Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default *** Reviews 11/15 Toronto (corporate gig) ***

Well it did go down tonight in Toronto/Canada,Van Halen played the ACC with opening act The Hip.Doors opened at 6pm and The Hip opened up the show and VH took the stage at 8:30pm.They played a full set only changes is that Ed did Spanish Fly in his solo and said after "I have not played that shit in years " Wolfie did a short bass solo before (So this is love) same set other wise as other shows.Ed must still have problems with his stage monitor or Mike,because tonight he had it right in front of Al's kit and played most of the night from that spot (I guess the satge monitor or his mike is causing feedback from that side of the stage,so he moved it) No tech issues tonight,everyone was in a good mood and they played great.

I don't know but I saw both Toronto shows in Oct and Ed & AL had I special groove going tonight,I think because Ed spent most of his time right in front of AL and they connected better.

Most people at the show had no clue who was playing before it started,but we knew they were playing and got in just before it started.

I will post some pictures and my ticket stub for everyone to check out ON Friday....What a night and what a company RIM (Blackberry) is ,for throwing a free Christmas party for all their employees & customers.....I don't know how they will top this next year !....Later
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts

Sounds awesome! Wish my job would throw a party like that.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I here you dude,a couple of years back they hired The Hip and Arrowsmith to play their Christams party.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150canuck View Post
    Well it did go down tonight in Toronto/Canada,Van Halen played the ACC with opening act The Hip.Doors opened at 6pm and The Hip opened up the show and VH took the stage at 8:30pm.They played a full set only changes is that Ed did Spanish Fly in his solo and said after "I have not played that shit in years " Wolfie did a short bass solo before (So this is love) same set other wise as other shows.Ed must still have problems with his stage monitor or Mike,because tonight he had it right in front of Al's kit and played most of the night from that spot (I guess the satge monitor or his mike is causing feedback from that side of the stage,so he moved it) No tech issues tonight,everyone was in a good mood and they played great.

I don't know but I saw both Toronto shows in Oct and Ed & AL had I special groove going tonight,I think because Ed spent most of his time right in front of AL and they connected better.

Most people at the show had no clue who was playing before it started,but we knew they were playing and got in just before it started.

I will post some pictures and my ticket stub for everyone to check out ON Friday....What a night and what a company RIM (Blackberry) is ,for throwing a free Christmas party for all their employees & customers.....I don't know how they will top this next year !....Later
    I...ughhhhhh...got a comment......GO FUCK YOURSELF! Did he play ALL of Spanish Fly? If so....I'm gonna go lock myself in my closet and turn up the Christmas Carols thank you
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5150canuck View Post

Nice work bro...many of us Linkers are very jealous this morning...my company party will be a lovely turkey dinner and a couple of glasses of wine...i'd much prefer a VH Christmas Bash.
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Thanks for the review. I wish I could've seen the look on some of the people's faces when the mighty Van Halen took the stage!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Wow sounds like a great party. Any special tshirts made for the event since it wasn't a public show.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:37 AM
    Liked 851 Times in 398 Posts

Premium Member

Default ..

This reminds of when VH played Spicoli's birthday party in Fast Times.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well the gig even made ctv.ca this morning (ctv is one of our major networks a la abc / nbc / cbs for the american readers)

here:

The Canadian Press

TORONTO -- Apparently, working for billionaire Jim Balsillie has its benefits.

Jim Balsillie, the co-CEO of BlackBerry maker Research in Motion Ltd., booked the Air Canada Centre on Thursday night to host a surprise concert for some 14,000 employees and invited guests. One concertgoer said he'd been told in advance only that Balsillie had invited two of his all-time favourite bands to come and perform.

Turns out the bands were the Tragically Hip and the reunited Van Halen, which has earned rave reviews on its current tour.

nice to know that VH is one of jim's fav bands AND that ctv even picked up on the rave reviews part....

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

It's all about the mu$ic.
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes he did play all of Spanish Fly....And man I loved Fast Times ......I would be lucky if my company through a Xmas party at Mcdonalds with Smokin Loon.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

PPFFTTT!! Our Xmas party consists of lunch at Dave and Busters, and a gift card for 20 bucks that you have to spend at Dave and Busters, LOL

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

08.31.15 @ 02:01 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

It's a shame Bill Gates doesn't do something like this for his employees every year. Lord knows he has the money, and it would do his image some good!

Just a thought as I sit here green with envy!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

04.30.13 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VH Wahoo View Post
    It's a shame Bill Gates doesn't do something like this for his employees every year. Lord knows he has the money, and it would do his image some good!

Just a thought as I sit here green with envy!
    True....true....but if Bill Gates does throw a bash it wouldn't be VH. It would be more along the lines of the Dixie Chunks or Dave Matthews Band.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

RIM Rocks! 2007 - Van Halen - ACC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/travell...7603200893914/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton