Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Trooper Zaps Driver Over Speeding Ticket

SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities are speeding up their investigation of a state trooper who zapped a motorist with a Taser now that video of the traffic stop has been posted on YouTube, the Utah Highway Patrol said Wednesday.

The video, taken from Trooper John Gardner's patrol car, shows him drawing his Taser after Jared Massey refused to sign a speeding ticket Sept. 14 and walked away from the officer on U.S. 40 in eastern Utah.

A surprised Massey asks, "What the heck is wrong with you?"

Gardner fires, and Massey shrieks and falls.

"Face down! Face down! Put your hands behind your back!" Gardner orders.

A woman screaming hysterically emerges from the passenger side of the sport-utility vehicle Massey was driving, and the trooper tells her to get back inside "or you're going to jail, too."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:46 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities are speeding up their investigation of a state trooper who zapped a motorist with a Taser now that video of the traffic stop has been posted on YouTube, the Utah Highway Patrol said Wednesday.

The video, taken from Trooper John Gardner's patrol car, shows him drawing his Taser after Jared Massey refused to sign a speeding ticket Sept. 14 and walked away from the officer on U.S. 40 in eastern Utah.

A surprised Massey asks, "What the heck is wrong with you?"

Gardner fires, and Massey shrieks and falls.

"Face down! Face down! Put your hands behind your back!" Gardner orders.

A woman screaming hysterically emerges from the passenger side of the sport-utility vehicle Massey was driving, and the trooper tells her to get back inside "or you're going to jail, too."

there's someone who should never be allowed to work as a cop again and be thrown in jail for a little while. Shouldn't there be a mandatory IQ test that comes before giving someone a badge?

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

That was funny Chef!

I know here you don't have to sign the ticket. They just write on it that you refused to sign it. Well, they used to anyway. I haven't gotten a ticket in a really long time. LOL!!

TST<---------probably just jinxed myself-----damn!----------

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What an idiot. The guy is clearly going for something in his pocket. Even if it's not a weapon there's no way to know that. When the cop tells you to go on the ground, you go on the ground. DON'T START REACHING FOR SOMETHING IN YOUR POCKET.

For anyone who needs help, Chris Rock will explain it for you:

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

How the hell does something like that make it to Youtube? You'd think it would stay internal for many reasons. Either way, the cop is screwed.

But then, maybe I'm answering my own question.....maybe he's a prick all of the time and some people wanted to see him take the fall.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    What an idiot. The guy is clearly going for something in his pocket. Even if it's not a weapon there's no way to know that. When the cop tells you to go on the ground, you go on the ground. DON'T START REACHING FOR SOMETHING IN YOUR POCKET.

For anyone who needs help, Chris Rock will explain it for you:

that Chris Rock is friggin hilarious

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

looks like he was putting his keys in his pocket. Not that it matters. The cop is 100% wrong. He was acting like a cowboy and should soon be unemployed.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    looks like he was putting his keys in his pocket. Not that it matters. The cop is 100% wrong. He was acting like a cowboy and should soon be unemployed.
    He doesn't look like he's putting his keys in his pocket.

If a cop says get on the ground, you do it. Period.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

He doesn't look like he's putting his keys in his pocket.

If a cop says get on the ground, you do it. Period.
    i would have gone to the ground (actually I would have just signed the damn ticket ) but using the taser was completely unneeded. He's gonna get called on the carpet for this.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    i would have gone to the ground (actually I would have just signed the damn ticket ) but using the taser was completely unneeded. He's gonna get called on the carpet for this.
    I'm just sorry he didn't tase him a few more times.

People are so stupid. Cops tells you to do something, you do it. Don't argue with him, and act all shocked when you get your ass kicked.

If anyone has more videos of stupid people getting their asses kicked by cops please post them. I love seeing idiots own themselves at the end of a cops boot or nightstick, and yes even taser.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

I'm just sorry he didn't tase him a few more times.

People are so stupid. Cops tells you to do something, you do it. Don't argue with him, and act all shocked when you get your ass kicked.

If anyone has more videos of stupid people getting their asses kicked by cops please post them. I love seeing idiots own themselves at the end of a cops boot or nightstick, and yes even taser.
    you're terrible.

I'm probably a little sensitive on the taser issue since it's currently a huge story in Canada. A Polish immigrant (who didn't speak English) was tasered in the Vancouver airport and died. He was no threat, just cops being acting like cowboys much like we see here.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like any populations, there are good folks as well assholes. I learned the hard way (i.e. jail time) in my wayward youth that anything less than total submission and respect can = bad things when dealing with "Johnny Law".

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Sorry gang, been on the other side of things. This guy was exercising his rights by asking what it was he did to be written a ticket for. The cop refused to tell him. By law, an officer has to reveal the charges at the time of arrest/citation issuance.

From what I saw in the video, the indication to me is that he had, at best, something flimsy that would get thrown out of court and just didn't want to deal with it.

The guy was well with in his rights under The Bill of Rights to refuse to sign the ticket until he was told of the charges against him.

The lady that comes screaming out of the car is the guys wife...VERY PREGNANT wife. As any father here will know, it doesn't take but a mere *hint* of stress in the air to get a prenant woman worked in to a tizzy. Shit like this can cause premature labor.

The asshat trooper needs to go through tazer training again, REPEATEDLY; until he understands that it's not a toy to play with. Then after he's been reminded of what it feels like.

THEN.............................................. .................................................. ...............................FIRE HIS ASS!
    Last edited by RRMB; 11.23.07 at 01:32 PM.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Sorry gang, been on the other side of things. This guy was exercising his rights by asking what it was he did to be written a ticket for. The cop refused to tell him. By law, an officer has to reveal the charges at the time of arrest/citation issuance.

From what I saw in the video, the indication to me is that he had, at best, something flimsy that would get thrown out of court and just didn't want to deal with it.

The guy was well with in his rights under The Bill of Rights to refuse to sign the ticket until he was told of the charges against him.

The lady that comes screaming out of the car is the guys wife...VERY PREGNANT wife. As any father here will know, it doesn't take but a mere *hint* of stress in the air to get a prenant woman worked in to a tizzy. Shit like this can cause premature labor.

The asshat trooper needs to go through tazer training again, REPEATEDLY; until he understands that it's not a toy to play with. Then after he's been reminded of what it feels like.

THEN.............................................. .................................................. ...............................FIRE HIS ASS!

Exactly. If this wanker-cop is not fired/sued/jailed for what he did, it is pretty obvious what kind of world we are living in.
    The police do not write the law. They are there to enforce it. Unfortunately, due to bad pay and conditions, very few actually want to become policemen. The result being fuckmook ego-maniacs like this being given weapons and power.
    The cop is basically an insecure little prick who needs a lesson taught to him.
    It is the absolute right of any citizen of a "civilised" country to be able to question. If this is not allowed, a police state is very close behind.
    For those who say, yep, lie down......when you're lying down don't blame anyone but yourself for letting it happen when it comes.

(I know I said in another thread about knowing the law in your own country and living within it's confines, even if you don't agree with it, but this is not the case here. Bottom line is, a man exercised his rights and was assaulted in the process. The law was broken. One man (maybe) drove too fast....wow. Another man used a potentially fatal weapon to attack a man who obviously was posing no threat whatsoever.)

Some people just should not get jobs like this.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/