Register
    Romeo Delight LoveWatchingEddie's Avatar
    Favorite VH Song

Panama & ATBL
    Last Online

08.03.08 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mystery of the Lost Youtube ATBL Video

Back around late September, there was a video on Youtube of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. I'm pretty sure it was taken at their last rehearsal. I am 100% certain it was ATBL. The video quality was very good for Youtube, and the sound was great.

I watched it a few times over the course of a day or two. I showed it to others during that time. Went in a day later, and it was gone. I've never seen it since.

One thing - Dave was baring his behind at one point. I remember one of the guys I was showing it to remarking on it, so I didn't just imagine it.

Anyway, has anyone seen it? How does a video just disappear from Youtube like that? (It wasn't because of Dave's bare ass, because there's at least one on there with Mike doing the same thing.) How would I go about finding it?

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Rather than using the youtube site's search function, use Google's. You'll find that even though the two sites merged a few months ago, the bugs have not been worked out completely in the search engines. For some unknown reason, Google lists more videos (many from other sites), including ones for youtube that fail to show up on the youtube search device!
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWatchingEddie View Post
    Back around late September, there was a video on Youtube of Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love. I'm pretty sure it was taken at their last rehearsal. I am 100% certain it was ATBL. The video quality was very good for Youtube, and the sound was great.

I watched it a few times over the course of a day or two. I showed it to others during that time. Went in a day later, and it was gone. I've never seen it since.

One thing - Dave was baring his behind at one point. I remember one of the guys I was showing it to remarking on it, so I didn't just imagine it.

Anyway, has anyone seen it? How does a video just disappear from Youtube like that? (It wasn't because of Dave's bare ass, because there's at least one on there with Mike doing the same thing.) How would I go about finding it?
    Maybe we should purge our efforts to try and find out the mystery of the Lost Oakland 81' Bootleg as opposed to some lost shitty cell-phone video of their REHARSAL....just me talking though
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Song

Panama & ATBL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe we should purge our efforts to try and find out the mystery of the Lost Oakland 81' Bootleg as opposed to some lost shitty cell-phone video of their REHARSAL....just me talking though
    The point is, it wasn't a shitty cell phone video, and it was a damn tight performance. Even better for being a rehearsal, because it was taken from closer up and without people's hands waving in front of the camera.

And unlike the Oakland '81 tour vid, I know it exists. Which is not to say I wouldn't like to find the Oakland '81 footage, but I doubt I'll come across that on the web.

Chefcraig, thanks as always for your good info. I did try Google -not a thing. It's not that it wasn't coming up in searches on Youtube, it's that it stopped coming up.

I have an idea that one of two people might have posted it to Youtube. I suppose I ought to get up the guts to just email them and ask. I've seen posts from one of them here... was sort of hoping he'd see this and post a response.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWatchingEddie View Post
    The point is, it wasn't a shitty cell phone video, and it was a damn tight performance. Even better for being a rehearsal, because it was taken from closer up and without people's hands waving in front of the camera.

And unlike the Oakland '81 tour vid, I know it exists. Which is not to say I wouldn't like to find the Oakland '81 footage, but I doubt I'll come across that on the web.

Chefcraig, thanks as always for your good info. I did try Google -not a thing. It's not that it wasn't coming up in searches on Youtube, it's that it stopped coming up.

I have an idea that one of two people might have posted it to Youtube. I suppose I ought to get up the guts to just email them and ask. I've seen posts from one of them here... was sort of hoping he'd see this and post a response.
    Just busting balls...I hope you find it...I actually had a friend who said he saw it during the Rehearsals when I asked him if he saw any videos of Rehearsals....I checked the next day and it wasn't anywhere to be found....I thought he was lying I would like to see it...
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Song

Panama & ATBL
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually had a friend who said he saw it during the Rehearsals when I asked him if he saw any videos of Rehearsals....I checked the next day and it wasn't anywhere to be found....I thought he was lying
    Really? Of course other people had to have seen it.

Question is, what would make someone remove their video from Youtube but leave up others along the same lines?