Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Deathcore/Xtreme Metal

Alright, so anyone's into the bands like August Burns Red / Bring Me The Horizon / Suicide Silence / Abigail Williams / As Blood Runs Black / Black Dahlia Murder / Walls Of Jericho / All Shall Perish and such? I've always been into post-hardcore stuff like FATA/Glassjaw/Underoath etc but this is something else!

August Burns Red - Your Little Suburbia Is In Ruins

Bring Me The Horizon - Traitors Never Play Hangman

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterlessIceness View Post
    Alright, so anyone's into the bands like August Burns Red / Bring Me The Horizon / Suicide Silence / Abigail Williams / As Blood Runs Black / Black Dahlia Murder / Walls Of Jericho / All Shall Perish and such? I've always been into post-hardcore stuff like FATA/Glassjaw/Underoath etc but this is something else!
    no, not me...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.04.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Wow and I remember when Death Metal used to be kinda scary! Now it's just laughable.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Way too many cookie cutter metal bands out there today. Can't sing, so they do the gutteral vocals stuff or whatever! I can deal with some shouting and yelling if it is followed with at least a little melody. Some of the more extreme metal bands I like and would recomend are:
    1. In Flames
    2. Fear Factory
    3. Mnemic
    4. Damage Plan(Dimebag's last band)

All are very heavy, while still incorporating Singing and Melody. Although, it is still hard to beat the classic stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, and Dream Theater. Excluding Pantera, they all continue to release really good music.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by pal1800 View Post
    Way too many cookie cutter metal bands out there today. Can't sing, so they do the gutteral vocals stuff or whatever! I can deal with some shouting and yelling if it is followed with at least a little melody.
    Lol that's what Metalcore is for - Bullet For My Valentine / Killswitch Engage / Avenged Sevenfold / Hatebreed / As I Lay Dying etc. I like both depending on my mood, sometimes I really need something that I won't need to sing-along too! I also didn't see Metallica coming, totally different genre that didn't have an influence on this.

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol that's what Metalcore is for - Bullet For My Valentine / Killswitch Engage / Avenged Sevenfold / Hatebreed / As I Lay Dying etc. I like both depending on my mood, sometimes I really need something that I won't need to sing-along too! I also didn't see Metallica coming, totally different genre that didn't have an influence on this.
    Sorry, don't get me wrong, I like some of that stuff, I just perfer metal with at least a hint of melody. That said, I happen to really like Hatebreed, Pro-Pain, Agnostic Front, Killswitch Engage(before Howard Jones, first 2 cd's or so, seems like they have hints of emo, which I do not like, in their music now) As far as the Metallica reference, just saying, that paticular genere is always the one I come back to no matter how many others I visit and like.(classic, operetic, progressive, hardcore, grindcore, industrial, sludge, the whole scandinavian scene, thrash, on and on......) But in the end, I am always looking to hear something new that just kicks ass.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The older I've gotten, the lighter and more eclectic my taste has turned (I can't believe I just wrote that!). However, I've heard a bit of Black Dahlia Murder and like it. The 2 contemporary bands that I really like is Gojira and Chimaira.

When I'm in the mood for brutality, I fall back to Meshuggah or the old Bay Area Thrash that I grew up on (Death Angel, Exodus, Testament, old Metallica).

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

I kinda like that August Burns Red vid you posted.

Bring Me the Horizon, on the other hand, I wanted only to kick those whiney little emo looking fuckers in the skull. But maybe that's how I'm supposed to feel when I listen to them? I dunno. The singer really annoys.
    The first listen really got on my nerves and I left it at that.

Do the kids really dance like that now with everyone going in swinging their arms like windmills? lol

I guess it's a pretty fine line with me when it comes to these kinds of bands wether I find them acceptable or not.

Not crazy about it, but I do appreciate the vibe of August Burns Red.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Aye I'm actually seing Bring Me The Horizon on 23rd, but I fall into 'whiney emo' category haha. I'm surprised I haven't been banned from the links already lol

The singer is a proper asshole, he peed on some chick-fan because she didn't agree to get laid with him after a concert, and he's been pulled down by the cops a couple of times for his drunk antics, but lol nothing Ozzy or Alice Cooper hasn't done already. I had a hard time accepting BMTH into my catalogue - used to hate them, but for some reason they grew on me.

August Burns Red, on the other hand, is on a way above level. Their 'Thrill Seeker' is totally kick-ass, also best produced album in the genre. I find myself jamming their riffs every time I pick up the guitar lately. Glad someone likes the band!

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

Aye I'm actually seing Bring Me The Horizon on 23rd, but I fall into 'whiney emo' category haha. I'm surprised I haven't been banned from the links already lol
    lol
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_