Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Kanye West's mother dies after 'cosmetic procedure'

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The mother of hip-hop mogul Kanye West died following a "cosmetic procedure" in Los Angeles this weekend, her publicist told CNN Monday.

But Patricia Green, the publicist for Dr. Donda West, did not give details about the procedure or exactly what the cause of death was.

West died Saturday at the age of 58, confirmed a representative of West's record label, Island Def Jam, who added that "the family respectfully asks for privacy during this time of grief."

Donda West was a major influence on her son's life, as the music producer-singer-songwriter has often acknowledged.

She was the inspiration for the song, "Hey Mama," on Kanye West's 2005 album "Late Registration." Among the lyrics: "Hey Mama, I wanna scream so loud for you, cuz I'm so proud of you ... I appreciate what you allowed for me. I just want you to be proud of me."

Earlier this year, she released a book she co-authored called "Raising Kanye: Life Lessons From the Mother of a Hip-Hop Superstar."

West retired from her post as professor and chair of the English Department at Chicago State University in 2004 to become her son's manager, according to the Kanye West Foundation Web site.

Kanye West's writing partner Rhymefest lamented Donda West's death Sunday in an appearance on Chicago radio station WCGI, the AP reported.

"She was everyone's mom," Rhymefest said. "A spirit never dies, a spirit lasts forever." E-mail to a friend
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Bummer. As much as I can't stand a person like Kanye, I hope his mother rests in peace.
    Respects.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    ..West retired from her post as professor and chair of the English Department at Chicago State University in 2004 to become her son's manager, according to the Kanye West Foundation Web site.
    Wow.

RIP, ma'am.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 11.12.07 at 08:24 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

RIP Mrs West.

Your son is still a total idiot.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Somehow, and I'm just not sure in what way, it will be decided George Bush and Dick Cheney are responsible. Again, I'm not sure how, but it's there for someone to find.

In all seriousness, though, it is sad. RIP.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

Dude, that's pretty damned heartless, as well as highly tasteless. It's the guy's mother for cryin' out loud.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"George Bush Hates Cosmetic Surgery"

On a serious note;
    Unless it's reconstructon surgery from cancer, or other physically altering illness/accident - It sucks to think people continue to die over cosmetic surgery in the name of vanity...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not a fan of Kanye but it is horrible to lose a parent. Pretty cool that she was a professor/chair in the English Department. I believe Kanye is known for his lyrics so it would seem she was a great influence in his life to have a way with words.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

That's why I said, "in all seriousness, it's sad, RIP."

I still think he's an asshole, but I feel bad for the both of them.

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Can't stand the moron, but he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP Ms. West

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    That's why I said, "in all seriousness, it's sad, RIP."
    And that forgives it. Great logic.

Listen to me...about a month ago I offered a post to a linker at this site, making note of his questionable ancestry. He responded by pointing out that his mother was sixteen years old when she gave birth to him, and subsequently put him up for adoption. The upbringing he received was forever tainted by this, even though his "folks" did their best for him.

I immediately realized to my ultimate shame and horror that I'd subjected this fellow to undue sadness and recrimination through the act of being cavalier. In a simple, flippant remark I offered cruelty in the guise of humor. I immediately apologized to the fellow and secretly vowed to never make observations regarding another's family again in an attempt at levity.

I'm not telling you to do the same, yet I hope you at least observe the reasoning taking place.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 11.12.07 at 09:26 AM.
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

It's not like he's going to read it, so I'm not concerned about offending him in his time of grief or anything. It's just fodder for a Van Halen message board. I didn't realize we were so high class around here...I missed the memo. Sorry chef I'm not as cold-hearted as it would appear.

Lancashire(Preston and Manchester), England...the ORIGINAL, NOT 'New England'
    Favorite VH Album

VH 3 and 5150
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thing is why put yourself at unneccessary risk? In my humble opinion undergoing cosmetic surgery at 58 was a pretty stupid thing to do. You would think by that age you would have accepted who you are and be happy enough to get on spending your sons money.

Regardless of the stupidity of his mother and him for not stopping her I do feel sympathy for anyone who loses a mum.
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!

YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    And that forgives it. Great logic.

Listen to me...about a month ago I offered a post to a linker at this site, making note of his questionable ancestry. He responded by pointing out that his mother was sixteen years old when she gave birth to him, and subsequently put him up for adoption. The upbringing he received was forever tainted by this, even though his "folks" did their best for him.

I immediately realized to my ultimate shame and horror that I'd subjected this fellow to undue sadness and recrimination through the act of being cavalier. In a simple, flippant remark I offered cruelty in the guise of humor. I immediately apologized to the fellow and secretly vowed to never make observations regarding another's family again in an attempt at levity.

I'm not telling you to do the same, yet I hope you at least observe the reasoning taking place.
    Look, people are always going to be offended or hurt by something, you're not going to stop that from happening. As far as Kayne's situation, yeah, we should try to be respectful. But, Kayne brings these sentiments upon himself because he is such a prick and has offended many with his irresponsible comments. If you dish shit you better be tough enough to take it back. If he does hear some negative comments, he'll get over it just like most people do. They get over it.

Last Online

All I'm saying is that this does a disservice to the memory of the fellow's mother. This was obviously a thoughtful, dignified woman with certifiable achievement to her credit, who deserves the same dignity in her death. Joking about this demeans her, not the general fuck-stick her son turned out to be. A sense of compassion is called for, if not totally for West then absolutely for the woman's passing, which ultimately diminishes us all.

And if this is considered "high class" thinking, then ultimately this puts into relief the lowly levels of existence we as a society have succumbed to.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 11.12.07 at 10:29 AM.
    George Bernard Shaw