Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default CNN - Clinton News Network

Funny how this story OR anything for that matter that is negative towards Hellary makes it to their website or on their broadcasts.

How can this network be taken seriously at all anymore?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312245,00.html

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Are you For, or Against Hillary?

The tone of your post makes you appear to defend her while claiming FOX of being negatively biased, yet you type her name out as Hellary, as if you don't like her, thus you'd be on FOX's side of the fence...

http://search2.foxnews.com/search?ie...lm=fnc&random=
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by 8amtill606 View Post
    Funny how this story OR anything for that matter that is negative towards Hellary makes it to their website or on their broadcasts.

How can this network be taken seriously at all anymore?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312245,00.html
    Gotta love the irony of citing a Fox News article to suggest that another network should not be taken seriously.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Are you For, or Against Hillary?

The tone of your post makes you appear to defend her while claiming FOX of being negatively biased, yet you type her name out as Hellary, as if you don't like her, thus you'd be on FOX's side of the fence...

http://search2.foxnews.com/search?ie...lm=fnc&random=
    I see your confusion - I apologize. I failed to include the word 'never' as in:

Funny how this story, OR anything for that matter that is negative towards Hellary, NEVER makes it to their website or on their broadcasts.

I am anti - HRC. I find it incredible the strides that this news organization (amongst others) will go to to manufacture her character and campaign perfromance to ensure a victory.

Thanks for asking for the clarification.

(I don't have an EDIT button on my screen for some reason unless I'm missing it.)

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I am anti - HRC.
    You don't say.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Gotta love the irony of citing a Fox News article to suggest that another network should not be taken seriously.
    They're simply reporting the results of an ABC poll -

and that makes it less credible why?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

This doesn't really have anything to do with Hillary, but what is their fascination with Rudy Gulianni and John McCain? Mitt Romney is the front runner in all of the primary states at the moment, and everytime they mention the polls, they immediately start talking about Rudy Gulianni. Then they talk about John McCain. Then they change the subject. I NEVER see any coverage for Romney. That being said, I only get to see it a few minutes everyday when I take my break at work (it's on in the break room).

I'm not certain who I'm going to vote for yet, but it still hacks me off they seem to have a clear bias and want to see Rudi vs. Hillary.

I agree with whoever posted above that citing something from Fox News is starting to be like citing from the RNC. I'm even a republican and I can't stand watching them. There isn't an unbiased news source left.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning=Dave 5150=Sammy
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained or Summer Nights
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 04:17 AM
    Liked 65 Times in 41 Posts

What hacks me is that Ron Paul has won a ton of straw polls and the man still does not get very much coverage. He is winning each one or in the top four.

They have been forced to cover him because he had the largest single day of online contributions EVER. But he still did not make the nightly news.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

I agree. While I don't really think he's the best man for the job, I have seen more grassroots for him than anyone. I've gotten something handed to me twice and driven under an overpass numerous times with different Ron Paul 08 signs. He still seems to be very low in the polls which I find strange given the contributions he's gotten and the vocal support he seems to have.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

do we really need another thread devoted to people's perception of bias found on Fox News and CNN complete with all the requisite cliche's like the "clinton news network" and all the others that are sure to arrive?

These threads always end up being nothing but a collection of pseudo-intellectual, under-informed, regurgitated talking points and there's already about 10 other threads devoted to the election, clinton sucking, rudy sucking, obama sucking, the fringe guys sucking and plenty of other threads devoted to all those people being awesome.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    do we really need another thread devoted to people's perception of bias found on Fox News and CNN complete with all the requisite cliche's like the "clinton news network" and all the others that are sure to arrive?

These threads always end up being nothing but a collection of pseudo-intellectual, under-informed, regurgitated talking points and there's already about 10 other threads devoted to the election, clinton sucking, rudy sucking, obama sucking, the fringe guys sucking and plenty of other threads devoted to all those people being awesome.
    When news orgs blatantly misrepresent information, stage 'independent voters, avoid having candidates answer serious questions, cover lies or flip-flops - on either side - to manipulate the people's perspectives and affect elections, I personally think that is worth debating. It sounds like most of us in here know that it happens - the questions is - how long are we as American citizens going to allow the media to control our perception and how we see the world. I had a grandmother - God rest her soul - who believed everything that the news told her. Maybe discussion of the obvious will spread and help.

The beauty of America is freedom. If you don't like or want to participate in a particular discussion, you don't have to.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

It could be worse broken9500, we could be debating whether Van Halen was better with Sam or Dave.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When news orgs blatantly misrepresent information, stage 'independent voters, avoid having candidates answer serious questions, cover lies or flip-flops - on either side - to manipulate the people's perspectives and affect elections, I personally think that is worth debating. It sounds like most of us in here know that it happens - the questions is - how long are we as American citizens going to allow the media to control our perception and how we see the world. I had a grandmother - God rest her soul - who believed everything that the news told her. Maybe discussion of the obvious will spread and help.

The beauty of America is freedom. If you don't like or want to participate in a particular discussion, you don't have to.

well...judging by history, United States citizens will continue to believe everything they hear, be it told to them by Rush, CNN, Air America or whatever other outlet they decide to trust. there is no such thing as unbiased news reporting because every news outlet is simply a front for a given political movement. Everyone that says they hate CNN or Fox seems to be blindly devoted to another outlet that is no better. If you want to change things, it's as simple as putting together the next revolution because politics in the United States is just another reality show...we have all these retarded characters to choose from, it goes on for way to long, little by little they all get voted off the island or out of the house and then there's one retarded character standing until the next season when it starts all over again.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    well...judging by history, United States citizens will continue to believe everything they hear, be it told to them by Rush, CNN, Air America or whatever other outlet they decide to trust. there is no such thing as unbiased news reporting because every news outlet is simply a front for a given political movement. Everyone that says they hate CNN or Fox seems to be blindly devoted to another outlet that is no better. If you want to change things, it's as simple as putting together the next revolution because politics in the United States is just another reality show...we have all these retarded characters to choose from, it goes on for way to long, little by little they all get voted off the island or out of the house and then there's one retarded character standing until the next season when it starts all over again.
    Very well stated. I don't watch reality shows either.

I watched the Democrat debates last week though because, contrary to what others may believe, I want a clear picture of what each side is about. The thing was a total joke. It turned into a Bill Maher type crowd whooping and hollering designed to prop up Hellary. But in my estimation the winner in that debate was Joe Biden. The guy is clearly the most qualified of all of them to be nominted. I don't agree with him on every issue, but he is brutally honest, knows how Washington works, and posseses alot of knowledge of the law and of the Constitution. And he is very clear about what he believes. Here is what is unfortunate. As I said, even though I don't agree with him on all issues, I would be OK with him as President (if the Repub lost) just because of his clear qualifications to be President. Just one problem - CNN nor the Clinton's will allow it. And why won't the Democrats go on Fox for a debate? - the Repubs go to CNN...

CNN manufacturing Hellary's image is designed to put her ahead and get her into the general. Nothing could be worse for you Democrats IMO. Not one of the candidates is more distrusted than her and when it comes down to it - in a fair political process - she loses from that alone. But because they know this, it won't be a fair political process and this is why CNN is enabling Hell's image by manufacturing good news and hiding the bad news.

I'm not going to let the Republican's off here either. Is FOX bias? - Perhaps to a degree. Polling shows that there is a direct realtionship between party affiliation and belief that there is bias by one or the other. In other words, most Dems think CNN is fair and unbiased and most Repubs think Fox is fair and unbiased. I do beleive that you get to see me more balanced debate from the two sides on most of their programming. So - my opinion is watch both and then make your decisions. Political analysis is really not all that complicated when you have the abilty to listen to something in its entirety, set aside the BS, and place it in the context in which it is said. There are plenty of outlets to hear what people really say and do, so go look it up if to help with a view point.

If Fox is going to prop up Rudy, which I don't see yet as the Repub race is not being covered all that much by anyone, then they will have to take their lumps as well. Is he the most qualified? I'm not totally sold at all - I still think Hunter and Thompson or more qualified - but I haven't heard enough yet. I will state this though. I think it is an exteremely bad idea at this point to place Rudy on any pedistals as the front-runner because I think he is in real danger of an investigation relating to the Bernard Kerrick case. Someone is sitting on that case right now waiting for the right opportunity to bring it out. If it is after the nomination, he is screwed. Anyone remember Mark Foley and how the Dems sat on the allegations of his behavior until just the right time???

The 'revolution' will only happen when something really bad happens as a result of media manipulation. How that revolution takes place - who the hell knows... but I would love to hear ideas!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Very well stated. I don't watch reality shows either.

I watched the Democrat debates last week though because, contrary to what others may believe, I want a clear picture of what each side is about. The thing was a total joke. It turned into a Bill Maher type crowd whooping and hollering designed to prop up Hellary. But in my estimation the winner in that debate was Joe Biden. The guy is clearly the most qualified of all of them to be nominted. I don't agree with him on every issue, but he is brutally honest, knows how Washington works, and posseses alot of knowledge of the law and of the Constitution. And he is very clear about what he believes. Here is what is unfortunate. As I said, even though I don't agree with him on all issues, I would be OK with him as President (if the Repub lost) just because of his clear qualifications to be President. Just one problem - CNN nor the Clinton's will allow it. And why won't the Democrats go on Fox for a debate? - the Repubs go to CNN...

CNN manufacturing Hellary's image is designed to put her ahead and get her into the general. Nothing could be worse for you Democrats IMO. Not one of the candidates is more distrusted than her and when it comes down to it - in a fair political process - she loses from that alone. But because they know this, it won't be a fair political process and this is why CNN is enabling Hell's image by manufacturing good news and hiding the bad news.

I'm not going to let the Republican's off here either. Is FOX bias? - Perhaps to a degree. Polling shows that there is a direct realtionship between party affiliation and belief that there is bias by one or the other. In other words, most Dems think CNN is fair and unbiased and most Repubs think Fox is fair and unbiased. I do beleive that you get to see me more balanced debate from the two sides on most of their programming. So - my opinion is watch both and then make your decisions. Political analysis is really not all that complicated when you have the abilty to listen to something in its entirety, set aside the BS, and place it in the context in which it is said. There are plenty of outlets to hear what people really say and do, so go look it up if to help with a view point.

If Fox is going to prop up Rudy, which I don't see yet as the Repub race is not being covered all that much by anyone, then they will have to take their lumps as well. Is he the most qualified? I'm not totally sold at all - I still think Hunter and Thompson or more qualified - but I haven't heard enough yet. I will state this though. I think it is an exteremely bad idea at this point to place Rudy on any pedistals as the front-runner because I think he is in real danger of an investigation relating to the Bernard Kerrick case. Someone is sitting on that case right now waiting for the right opportunity to bring it out. If it is after the nomination, he is screwed. Anyone remember Mark Foley and how the Dems sat on the allegations of his behavior until just the right time???

The 'revolution' will only happen when something really bad happens as a result of media manipulation. How that revolution takes place - who the hell knows... but I would love to hear ideas!
    I'm not a democrat. I'm also not a republican for that matter. Clinton's PR machine is no less nasty or illy motivated than Rudy's or any other candidate in any other race. GW had one of the most effective PR campaigns ever leading up to his initial ellection. That "compassionate conservative" phrase was golden. But that's what I'm talking about, the political system as it exists has nothing to do with running the country and everything to do with making people feel like they have a hand in shaping the system and giving various demographic groups someone to route for. We debates are meaningless and elections just as...all the process does is give us all a naive belief that "we the people" means something.

As for what the revolution will look like...history has shown us what they look like. It's just a matter of when it will take place and whether what takes over will be any better than what we have now.