Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Police Charge 3 Boys, Ages 8 and 9, With Rape

ACWORTH, Ga. — Three boys ages 8 and 9 are under arrest for allegedly raping an 11-year-old girl in the woods near an apartment complex, police say.

The girl's mother reported the alleged rape Sunday, leading authorities to charge the boys with rape, kidnapping and false imprisonment charges.

The victim alleges that she was playing with the boys in the yard when they took her into the woods against her will and one of the boys raped her, said Acworth police Capt. Wayne Dennard.

"The juvenile victim stated that an 8-year-old boy and two 9-year-old boys that she had been playing with earlier pulled her into a wooded area, where one of the boys raped her," Dennard said.

The boys' names were being withheld because of their age.

Prosecutors have not decided whether to try the suspects as adults.

"That decision hasn't been made," said Kathy Watkins, a spokeswoman for the Cobb County District Attorney's office. She had no further comment.

Calls to the Acworth Police Department were not returned Monday morning.

Acworth is 30 miles northwest of Atlanta in the city's fast-growing outer suburbs.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:24 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

"What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

This is all kinds of messed up!

If they did it, then they absolutely deserved to be punished. But how do you try a 9 year old as an adult? How is that even on the table? Obviously they have more coming than a timeout or being grounded, but being tried as an adult?
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KleeHee View Post
    If they did it, then they absolutely deserved to be punished. But how do you try a 9 year old as an adult? How is that even on the table? Obviously they have more coming than a timeout or being grounded, but being tried as an adult?
    Why not? A young girl was taken against her will by three attackers and violated. She will be traumatised for the rest of her life and most likely will need counseling for years.
    What difference does it make how old the rapist is? What should happen, should they be set free with a warning or do some community service, given freedom to further damage the lives of other children or women, and once they meet a more acceptable age only then can suitable punishment be doled out?

The age of the defendants is shocking. Yet the situation needs to be handled in an adult manner. This isn't toilet papering a neighbor's house on Halloween. This is a case of vandalism at it's most despicable, and should be treated as such.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The age of the defendants is shocking.
    TEN-YEAR OLD ACCUSED OF TRYING TO POISON TEACHER...

Officials said a 10-year-old student walked to the teacher's desk and poured a cleaning liquid into her coffee cup.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/8253.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Liked 1,344 Times in 922 Posts

The sad part is when will we figure out where these kids are learning this stuff from. When I was 9, I had no idea what sex was, let alone how to use it as an act of violence. And to try and poison someone with cleaning liquid? Some days I'm glad I have no more than 50-60 years left...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I've got a 15 month old daughter and sometimes it scares me to death to think what the world might be like in 10-15 years for her. I can just continue to do my job as a parent and teach her right from wrong.

Sometimes I wonder if any of this stuff went on when we were kids and we just didn't hear about it because there was no massive media coverage like there is today. No internet, no syndicated radio talk shows, no CNN, no FOX News, etc. Just a thought.
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    What difference does it make how old the rapist is?
    Then why is there ever even a consideration as to whether one is tried as a juvenile or as an adult? Yes, this was an adult crime. Sex is an adult subject. They did something to another child. Does a 9 year old really even understand what it is they've done? The lasting ramifications of what they've done? No way! They probably think it's about the same as an indian burn or a spit wad. Not because they're calloused criminals, but because they're simply not old enough to grasp what it is they've done. Essentially, they're mentally incompetent. It's something they'll naturally grow out of.

What should happen, should they be set free with a warning or do some community service, given freedom to further damage the lives of other children or women, and once they meet a more acceptable age only then can suitable punishment be doled out
    The age of the defendants is shocking. Yet the situation needs to be handled in an adult manner. This isn't toilet papering a neighbor's house on Halloween. This is a case of vandalism at it's most despicable, and should be treated as such.
    As I indicated in my post above (apparently I didn't indicate strongly enough), these boys have more than a slap on the wrist coming to them. Juvenile detention is a start. Definitely loads of counseling. Community service as well? How about in a rape crisis center?

I understand wanting a pound of flesh in your justice. But the punishment needs to bring about reform in the guilty. These boys have brought a boat load of education upon themselves. One day, they'll better comprehend what they did and, hopefully, feel real shame and regret. Until they're capable of comprehending what they've done, how can you treat them as someone who does?
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member

They must at least understand what they did was wrong. They dragged her into the woods afterall. If they didn't think it was that wrong they would have done it out in the open. Did they try and hide it after they did it? You bet. So I think we can at least come to the conclusion what they did was wrong.

If they aren't able to comprehend their punishment, then counseling won't be effective either. In cases like this, you have to ask whether the justice system is there for making sure the offender never offends again or whether the victim is given the slightest satisfaction in seeing justice served, or both.

The other question is what type of behavior preceded this. I seriously doubt they went from student of the week and weekly bible school attendees to rapists. If there is a history of behavior leading up to this, people are going to have less of a problem giving them 30 years in jail.

All violent criminals do not fully understand the ramifications of their deeds. If they did, they wouldn't do them. What the age of the person is means less than the thought process behind the act.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KleeHee View Post
    Then why is there ever even a consideration as to whether one is tried as a juvenile or as an adult? Yes, this was an adult crime. Sex is an adult subject. They did something to another child. Does a 9 year old really even understand what it is they've done? The lasting ramifications of what they've done? No way! They probably think it's about the same as an indian burn or a spit wad. Not because they're calloused criminals, but because they're simply not old enough to grasp what it is they've done. Essentially, they're mentally incompetent. It's something they'll naturally grow out of.
    "Something they'll grow out of"? Look I understand the need to be all touchy-feely about the welfare of these kids, yet let's not pretend they are mere innocents that didn't know what they were doing. Where did they get the idea to commit this act in the first place? By the way, it has been noted that folk that abuse animals as children grow up to be rather unsavory individuals. If that is the case, do you honestly expect them to grow out of and adjust to kidnapping and raping a peer?

But the punishment needs to bring about reform in the guilty.
    Where and when in this country has someone guilty of a deplorable sex crime involving a child ever been proven to be "reformed"? Even so, reform is the last thing jail is about. It is a way to warehouse the undesirables in society, nothing more.

One day, they'll better comprehend what they did and, hopefully, feel real shame and regret. Until they're capable of comprehending what they've done, how can you treat them as someone who does?
    Quite simply: Ask the girl's parents, or the victimised child herself how they feel about punishment befitting of the crime. You can not seriously be asking me to feel sympathy for these little dirtbags, are you? They were capable of a monstrous act, apparently without conscience, yet you are hoping that one fine and sunny day they'll recognize the weight of their actions?

There is a time for progressive means toward education. There are also times when you simply slap the living shit out of someone because they deserve it. I'm not sorry that I do not buy into the idea that they are merely youngsters who made a mistake. One reads about the acceleration of crimes "by the young against the young" on a daily basis. It is time to make a stand for decency. The rights of the victim to go through life unmolested far outweigh some naively perceived expectation of rehabilitation for her attackers.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The one question I have with stories like this: Where are the fucking parents and what are they teaching their kids (or not teaching them as the case may be)?

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    what are they teaching their kids
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/gimm...ch-t41396.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member

I think we all tend to view cases like this through our own distorted view of reality. Each of us can relate to being 9 years old and now realize that we didn't always understand the ramifications of our actions. The problem is, we would have never thought to commit such a crime under the same mindset. The point is, if you are aware enough to purposely commit such an act, you must have some appreciation of the impact of it. One comes with the other in cases like this. At some point, punitive jail time on behalf of the victim is warranted.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Wow.

Children act upon what they're surrounded by and what they see. What kind of adult supervision do these kids have? None apparently. What are these kids being exposed to???? A lot apparently.

This is just sickening.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc View Post
    Wow.

Children act upon what they're surrounded by and what they see. What kind of adult supervision do these kids have? None apparently. What are these kids being exposed to???? A lot apparently.

This is just sickening.
    Exactly! I bet the parents/guardians are scumbags. They should not have kids that are 8 and 9 that even know how to do what they did. Fricken disgusting!