Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:22 AM
    Liked 11,598 Times in 4,945 Posts

*** REVIEWS - Glendale, AZ - 11.23.07 ***

This thread is for reviews of this show only.

NO DEBATES, QUESTIONS, OR DISCUSSIONS SHOULD TAKE PLACE HERE!

Please use the venue threads for any discussion. These are for reviews only. Other posts will be deleted without warning.

Thank you!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Just got home. Guess I'm the first. Man, I had to leave early (before the encore) since we had to get our car out of valet by 11:00.

I hope I get to hit Vegas to finish the show. TOTALLY worth it. Was in section 113, didn't sit the whole time. I'll let someone else give the full review/set list/what everyone was wearing play by play. All I have to say is, yes, it was worth waiting 23 years.

I loved every minute of it. My wife, God love her, even had fun, and she's still more of a pop music fan. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about anything. I loved Little Guitars - Eddie seemed to be the happiest, bouncing around like he's never had so much fun. I even saw Alex smile a few times tonight.

I did the 5* experience twice in 2004. Wish to hell I had the dinero to do it again in 2007, but then again, I never thought I'd see what I saw tonight.

Thank God for Van Halen. Rock on.

And a Hey to Hausman. Nice meeting you and your crew. To your friend's question from Vegas - yeah, I know I said I wasn't going, but man, I'm totally reconsidering. Nice to see you in person, thanks for all the quality work over the years!!!!
    Nothing to see here.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow. flawless. tonight was probably the bands best show so far. no slip ups or anything. eddie is still sober, no doubt. he was on FIRE!!!!!!! dave was incredible, wolf amazed me, alex was alex. dave nailed every vocal, and eddie nailed the mean street intro. his guitar went out for a few seconds before Eruption, but very minor. his solo left my brain sitting in a pile of volume induced shit on the floor of suite 1239. my ears are ringing, my voice is gone and im riding the Van Halen high, baby!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

another thing, everyones been saying hot for teacher is too much for them to handle. wrong, they had it down perfect tonight!

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Incredible. That's all I can say. Great show. They were on fire tonight. Dave was engaging, funny, and owned the stage. Alex's drumming was impeccable. Ed play his guts out. And Wolf did a very impressive Job. and held his own tonight. Set List was the same.

Dave forgot the second half of the second verse to "so this is love" but, his recovery was hilarious as he screamed "I forgot the fucking words!! follow me to the chorus!" as he ran across stage. You really had to see the visual to see how funny it was.

Now Ed played lights out tonight although, his solo spot seemed a bit off. Not very crisp. Wolf has all the makings of a rock star. he's gotta drop 40 pounds and get some stage presence and he'll be doing this for another 40 years.

And, "I'll Wait" seemed about 5 beats per second too slow. But other than that, I don't think we could have expected more tonight that we got. Fan -Fucking - tastic.

Van Halen is back, and I hope they are here to stay for awhile.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

07.29.15 @ 10:57 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

What a show!

I've been following the reviews and listened to some boots of previous shows on this tour, and I honestly think this was their best one yet!

I sat in section BBB row 20, so I was close and center stage. The sound was perfect. Every instrument came in clearly and balanced, and the volume was at a great level. This is in contrast to 2004, where I was also close, but it was so loud that the sound was actually distorted coming out of the speakers.

Something interesting; It appears Eddie has changed where he stands on stage. He was almost in the middle of the stage now, just to Alex's left, and really close to the drums. He's usually much further left. Maybe this is why it seemed to sound so good. It's possible they've made changes and fixed the sound issues; Eddie also appeared to have something white in his right ear. Could be using an in ear monitor now.

As for the show itself, amazing. First, we got all of the between-song banter from all previous shows. The "shooby doo-wahs" in I'm The One, the motorcycle contest in Everybody Wants Some, Dave's Ice Cream Man story, the various alternate-songs (Magic Bus, Smoke on the Water, etc.), Dave's "I forgot the #$%ing words" (done during So This Is Love), and to my surprise, many mentions of Phoenix. As far as I'm aware, there hadn't been many mentions of the city in past shows, tho I could be wrong. The only thing I noticed that wasn't there were the chains during Unchained. I'll be curious to see if they come back in a future show.

Eddie played brilliantly. I've seen him in 98, 2004 and now, and in my opinion it was on par with 98. All of his riffs came in clear, and he stuck mainly to how they were originally played. There was occasional experimentation, but most of the time it was simple and worked fine. All of his solos sounded excellent.
    The only mistake I noticed was the timing during Panama, where it appeared they got lost for a second. No big deal.

Eddie's solo was also one of the best I've heard this tour. It was clean, organized, and fun to listen to. It consisted of:
    Women in Love Intro
    Part of Spanish Fly
    1st half of Eruption
    Cathedral
    Experimentation (no rolling around on his back!)
    more Eruption

Everyone seemed to truly enjoy being up there. Dave and Eddie had great chemistry, Alex was all smiles as always, and it's obvious that Eddie is living out his dream playing on stage with his son.

It also appeared that they used the stage's outer curve a little more. Dave came out 3 times, and Wolfgang also used it quite a few times. At the end he threw his sweat band out, which I caught, but a bigger Van Halen fan behind me really wanted it, so I let her have it. Had it been Dave or Eddie's, I'd probably have said no.

All in all this show was awesome.
    Last edited by JHawkZZ; 11.23.07 at 11:42 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Streets/Little Guitars/De
    Last Online

07.25.13 @ 09:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK I am a virgin to writting, am always reading these things so here goes.

Whether your a die hard like me or a casual fan, you will love the show. This is my 2nd of 5 this tour the first was in Chicago, and they were much better tonight, my wife who prefers Sammy way more said the concert in Chicago was the best concert she's ever been to. And tonight was even better. Roth put on a great show, his singing is somewhat limited to what he used to be able to do, but it was good enough to not really notice unless your being picky. I will say he was much better tonight as far as hitting notes, and he is fun to watch and on cue. Eddie was spectacular tonight, he was great in Chicago but definitely had it all going tonight. Yeah, he missed a cord here and there, but it is a live show, and he is in his 50's, I am not going to get carried away and say it was the best show he's ever done, I've seen him in early 90's and mid to late 80's, he's not going to out do a younger version of himself, but he's pretty damn close. I love the little extra's there doing with the songs, and the interaction although scripted, is fun and gennuine.

The very undrated Alex VH kicks ass, he IS just as good as he has always been. Wolfgang was fine and played well, there is no doubt about the enhanced back up vocals, and it deosn't matter in the least.

The thing is if you have never seen VH before you will be blown away as my brother in law from pheonix was tonight, if you've seen them 30+ times like me from a teenager to 40 something, you know its not the hey day, but it's pretty damn close and deosn't take away anything from the past.

I was a little bummed that Eddie is bak near the drum kit almost the entire show, something is up whether its for the sound, more interaction with Wolfgang or the chord, whatever it is he is further from the crowd, interacts less with the crowd and bassically stays in a little area with about a 10 foot radius. In Chicago he was in his traditional place on the left side of the stage, started his solo from the start of the ramp and was near the front of the stage the whole show, he spent more time on wolfgangs sid ehtan his normal side, he was either with wolfgang or in the center, whats up with that? does anyone know?

By the way, place was packed, seats came on line for the floor row 33 at 4 p.m. on ticketmaster, we ended up 15 row.

See you at Staples and twice at the pond in December.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

II, FW, OU812, club days
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo, Hear About it Later
    Last Online

08.08.15 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

I was there tonight and I just wanted to say that I was impressed with the sound quality...I had low expectations as my brother saw them in boston and siad the sound was muddy...but it sounded damn good
    Any musicians near Boston / Cape Cod want to get together and play some VH? I play drums, guitar, keyboard, bass, and I sing. I want to start a VH tribute band. Contact me if interested.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

02.15.11 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Didn't get home till almost 2:00 a.m. due to a three car fender bender that I was involved in on Bethany Home Rd. while trying to get on the 101.

Wide awake from gettin' rear-ended so thought I'd go ahead and post this now. Will leave all the technical stuff about how people were playing to those who know those things. Here's what I'll add:

Just a great show tonight, we had an awesome time!! First time seeing a Dave fronted Van Halen (first time seeing Dave period). I really, really enjoyed Dave. He is is so engaging. Also thought the crowd really appreciated all his mentions of Phoenix....

Thought Wolfgang did a fine job and as others have said, Ed just seems so, so happy being on stage with him. I will say that I miss Mike's stage presence and his vocals. Did it stop me from enjoying this show? No!

Alex was just solid and delivered a great drum solo.

Ed stood out the most for me tonight; he was smiling and jumping around all over the place. His playing was great. The last time I saw this band was the final night of the 2004 tour in Tucson. I will just say that, tonight, Eddie was a completely different person and leave it at that.............

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.24.07 @ 11:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The show was good, one of the better shows I have seen, but it could have been a little better. My wife an I were directly across from the stage in the upper deck area. The sound was not as loud as I had anticipated. I have been to louder concerts, even a louder VH concert. But saying that, the fact that it was not so loud was a plus because we could actually hear vocals. It is like they arranged the sound so you could hear Dave over the music, which is not how it used to be in years past. Going in my wife was expecting the worst, she is more into Country music. But on the way home she said it was actually a good concert. As far as myself, I am more critical and look for the little things. You could tell that the whole show was pretty scripted and they did not stray too far from the script. The energy was less than I expected but it was still good. I am thinking of the old Dave and Eddie running around a bit more and joking more. Now they play one song and bam! right into the next. It was like they couldn't get done with this concert fast enough and move onto the next one, like they had a time limit or something. The whole thing was right around 2 hrs, which actually is pretty good considering they didn't waste time with stupid banter. Dave seemed more intent on singing the songs correctly then goofing around which was a surprise since I have seen about 7 Van Halen, David Lee Roth concerts and always wished he would stick to singing and less goofing around. His voice actually was pretty close to the original sound off the albums. Wolfgang is coming out of his shell but I sure missed Mike. It would have probably been the best ever with Mike there. Like everyone else says, Alex was right on, but he pretty much always is. Eddie was right on also. People say he is slipping a bit, but how can he not play his own songs. He was pretty darn good and they enhanced a lot of the songs endings to snaz them up a bit.
    All in all a good show except I wish it was about a half hour longer and not as rushed.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

I\'m The One
    Last Online

05.01.13 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

First of four shows last night...AMAZING! I live in LA but was in AZ for the Thanksgiving holiday so I took the whole family. I was going to go to the first Staples show but decided not to so I could see my first show with the family.

Like a post above noted, Ed positioned himself just to the right (or stage left) of his brother and about two or three feet in front of the drum riser. His whole set-up is there as well as a personal monitor. I was sitting in Sec 109 right next to the stage on Ed's side. I also noticed he was wearing an in-ear monitor and was touching it a lot when he went off stage.

The band sounded great...

Ed for the most part was on! I only noticed a few things during his solo but for the most part Ed sounded very good! He doesn't have the "attack" he once had but I thoroughly enjoyed his performance last night. Lots of flying Eddie! It appeared he was drinking Gatorade, which was great to see!

Dave hasn't sounded this good in a long time and I've seen him almost every tour since 1986! This is something he's been waiting for for a long time and you can tell he's thoroughly enjoying himself! He was the Master of Ceremonies last night!

Wolf sounded great both on the bass and vocally. Being a die-hard fan I did miss Michael and couldn't help wonder how much more of a celebration this would have been if Michael were a part of this reunion. I'm still convinced there's some backing vocal assistance going on, whether it's taped or a harmonizer or whatever, they just sound too good. Ed in '04 sounded HORRIBLE on backing vocals and this almost sounds as good as the original recordings.

Alex was very strong and looked a little weathered. I took the bathroom break during his solo as I always have since back in the day, sorry Alex.

The band was all smiles! I was able to see them off stage and they were hugging and looked genuinely happy! Wolfy was actually jumping during Jump.

No surprises but was pleased to hear the Shooby Do Whop part in I'm The One! Didn't see the VH blimps.

After the show, I watched as they tore down Ed's guitar area just off stage and did see a rack Line 6 POD Amp Modeler, which I was surprised to see. I can't imagine what he uses it for.

Overall, great show!

Next shows... LA 12/14; Anaheim 12/18; Vegas 12/30

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

fuck me runnin

i just saw the best damn guitar player to ever walk the planet!

sorry i couldn't meet up with ya tim. forgot phoenix was an hour ahead of me. that westlake place or whatever it's called was packed. no way i could have found you. fun shit though for sure.

btw...wolfie is something special people.

i'll give a review later
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 973 Times in 390 Posts

the beginning of the show lacked it's usual punch imo. almost sounded like when the lights when out and ed started up, that he stopped and started over. it sounded like the sound cut out. anyone else catch that? the guitar wasn't loud enough for yrgm. wish ed's guitar was louder in the mix, at least from where i was sitting.

eddie can still play like no other, the guy has a passion unrivaled in rock n roll far as i'm concerned. i have never seen ed do that many jumps and kicks. he had to jump at least 30 fuckin times last night.

wolfie came out with some shades on...the kid is a fuckin badass. he's got chops. anyone who says otherwise is in denial or doesn't know what they're talking about. during romeo delight he and ed knelt down on stage and faced each other while ed ripped through the solo. they just fucking jammed! ed leaned over and kissed wolfie on the cheek after the solo. then wolf busted out his tapped harmonics part. the camera zoomed in on him and he tossed his pick to the crowd and the place loved it. wolf is definitely beginning to gain some showmanship. his vocals sound great.

awesome when they broke out some spoon by cream during sgmad. while they jammed dave said something to the effect of if ya can't find me a spoon, you better find me a mother fuckin doctor

he did the i forgot the fuckin words bit during beautiful girls, crowd loved that too.

pretty woman and i'll wait got very favorable responses from the crowd when the songs started. people love those tunes. i thought panama would have gotten a bigger ovation.

ed's solo was short, or so it seemed. his version of cathedral last night was fucking brilliant. i heard some dude behind me say, is that real?

dave was epic. he held the last note of little dreamer like u could not ever believe. and honestly, it was quite beautiful. at the end of little guitars, when ed is picking the outro and the band is quiet, dave stood behind ed and hugged ed around his chest and eddie just had this huge smile. these guys are genuinely happy on this tour, and it's obvious.

had to love the part in ews...after they do the motorcycle schtick, dave says...you know i used to drive a motorcycle, and i drove it right through (insert gals name here) fuckin front door to her room and told her...you know what i like? u know what i really, really, really like????

a classic night for sure. and alex, my god. can't say enough about the guy

i gotta catch another show!!!!
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

01.24.08 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default My Review

I am probably the worst critic but I'll give it a shot.

Stage - It just Fucking sucks. Its not Van Halen style. It looks like a Madonna stage. Its boring and well it sucks. Lights are not used so it leaves a little to be desired.

Sound - Best I have ever heard from them. I always felt they didnt invest as much into sound as they did to stage.

Set List - I think its great. A few songs could be removed or replaced because I dont feel they work.
    Hot for Teacher - I think is a wreck
    Mean Street - During the verses it lacked the groove that Mike and Ed produce. Could be an off night.
    Everybody Wants Some - I think Ed over plays the noises and then proceeds to play sloppy.
    Jamies Cryin - Never a good song live. It was ok but could go.
    Im the One - Need to slow this bad boy down.
    You Really Got Me - after this tour RIP please
    Somebody Get Me A Doctor - I thought it was sloppy also
    Unchained - Did Ed forget how to play the verses? Because what he plays sucks.
    Panama - Sloppy

Rest of songs ROCKED!

Heres whats missing - It was missing the spontaneity. Classic VH kept you on the edge of your seat. Dave and Eddie always kept you mesmerized waiting for something to happen. I miss that.
    Interaction with crowd. I felt that was missed. No one besides Wolfie even paid attention to the crowd. Between songs allow Dave to speak (not like the US Festival) and be Dave. Eddie ripped off the people on his side of the stage since he sets up in the middle to be closer to Wolfie. I felt bad for the right side of the stage crowd, they got ignored all night.

Dave - He sang his ass off. I have never heard him sound this good. I will he was freed to be more of a showman. I think he had to tame his act. I do not want drunk Dave but I love the HAM lol. The outfits gotta go. He dresses like he is on the love boat instead of leading Van Halen lol. Serious he needs to wear something rock but his outfit did match the stage and you know how I felt about that

Wolfie - For a 16 year old kid or any age did a fantastic job. Being friends with Ed, Al, and Mikey I was honestly expecting to be happy but sad Mikey was gone. Wolfie made me smile. He made me forget Mikey was not there. It was a pleasure to watch him. Now to him being 16, he got bored of the songs and did too many riffs and his bass sound sucks but give him time.
    I believe he is the buffer for Dave and Ed. Dave and Wolfie would talk quite a lot between and during songs.

Alex - He is always great. He has always be underrated. Dave and Al in the old days were the brains behind the band. His drum tone was great but the flanger during his solo has to go.
    For that matter all the solos suck.

Ed - I would say 8 out of 10. He play a lot of legato nowadays compared to when he was the picking king. He cheats on songs but over all he is a million times better than BOBW tour (I thought he was a joke then). It you want to make Ed better take away his pedal board. He relies on noises and tricks instead of his true skills which is playing guitar. Sorry to be harsh but knowing Ed and being a fellow guitar player I call it as I see it. I once told him I wish he would break his index finger and loose the Floyd Rose. He looked confused and asked why, I replied you couldnt tap or dive bomb to cheat. I told him that in the early days he used to let his pick and fingers do the talking but now he doesnt rely on them as much as he does noises. He didnt reply. He was smoking on stage which I thought he stopped. He still is the man and is the baddest mother fucker ever.

Overall - It was great to see Van Halen with Dave. I was smiling and having a great time. The set list is great but I think moving a few songs around will help. One minute they are rocking the house and then I'll Wait and it kills the momentum. If you are debating on going GO! you will be happy you did.

Now reality - considering these guys are closer to 60 years old and played the way they did I would give them a 10/10. Sometimes I forget I'm old and lost a step lol

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

06.23.12 @ 09:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My experience

First off let me say that I have been lurking here for as long as I can remember and don't really post. No need to get into a pissing contest with anyone but enjoy reading everybody else do so. I have enjoyed every incarnation of VH and I have been a fan since I was 10 back in '82 when I heard VH1 and Eruption. Suppose to see the '84 tour in Cleveland but unfortunately they sold out in about an hour before my uncles were able to get tickets. Very disappointed that I was never able to see Dave front VH. Seen every tour a couple of times each since 5150 tour and enjoyed each one in it's own way, even with Gary but not so much the Tucson shows in '04. So when this tour came about needless to say I was excited but a bit disappointed that Mike wasn't a part of it but I wasn't going to miss seeing Dave and Eddie share a stage together. To be honest, I like Mike and recognize his importance in the history of VH but I didn't go to all of those shows in the past to see Mike, it was to see Ed play.

When they announced this tour back in September, I told myself that I would do the 5* cuz I didn't know if this would be the only chance I would get to experience Dave and Ed on the same stage. I did the 5* in PHX in '04 also and I don't regret either one. They both had good points. I knew what I was getting when I payed for this and I got exactly what I paid for and enjoyed it to the max.

My gf and I showed up at the arena and went to the vip area and ate some finger food, loaded up on the free beer as much as we could in the 2-3 hrs that we had and did a little crowd-free shopping. I believe they are selling the better quality shirts now as they don't seem to be thin and flimsy. Anyway, did the backstage tour and talked to Wolfgang's tech as he showed us Ed's guitars and Wolfgangs's basses and Dave's acoustic guitars. Someone asked about the #4 on the black wolfgang that Ed used and he said that those were prototypes for the upcoming wolfgangs and Ed really liked the way that the #4 guitar played. In fact, the sunburst wolfgang that Ed is playing now is from the #4 prototype. He also said he didn't know who would be manufacturing the new wolfgangs or when they would be available so take that for what it is worth. Someone also mentioned in an earlier review that they thought Ed had an ear monitor in his ear but I believe that they were just foam earplugs as he had about 4-5 little baggies of foam earplugs next to his cigarettes and lighters and his gatorades in his little guitar area offstage. Also saw the little frankenstrat that Ed uses for Little Guitars and the little frankenstrat bass that Wolfgang uses for LG. He also said that Ed uses 2 new guitars for the ebay auction every show and that he is currently working on the ones he would be using on the next leg. He also mentioned that they are working on some new stuff and are itching to get back to the studio and put out some new stuff. We shall see but that would be awesome. Went back up after the tour and downed some more beer and actually won the pinup girl shirt in the raffle. Yea!

Went down to our seats and had front row, dead center in front of Dave. Actually talked to Dave's guy that hands him all of the props during the show as he stood in front of us the whole show. My thoughts on the show:

I thought it was a really good show. The setlist and everything else was pretty much the same as previous shows from what I have read except that Ed was setup in front of Al, just to Al's left and pretty much worked within a 15 ft. radius it seemed. I thought Dave was great and he couldn't stop smiling or couldn't keep his eyes off of this female all night to my right. He would go over to one of Al's bass drums that must have been fitted with a mini-refrigerator and was drinking red bulls all night out of it. I thought Wolfgang did a good job and it seems like he is loosening up and finding his stage presence. Al is solid and it's good to see him playing without a neck brace on. Ed is Ed. He's not what he has been over the years but considering what he has put himself through through the years, he still kicks ass. I thought his solo was great and after his solo he actually walked towards me and flicked his pick at me and somehow I was able to catch it. It figures that when I finally get one of his picks he's not using a signature pick on this tour. Oh well, it still fired me up. At the end of the show, Wolfgang flicked one of his picks my way and I whiffed and the chick next to me got it. The guys really seem to be happy and genuine towards each other. Ed and Dave shared some moments and Dave did a lot of talking to Wolfgang and vice versa throughout the show. I really believe that Wolfgang is the glue to holding this all together. I'm sure there is more I could add but my memory isn't quite as good as it use to be.

Overall, this was a great show and I'm glad that I did the 5*. Of all the VH shows that I have seen, this would rank right up there. 5150 tour still is my favorite for a couple of reasons. It was my first VH concert and I was able to get Eddie's autograph after the show but that's another story for another time. As for those that say that Ed missed this part of a song or that Dave didn't hit this note or that Wolfgang did this or that, it's a concert and I don't expect them to play each song perfect. If I wanted to hear perfection I would stay home, grab a couple of beers, put the cds in the stereo and turn the volume to 11 and close my eyes and pretend that I was at a concert. But if you want to hear some of the classic VH songs played and sung by the original vocalist and have a great time, then don't miss this show. It was a great show and a great time. I will be trying to catch it again sometime in the future.