Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

05.03.08 @ 09:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Why was the crowd actually jumping in 98?

Came across this video and noticed the crowd participation was outstanding. I have been watching the current tour and the excitement and involvement of the crowd is just not the same. By the way, Ed really plays the solo nicely!!! See what you think:

Last edited by c2dzmm; 11.20.07 at 09:36 PM.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.21.08 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's cuz it's a European Festival. Hate to say it but Europeans know how to have more fun (sure I'm inviting scorn from the Freedom Fries crowd) but if you've ever spent a considerable amount of time in Europe you'll agree. There's also a lot of love for our boys over there.

The crowd's also younger. From what I've heard, it's a little semi-baby boomer at the show's lately.

Can't wait till SJ 12/16.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually that may be Canada. But argument could skew in the same direction, 80 percent.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 183 Times in 80 Posts

That's the best I've heard Cherone sing "Jump"...other than messing up some words...and Eddie is incredible. I'm SO PISSED I got into Van Halen right after they came to my area in '98. Would've loved to see EVH at the top of his game. I also really enjoy the "3" songs live. They work a lot better with the band playing them instead of just Eddie...haha.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw that tour in 98 at the Gorge and it was my second show (RHRH tour in Charlotte - which wasn't that good. LWAN was the VHS tape I wore out and became gold standard) seeing VH. I loved it. They were so on. I started listening to VH in High School in the 80s during the Sammy years but started on DLR VH. Hearing Eddie TEAR up Mean Street live was ridiculous. He was so on his game. I think after all the fans dismissed VHIII that was a huge blow to Eddie creatively, and he hasn't recovered since...but that's another topic entirely.

Gary was whatever, but the band smoked. Cant wait to see the new incarnation.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

I WAS THERE!!!!!
    That footage is from Nürnberg, Germany. The "Rock Im Park" Festival. It was a 3 day festival (like the US Festival) and VH was playing before OZZY and Rammstein but they didn't exactly open for them. Anyway, I think the biggest different is that, we have no "seatings" here in Europe except for the ranks, but in front of the stage there are no seats, so first come first serve, which means that (other than in the US) the biggest fans are nearby the stage and not the people who are paying the most but then wouldn't be that much into it.
    I think that drinking all day German beer didn't really calm us down either. And what a person already said is also true. People at festivals (especially if those are 3 days long and you have to camp) are always pretty young are doing nothing than drinking beer all day (have i mentioned that already?) and are partying the best they can.

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Everyone had to take a piss and they were holding it in.
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.21.07 @ 12:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They were hoping the vibrations would make Gary fall off the stage.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.19.08 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tease View Post
    I WAS THERE!!!!!
    That footage is from Nürnberg, Germany. The "Rock Im Park" Festival. It was a 3 day festival (like the US Festival) and VH was playing before OZZY and Rammstein but they didn't exactly open for them. Anyway, I think the biggest different is that, we have no "seatings" here in Europe except for the ranks, but in front of the stage there are no seats, so first come first serve, which means that (other than in the US) the biggest fans are nearby the stage and not the people who are paying the most but then wouldn't be that much into it.
    I think that drinking all day German beer didn't really calm us down either. And what a person already said is also true. People at festivals (especially if those are 3 days long and you have to camp) are always pretty young are doing nothing than drinking beer all day (have i mentioned that already?) and are partying the best they can.

Germany? German Beer? German Women? No Seats? First come first serve?
    Sheeyat partner, book me a room next time, that sounds like a fucking party a middle aged vh fan could shake his head to!
    Be glad you don't live here and like a good party at a concert.

Favorite VH Album

VH, Fair Warning, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:44 AM
    Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tease View Post
    I WAS THERE!!!!!
    I think that sums it up pretty well.
    BTW I saw the boys on the twin festival "Rock am Ring" that same year!
    The only thing I was pretty pissed about was when afterwards MTV only aired "Jump", although they usually show the complete perfomance of major acts from that festival. But that's MTV - what am I complaining about?
    Last edited by padraig5150; 11.21.07 at 05:56 AM.

Romeo Delight tequilahotsauceandvh's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feelin'
    Last Online

07.29.08 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The band sounds great, but Gary just has an awkward stage presence. Eddie was dead on and you can really hear how MA gave the backing vocals that "pop" that they are missing without him.
    "Ah ma...you know I'm not like other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose!"

Lancashire(Preston and Manchester), England...the ORIGINAL, NOT 'New England'
    Favorite VH Album

VH 3 and 5150
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This performance is one of the key weapons in the armoury of any '3 Brigade' member, and has always been the performance I think of when I think of Van Halen 3. The energy coming out of this performance is unmatched. The band sound amazing. The future was bright.
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!

YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That would have been awesome if Roth joined the band during the VHIII era. Gary was just a little to weird for me.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is Gary Cherone at his weirdest:

Last Online

10.09.15 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

that video is just...wow....if there are any doubts as to garys sexuallity that little speach from 0:20~0:30 clears it up...

"out of the seven threads he's started here, four have been closed for being cluelessly ponderous as well as outright insipid"
    -chefcraig on me