Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default *** Reviews Madison Square Garden ***

*** Reviews Madison Square Garden ***

If it is not a review it will be deleted. Why is this so hard to understand.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

12.03.11 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Woohoo # 1 again

SOMEBODY GET ME A ......
    DVD OF THIS SHOW!!!!

AMAZING. Unreal, incredible, awesome show that blew the show on Thursday night at Nassau Coliseum away. Everyone was 100% on tonight, and they absolutely rocked the house.

Alex: rocking as usual
    DLR: Seemed to be saving his voice a TAD tonight (only compared to nassau show)
    Eddie: 100% on target. Note for note banging away (even got a comment from DLR that he was on tonight)
    Wolfie: Finally looked happy and comfortable on stage tonight. He was smiling ear to ear, and improvising a bit on the bass.
    Crowd was great too. No scat during show your love, played a little bit of magic bus, smoke on the water, "forgot the fucking lyrics", same story before Ice Cream Man about the his friend Kenny. Everybody wants some brought down the house, and I wish I could remember and type more!
    Hands down, the best concert I have ever been to. Loud as all hell, and rocking away. Hope everyone gets to see them as good as they were tonight. Hoping to catch the audio of the show online, and hopefully someone will have a DVD of this one so I can relive it.
    Last edited by IamNOTed,alex,mike,orDave; 11.13.07 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Remembered a little more.
    "It says one hundred percent guaranteed you moron"
    "Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!"

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

BEST SHOW I'VE SEEN ON THE TOUR

Until tonight, Philly 10/1 was the best show I had seen, including Mohegan, Nassau and NJ. Tonight was perfect. Rumor had it they filmed it for a DVD--We can only hope. No bop-boddas in I'm the One, surprisingly no WOMEN IN LOVE in Ed's solo, but everything else---stellar. I agree with the first post 100% and EDDIE'S SOLO--BEST OF THE 5 SHOWS--No rolling on the floor, bad feedback or anything---amazing. My 0.00000% hope of at least one different tune didn't happen either, but I did see an Oklahoma date on Pollstar for 1/08 so we know the second leg is for real. Writing more later---got a bad-ass 10.00 t-shirt on the train--better than anything for 35.00 inside.....

Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Agreed - this was awesome. THey really brought it tonight. Eddie's solo was insane - lots of cool little impros. No Women in Love. Nailed Cathedral. The crowd was pretty good for a garden crowd - not as old and corporate as usual - pot was everywhere. Lots of drunks but mostly harmless air guitarists.

It was once again loud as fucking hell - which I LIKE. Even in the back you hear the band over all the crowd bullshit loud and clear. I did stuff some kleenex in my ear to kill the highs a little.

Diamond Dave really impressed me. He was "looser" than he's been...it was like MSG turned him back into a full-fledged rock star. He put alot of moves together that looked really organic, it seemed more like he was feeling the show than following a script. We only got one show at the Garden and they made it count.

New stuff from Wolfie on bass. The kid can play.

Also a new line from Dave (?) - "Three scoops of Van Halen, one scoop of Roth!" At least it was new to me. He also forgot the fucking words, and chastised a MILF up front to not stick out her tounge unless she's going to use it honey.

Really a fun show, and a great capper for me, as this might be it for a while. FIVE shows is alot, and I think I can chill out for a while.

That being said might be taking a trip down to Miami to hang with some great friends and, hey, while I'm there, takin a Van Halen concert.

Also loved my seats tonight - 92 loge. I've found THe key at the Garden is stay LOW. 200s next to the stage are NOT as good as loge toward the back. 200s across from the stage are too goddamn high. The Garden spreads out quickly, and you want to stay on the floor or loge. It was great to take in the whole show after being up close the last 4 times - I really saw Diamond Dave tonight.

By the way, started at 8:45 sharp. So long story fucking short people...WE DON"T FUCKIN KNOW when the show starts. Sometime between 8:20 and 9 so get your ass to your fucking seat!!!!!

Hit Smith's Bar on the way home and ROAKED out to the queen of Kareoke, Sabrina. She cut me in front so I could do a quite honestly BRILLIANT version of Dance the Night Away!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

12.03.11 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    By the way, started at 8:45 sharp. So long story fucking short people...WE DON"T FUCKIN KNOW when the show starts. Sometime between 8:20 and 9 so get your ass to your fucking seat!!!!!
    Forgot to give it to the opening band. Not my style at all, but not bad, got a good cheer, and best of all, they knew to keep it short and sweet. They couldn't have played for more than 20 minutes tops.
    "It says one hundred percent guaranteed you moron"
    "Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!"

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.13.07 @ 09:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    *** Reviews Madison Square Garden ***

If it is not a review it will be deleted. Why is this so hard to understand.
    Tonight's show kicked major ass. This was my third show of this tour and the band, by far, sounded the best of the three nights. Seems like they were juiced up to be playing the Garden. Wolfgang seems to be getting more and more comfortable with every show. His vocals sound great and they're showcasing his playing more as the tour goes on. He had a funky intro to Jamie's Crying that I don't remember seeing before. I miss Mikey, but if I had the chance to play with my son, I'd do the same. Alex seemed to be enjoying himself. The crowd was into his solo tonight more than the previous nights I've seen them. His playing has been consistently solid at the shows I've seen. Dave seemed to be the most excited to be playing NYC. His jaw has got to be hurting from that giant shit eating grin on his face all night. His vocals were spot on, as they have been on this tour so far. He doesn't move around the stage much, but the music is much better for it. He sounds better now than he ever did. He sings every song. His raps were the same as they've been all tour, but tonight was the first time I heard him bring out the old "I forgot the fucking words" line. He said it during Pretty Woman. What can I say about Eddie. He fucking ripped. I was at the infamous Meadowlands show and I can tell you that there were no sound problems at all tonight. There was a great mix. Eddie played all the songs as close to the originals as I've heard him in a long time. He lost me at times at the Meadowlands. He looked healthy and seemed to be in a great mood. His solo was the best of the three nights. It was melodic and structured. The band was firing on all cylinders tonight. The one constant from all three shows I've seen (Philly 10/1,the Meadowlands and MSG) that kind of sums up the tour-from the first notes of You Really Got Me to the last note of Jump- No one in the whole arena sits down the entire show. Try to think of any other concert like that. You can't. If for some stupid reason you have not seen them on this tour yet; what the fuck are you waiting for? GO

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:30 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 84 Posts

Premium Member

Just got home. Based on seeing tonight's show, please let me 1st revise my review of the Nassau Coliseum show. New Nassau review = fair show.

MSG. OMFG. If anyone has anything negative to say about tonight's show, they are NOT a Van Halen fan. Everyone fired on all cylinders from the drop of the curtain until the last piece of confetti fell. Edward tonight played circles around Edward at Nassau Coliseum. Hit every note, hit every cue, played an outstanding solo spot. Roth was again the toastmaster general. Alex and Wolf were solid.

If you guys see a new poster named tss37 around these parts, please make him feel at home. I had the pleasure of attending the show with him, and he's a pretty cool cat.

I really hope the boys decide to put out a new album, to give me a reason to see them again. However, if they don't, at least I saw them on a good night, no a STELLAR night, as my last hurrah.
    ^
    ^
    ^---See that beer in my av? Brewed it myself.

VHLinks Official Brewmaster (title bought)
    Angry Turtle Brewing

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About it Later
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Long time lurker from LI.

Met Ed back in 2001 @ Danfords in Port Jeff, LI (actually shared a steak at Paces Steak House). Was not sure we would ever see the band back again. He was just happy to be alive. I can truly appreciate wanting to play with Wolf.

Thank you Ed, Wolf, Dave and Al. I waited 20 years for this and you blew us away. MSG is the standard. Tone, volume. precision. Proud to be wearing my VH shirt again. LIRR train was packed with VH fans.

Now I can die in peace.

EVH and Mark Messier....the Gods of MSG....

Thank you !!!

Last Online

07.20.15 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow just got back from the show and it was great!!!!!

it wasn't as loud as i thought it would be it sounded great no problem with the sound or anything, i was about 10 or so rows right behind the soundboard. the show was the same setlist as other shows, with the magic bus and the ice cream man part that dave does, and the harleys engine sounds that dave does and eddie does on guitars, they all seemed real happy with eachother....

dave: did great his voice seems to get better with every show, he was great to watch he kept the talking down and just blasted out the songs, he even told eddie at one point that he sounded great, and did his ice cream man talk beforethe song about his friends back in 1972 on a thursday hahaha.

alex: rocked really great drummer and never missed a beat his solo was also great,

wolfie: was also great he played good and during the part where he says dave me a break on unchained before he said that you could see him smiling, he plays good i like the way he played mean streets, the crowd really lived him,

eddie: was on fire he was amazing he played mostly the new black wolfgang and whole night no sound problems or feedback, he did play a black and yellow guitar he made for i forgot the song i think it was i'll wait i could be wrong it also had NYC in yellow tape on it. he played a red white and black charvel for one song i forgot what songs it was also, and he played the beast the franenstraat for little guitars and jump it was like magic to see that guitar be played live and be a part of it, did anyone else see how after jump he took it off and basically threw it on the floor and it slide to his tech? ohh god if that ever happened to my guitars i would cry but you know eddie, he was amazing and his solo was amazing he started to play something i never heard him do it with also the normal eruption, and catherdal, and 316....

the best show i seen in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    please i pray someone taped the show for a dvd or even a audio cd!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Just got back. This is my 3rd show of the tour and it was fantastic. It was LOUD again. But, the sound was clearer than Thursday's show. The main difference for me between this show and Thursday's was Eddie. He brought the goods tonight and I couldn't be happier. His timing, execution and feel were spot-on. His solo was classic Eddie. The only thing is...he pretty much stood in one place the whole night. He stood right in front of the drums. Hey, if this is what it takes for a 52 year old guitar god to play like he once did...I'll take it.
    Let me clarify what was going on with him. Ed had his mic, monitor and effects set up directly in front of Alex. He was using the black wolfgang with the #4 painted on it. He didn't budge from there for nearly half the show. No jumps, no spins, no slides across the stage on his knees like he did at Greensboro...nothing. The few things he did was: he got on his knees for one solo, he motioned to the fans on his right a few times and he sang at Wolfie's mic for some bacground parts. But, he seemed happy as shit. He had a big old grin on his face the entire night and he kissed dave multiple times to boot. And why not? Dave was great too. He sang his ass off yet again. He is the MVP of the tour in my book. I don't want to start any Dave vs. Sam shit but this tour wipes the memory of 2004 away like, well...shit. It wipes the 2004 tour away like the shit that it was! And it's all because the set list is ROCK SOLID! It's even sturdier than Donald Trump's hair! It's that solid, folks!
    If I have one gripe then it would have to be Wolfgang. He played great. He sang great. He was great. My gripe is that he simply doesn't deserve to be up there yet. Maybe in 5 years. Maybe. Just not now. This monent was supposed to belong to Michael Anthony because that's just the right thing to do. At Wolfie's age he should be hanging with school friends and jamming with them. Just my opinion, that's all.

Anyway, the show was stellar. The crowd was great and the mood was just right. Go see this show!!

Last Online

07.12.16 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with what everyone said about tonight! Ed was on the money tonight! Band sounded tight-Dave was great, it was great to see Dave and Ed together.

Way to loud though! Distortion through the whole PA the whole night, that's unacceptable. Ear plugs made it sound better.

Favorite VH Album

Van halen 1978
    Favorite VH Song

Eruption
    Last Online

11.13.07 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default MSG

WOW as every one else has said the guys were right on target tonight.
    And I would like to thank Alex David Ed and Wolf for making my Sons first concert the best it could be!!!
    OBJO

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me/Dreams/Learning
    Last Online

11.14.12 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you VAn Halen...had a great time.....much better then continetal's show (IZOD CENTER)

the only thing i noticed that was negative is that Eddie didn't not do one sicsor kick, but maybe his hip was hurting....other than that he kicked ass..teh band kicked ass...and i'm still drunk!!

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Just got home from the show and it was awesome. This was my third show and final one of this leg of the tour for me. Everything I read above is pretty much right on. The only thing that I saw that was different was Eddie was a little more subdued than usual and was not running around the stage as much as the previous shows that I was at. He only did one scissor leap and that was at the end of Jump. This reminded me of when I saw him on the Balance tour and he really could not move around too much because of his hip problem. Perhaps he was feeling under the weather or his hip is acting up. I know from first hand experience since my late brother had the same hip replacement as Ed had. Depending on the artificial hip Eddie got these only last 10 -12 years and then another one has to be done. Just speculating guys/gals. Overall it was the best show of the three shows that I went to. I went to the 10/3 Philly show (which was really awesome) and the Jersey show which was great up until Jamies Cryin' and Ed's fiasco with his monitor. Dave sounded his best at this show. LA people you should be in for a real treat in a week. Brett you should make an attempt to go. They will be well rested and raring to go once again.

Favorite VH Album

VH I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, dirty movies
    Last Online

03.06.12 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OH man. Look, I have been a critique-er of vh. I saw them in 98, in 04, and now in 07. I read the reviews of the show so far in 07, and I have to admit I was somewhat concerned, mostly about eddie. I saw eddie twice in 04 and I couldn't be in denial about it, he had a rough going.

Even before the show I was waiting in the cancellation line (msgs best kept secret) and I was telling the folks around me who havent seen vh since 84 that eddie had lost a little something and to not expect much based on the reviews I read on here and some of the youtube clips.

My how I feel ashamed of myself. He absoultey rocked tonight. I am sorry for those who didnt get to see eddie on fire thus far on tour. I spent all day listening to Vh on my ipod and I said to myself, 'I am going to judge Eddie on whther or not he can nail the Somebody Get me A Doctor solo. HE fucking nailed it. I critiqued his every note, and I promise you, he was on fucking fire. I would say about 95% of what he was in '98. You can easily tell in some of his spots that he played things differently. Not as in played it badly, or wrong as in some of the vids or reviews I have seen, but different. This is referring to his solo. Which was spot on, he just played differnt shit, more bluesy. It seemed at times he knew what he couldnt do and just played something different that sounded great, and I promise you it wasn't the ol he just couldnt do it bid. Cathedral, he just played parts of it different, it wasnt botched like some have said before. It sounded great. NO technical difficulties, and I noticed after his solo he used the same guitar to play Aint Talkin bout Love, which may have led to earlier reviews of him being way out of tune etc. But no problems tonight. I spoke with the guy who did the spotlight earlier in the day while waiting on the line and he said the techs were having a difficult time working with Ed but that he got new ones or something alone those lines.

Maybe because it was MSG they brought their A game, but I would be surprised if ANYONE could provide a youtube clip tonight of something sounding bad, because everything was great. I can't imagine how I would have reacted with Michael Anthony there, but I was tearing up tonight. It was a fucking spectacle. And I haven't seen anyone really say it here, but I hate to say it; wolfgang is already twice the bassist Anthony was. he may not bring all the showmanship that we have come to love from MA, but his skills are beyond that. He nailed the intro to romeo's delight on the bass, it was sick.

I'm telling you I had my doubts, especially with some of the reviews here, as they were similar to what I read in 04 before I saw them- I have NEVER smiled more in my life than tonight. It sent fucking shivers up my spine watching them rattle through all the classics. I don't care if you have a problem with MA not being there, or whatever, but you need to see this show, if not to just critique for yourself.

I also have some information regarding ed's current state and certain business transactions during the day that I would like to privately IM with a mod about before I post it here.

See this fucking show!!!