Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

05.03.08 @ 09:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Anybody putting insulating sound material on the walls of your jam room?

I am interested in installing some insulating material on the walls of my jam room.
    Anybody tried this with results to share?

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.02.15 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I'm about to do the same in the next few months. I'll tell ya how it comes out
    \m/ Roll Tide \m/

Check out my MUSIC

"To not be heard is to not exist"

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Here's a couple of links to where we were recently discussing some soundproofing methods here at the links. Hope this helps ya out.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/soun...ce-t38668.html

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/what...zz-t36779.html
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

my cousin did an outdoor shed and plays the drums in there and you cant hardly hear it at all outside, so i say i works well
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here's what i did to my room in the basement. the room is 17x35 and studded all the way around with 2x6. it wasnt tell after that i found using 2x6 for the base plate and top plate and then 2x4's alternated is best. anyways in the wall is r-19 insulation and a layer of the foam sheets around r-9. then the walls have a very thin drywall and then car siding. sound panels suround the room at the wall and cieling joint. the cieling has the same foam and insulation with sheet rock and then drywall. hope this helsp you out some. i couldnt afford to do alot of the really good stuff but this worked out great. i have 3 cabs in my setup and after i got them miked up i put mover blankets over them and that helped alot to.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KRAMER5150 View Post
    my cousin did an outdoor shed and plays the drums in there and you cant hardly hear it at all outside, so i say i works well
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Alexander View Post
    here's what i did to my room in the basement. the room is 17x35 and studded all the way around with 2x6. it wasnt tell after that i found using 2x6 for the base plate and top plate and then 2x4's alternated is best. anyways in the wall is r-19 insulation and a layer of the foam sheets around r-9. then the walls have a very thin drywall and then car siding. sound panels suround the room at the wall and cieling joint. the cieling has the same foam and insulation with sheet rock and then drywall. hope this helsp you out some. i couldnt afford to do alot of the really good stuff but this worked out great. i have 3 cabs in my setup and after i got them miked up i put mover blankets over them and that helped alot to.
    An outdoor shed - that totally helps that it's separated from the main house and you can configure it as you wish. I'd love to do something like you guys have done, but I don't have a basement, an outside shed, or the money to spend on soundproofing.

I know this thread started on insulating, but keeping sound out rather than padding or dampening/insulating would be more what I'm interested in (i.e. neighbors). A lot of feedback I've read to points out its expensive as fuck to soundproof - not too bad to insulate, or dampen, etc.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Here's a couple of links to where we were recently discussing some soundproofing methods here at the links. Hope this helps ya out.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/soun...ce-t38668.html
    Yeah, that first thread is mine from this summer. If you're not going the room-within-a-room route, which is the best but not what I did either, I would suggest cheap foam mattress pads. We got them at Target and covered 150 square feet for about $100, which worked great. Then we sheetrocked over them with 1.25 inch and now the sound inside is crisp and clear, we don't have to turn up as much to hear ourselves and each other; and you can hear very little outside the house. If you're 15 feet away you can hear almost nothing.

The sheetrock had the added benefit of being able to maintain the finished basement, because we taped/spackled and painted over it. Good luck, whatever you choose!
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox