Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default Van Halen every day of my life:

Last Tuesday got VH Largo 82 and Montreal 84 dvd's through a trade on this great site (my vhs copies of those shows were worn)

Last Thursday got some more boots via trade from this site, one of which was MOR 88 Miami

Last Friday got Zlozower's insanely great book, Van Halen: A Visual History

This Wednesday went to Michael Anthony concert, Sammy was there too, and watched Mike play songs such as Hear About it Later and Light Up the Sky (I still can't believe I witnessed those two songs live; unbelievable)

Tonight I'm going to see Mean Street, which is a Van Halen tribute band at Pop's in East St. Louis

On the days I didn't mention I listened to VH/and or was on vhlinks 10 times a day. As my quote thing at the bottom of all my posts says: VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

I'm married with two kids, one of which is named after Ed, if I have free time; it's VH.

As I ramble on (Zeppelin song) I'm listening to my itunes. I loaded all my cd's on itunes. My wife has an ipod, I just use the itunes as a holding bank and always have it on random. The last two songs that have came up as I type are DLR - Big Trouble off Eat'em and Smile and currently still playing is Ed's solo form Live Without a Net. He's just starting Cathedral - note for fucking note.

Thanks for letting me and my Bud Selects tell my story tonight
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Last Tuesday got VH Largo 82 and Montreal 84 dvd's through a trade on this great site (my vhs copies of those shows were worn)

Last Thursday got some more boots via trade from this site, one of which was MOR 88 Miami

This Wednesday went to Michael Anthony concert, Sammy was there too, and watched Mike play songs such as Hear About it Later and Light Up the Sky (I still can't believe I witnessed those two songs live; unbelievable)

Tonight I'm going to see Mean Street, which is a Van Halen tribute band at Pop's in East St. Louis

On the days I didn't mention I listened to VH/and or was on vhlinks 10 times a day. As my quote thing at the bottom of all my posts says: VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

I'm married with two kids, one of which is named after Ed, if I have free time; it's VH.

As I ramble on (Zeppelin song) I'm listening to my itunes. I loaded all my cd's on itunes. My wife has an ipod, I just use the itunes as a holding bank and always have it on random. The last two songs that have came up as I type are DLR - Big Trouble off Eat'em and Smile and currently still playing is Ed's solo form Live Without a Net. He's just starting Cathedral - note for fucking note.

me too, pathetic isnt it? Kidding,, lol, and still no fuckin Dallas date yet!!

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

or Nashville
    BTW: my name is ED too
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post

Alright thats just wierd, we have the same sig. Anyway good for you on the boots. I feel like and I'm sure my wife will back me up, that I've been downloading various VH boots for the whole month. Haven't listened to anything in my truck other than live Vh from this tour. Every night I'm printing out art work for the cd's and dvd's. It's all in the sig.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

it is indeed a lifestyle...never mind the KISS Army...we are VH fans!!!!!
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

It's a lifestyle....and a way of life for this vhrocker!!!!!
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

VH has been a huge part of my life for 29 years. I couldn't imagine my life without them.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Hack,

I was at that show tonight too. Been a busy week for us VH\Sammy fans in STL.

What did you think of that show tonight?

Later.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Hey CB, love the siggy about the PR for the tour.

Wow you guys practically live and breathe VH. As for me, I look at my albums on the wall every day, I gotta get my dose of tuneage every day, the tunes are always running through my brain every day, I'm checking in at this place every day.

VH, every day for me too I guess now that I think about it.

Listening to the old stuff on the radio, I always think that there's nobody around that can duplicate his sound. He's a great innovator. At least he was back in the day. Let's hope he's still got it in him to crank out some new classics to add to the six pack.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Yeah I was on an extended hiatus from here for quite awhile. I don't know why, but I post more now then I have in the last 4 1/2 years I've been here. I gotta go to work, which is an hour away right now. A little Fair Warning in the car perhaps?
    Anyways, everyday this band affects me somehow. And if it wasn't for this place, I probably wouldn't have anywhere to vent and I know nobody else could talk about this band as in-depth as you guys can.

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Here's my 2007 story with me and VH...

I've been a guitarist for quite a while but decided that I was going to learn how to play in the style of EVH. I decided to do this about a month before VH announced their tour at the press conference. Needless to say that I was like a kid on Christmas day when they annouced the tour with DLR!

Since then, I have been pretty obsessed with VH and listen to them every day (any chance I get). I can probably say I have not listened to more than an hour of any other music in my car or home that wasnt VH. I have a ton of boots now too (audio and video) from JTT and am so glad I found this place also!

I even bought a Franenstein guitar and pained it.

My wife thinks I have gone completely nuts. My daughter has asked me several times...Dad, do you want to be Van Halen? My response is no, but i'd sure like to play like him and have his money!

Anyway, to me VH is the best band in the world. And, in about 54 minutes, I go online to buy my 2nd show tickets with them coming to FL. Dont even ask what my wife said when I told her I am going to another show. I flew to Charlotte to see the opener and spent a pretty penny to get within the first 5 rows.

VH KICKS MAJOR ASS!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cokemach1 View Post
    Hey Hack,

I was at that show tonight too. Been a busy week for us VH\Sammy fans in STL.

What did you think of that show tonight?

Later.
    I still feel drunk, had a great fucking time. Tribute band or not, that guitar player can downright play. I stared at his work most of the night. For those of you who obviously weren't there, the 'Eddie' was playing a black with yellow stripes Fair Warning style guitar most of the night. He also pulled out a Frankie replica a lot. He played extremely well in my opinion. They played Take Your Whiskey Home for God's sake.

Cokematch, did you dig the show?
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Haha, I hear ya, I hear ya. I'm right there with all you guys. Every single day, VH plays a factor in it some way or other. It's my drug of choice. I couldn't imagine a life without it.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Y'all are in serious need of some major life...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    Y'all are in serious need of some major life...

If i'm not mistaken...you have more posts than most of us. Who needs to get a life?

I have a great life...VH adds to my happy life. There is way too much stress in todays world to not have things that distract you in this crazy world. VH makes me happy. So do my kids, my wife, my job, my guitars, my guitar equipment, my community, my....well you get the point.