on.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Yep, he was playing 20 random questions with you just to get you to talk so he could listen to your speech/catch you with a slur and grab a whole lot of money for the city/county.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Wow that sucks. Must've had a quota to meet for DUI checks. At least you didn't get a ticket for whatever else he might've thought of.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

I was pulled over in my GTO at 3:00 in the morning for stopping in a crosswalk. All the cop was doing was looking for a reason to pull me over so he could check for a DUI. Could be the same situation here.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yup...trolling.

and if its a Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0, it's probably not your muffler making noise, it's a cracked exhaust manifold. ask me how i know...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

they do this all the time, and in every city I would imagine. My favourite was one night on my way to rehearsal a cop who had been BEHIND ME for several blocks turned his lights and pulled me over as I made a legal right turn. I had not been speeding or anything. He came up to the window, flashed his mag light all over me and my buddy, didn't say much of anything, then barked out "license." I gave him it to him and asked what the problem was, he stormed off for a second, came back, and said "move along" and walked away. I shouted back at him, "why did you pull us over?!" and he shouts back, "your inspection sticker was expired." In texas our inspection stickers are on the FRONT windshield. No way he could have seen it from BEHIND us. At this, I just went nuts, and I shouted back at him "what did it just magically renew itself?! It's obviously NOT expired and you OBVIOUSLY didn't see it driving behind us?! Why did we just get pulled over? What are you looking for?" To that I got the stale "sir, just move along." Whatever...fucking dick. He's looking for someone, I fit the general description, god forbid he just be honest and say "we're looking for this, that or the other, it's just a routine check...we're just doing our job to keep this neighborhood safe." No, they make shit up, they put on their "i'm a cop and you're not attitude" and they can do or say whatever they want because they know they're the ones with the tazers, handcuffs and badge.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my truck and my car are registered at my dad's address across the state...i'm expecting for a "you're kind of far away from home, aintcha?" speech if i get pulled over in one of those.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

It coulda been worse. He could have tazed you real good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    they do this all the time, and in every city I would imagine. My favourite was one night on my way to rehearsal a cop who had been BEHIND ME for several blocks turned his lights and pulled me over as I made a legal right turn. I had not been speeding or anything. He came up to the window, flashed his mag light all over me and my buddy, didn't say much of anything, then barked out "license." I gave him it to him and asked what the problem was, he stormed off for a second, came back, and said "move along" and walked away. I shouted back at him, "why did you pull us over?!" and he shouts back, "your inspection sticker was expired." In texas our inspection stickers are on the FRONT windshield. No way he could have seen it from BEHIND us. At this, I just went nuts, and I shouted back at him "what did it just magically renew itself?! It's obviously NOT expired and you OBVIOUSLY didn't see it driving behind us?! Why did we just get pulled over? What are you looking for?" To that I got the stale "sir, just move along." Whatever...fucking dick. He's looking for someone, I fit the general description, god forbid he just be honest and say "we're looking for this, that or the other, it's just a routine check...we're just doing our job to keep this neighborhood safe." No, they make shit up, they put on their "i'm a cop and you're not attitude" and they can do or say whatever they want because they know they're the ones with the tazers, handcuffs and badge.
    Friend, you should stop talking that way to cops unless you really like sitting in jail with a headache.

Every few months, the cops work a busy street next to my neighborhood. It's a two-lane street with houses but people tend to drive 45 or 50 mph on it. So the cops hang out there for a week or so, "establish a police presence", and hand out speeding tickets.
    I've been pulled over a few times. Once the cop sees my address on my license and realizes that I live in the neighborhood he lets me go. But he still feels obligated to make up a reason why he pulled me over.

Don't read this.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Friend, you should stop talking that way to cops unless you really like sitting in jail with a headache.

Every few months, the cops work a busy street next to my neighborhood. It's a two-lane street with houses but people tend to drive 45 or 50 mph on it. So the cops hang out there for a week or so, "establish a police presence", and hand out speeding tickets.
    I've been pulled over a few times. Once the cop sees my address on my license and realizes that I live in the neighborhood he lets me go. But he still feels obligated to make up a reason why he pulled me over.
    yeah I know...i got away with one...that was years ago...i must have been only 20 or so...and given that it was around 11 pm on the bad side of downtown and my buddy was, like me, a long haired rock and roll guy, the cop could have made a lot of trouble for us but the way he treated us was so flippant and arrogant that it pushed my buttons. I've never had another situation like that again because with maturity and the very simple knowledge that they will taze anyone for anything, I've 1. learned to do everything possible to just not get pulled over, and 2. in the very rare instance that it has happened I have done my best at giving them their little moment. I dont' want to end up on youtube. And this is what's most sickening...that we have to kiss ass to keep from being tazed...I understand that it's a coin flip as to which cop will be pulling me over, the nice guy doing his gig or the freak whose fuse is about to blow and looking for someone to fuck over. It's a sad situation but it's a real situation.

by the way, in case there was any confusion, my inspection sticker was NOT expired. In fact, it had just been renewed and I had 11 months before it expired. THAT is what bothered me so much. That he told me my sticker was expired, had no way of even seeing it, and then barked at me to move on without giving me the common decency or respect owed to a fellow human being.
    Last edited by broken9500; 11.25.07 at 10:03 AM.

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

If the cop gives you a lame excuse, he didn't have probable cause to pull you over for a DUI check. So they will find something wrong on your car to "investigate."

In the last few years, here in the Quad Cities, people finally started rebel against this form of harrassment, which is legally what it is. Turst me, been on the other side. Now the city departments have to tell the truth why they pull you over. Since in-car video activates the second the emeergency lights are turned on and can't be turned off until the lights are de-activated. They CAN activate the tape manually, but have to activate and de-activate the lights to turn it off.

The thing I get a kick over is the "Excessive Noise Ordinances" in effect throughout the country. Basically it's to stop semi's using their jakebrakes in towns. But they'll allow the little goofballs and their "Tokyo Drift" coffee can exhaust/mufflers rice burnin' fart mobiles and Harleys with non-stock/modified mufflers to roar by unabated.

I had that problem in Dubuque, Iowa one night. There is a 6.5% grade down and up and down on US 61/151 thru town. I had my jake on to keep my speed under control and so I didn't smoke my brakes. I got stopped. During the stop a bunch of Harleys and a couple fart mobiles came by and I asked the cop why they weren't getting stopped? He said that the Harley is stock that way as are the fart mobiles. And jakebrakes are a vanity add-on to a semi. To which I literally laughed outloud at him. I told him he needs to go back to the academy. Remember, I was a reserve deputy at this time too.

The cop gave me this look of disbelief. I told him that Harley's come from the factory with the muffler baffled to make a low muffled rumble. And the fart mobiles are possibly the quietest cars produced. I got the ticket; got my court date and went on my way. When I went to court, I acted as my attorney. Brought in video evidence as to what a stock Harley was to sound like, as well as a stock fart mobile. I also proved that a jakebrake, while optional equipment, is a federally regulated and authorized piece of equipment to assist in bring a semi to a stop in a safe manner. Case dismissed. The ordinance was changed to allow for jakebraking in that section of road and on the other side of town when you come in to town on US 20.

Sometimes it helps to know more than the cops. And in this case, it helps to have been active in Law Enforcement AND know more than a full-time cop.
    Last edited by RRMB; 11.25.07 at 12:07 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Hey Thai,

He was just checking to see if you had been drinking without being obvious about it. Getting you to talk about your night and all. I've had cops do that to me too. Engaging you in small talk to study your eye movements and speech.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Friend, you should stop talking that way to cops unless you really like sitting in jail with a headache..
    I read that story and was thinking the same exact thing. Getting mouthy with cops is a great way to get a nightstick suppository.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!