Thread: Denver date

Favorite VH Album

There all good!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

05.23.12 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Denver date

I ran into a old friend of mine a few weeks ago at an Eric Johnson show. he is now photagrapher for a few major musician's magazines. I was telling him how bummed i was that no denver show's had been announced. he kind of looked at me kind wierd and replied , "yeah they are, they booked the Pepsi Center for January 24th". I was wondering if anyone else had heard this? I can't beleive they would'nt come here, I mean all those major cities they havent hit, like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Florida? My god, those are all major events. denver is a huge market, they all come through here.
    "I endorsed the guitar I used to play, I designed this one.....Big Difference!" EVH

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patvh1 View Post
    I ran into a old friend of mine a few weeks ago at an Eric Johnson show. he is now photagrapher for a few major musician's magazines. I was telling him how bummed i was that no denver show's had been announced. he kind of looked at me kind wierd and replied , "yeah they are, they booked the Pepsi Center for January 24th". I was wondering if anyone else had heard this? I can't beleive they would'nt come here, I mean all those major cities they havent hit, like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Florida? My god, those are all major events. denver is a huge market, they all come through here.
    Brrrrr.... cold time to be in Denver. Keep your brass monkeys indoors...
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Last Online

05.21.15 @ 07:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember last time VH came here with DLR, in 1985 i think. They sold out McNichols arean so fast they had to add a second date, and that sold out before the day ended.

Been a long time since then. But as long as they don't use the Rockies to sell tickets, I'll be there. Too bad I can't fit into the 1984 tour t-shirt anymore.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Last Online

02.02.16 @ 11:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patvh1 View Post
    don't know the date but denver is part of the 2008 tour.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

I hope this is true! There's an Avs game on the 23rd, and a Nuggies game on the 26th... hhhhmmmmmm
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

its really j ust more confirmation of a second leg to be announced!! Dallas rumors, Atlanta, Little Rock and New Orleans, its comin!!

Favorite VH Album

VH1, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire, Unchained
    Last Online

11.20.07 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I miss the Rumor Mill. Anyone hear about Spokane? Boise? Salt Lake? These would all be great road trips for me. Denver is doable but I don't know the city very well.
    Ive seen the people that are looking for a moonbeam;
    Spending their lives getting lost in the jet stream.

Favorite VH Album

CVH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.15.12 @ 07:03 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DauhHalen View Post
    I remember last time VH came here with DLR, in 1985 i think. They sold out McNichols arean so fast they had to add a second date, and that sold out before the day ended.

Been a long time since then. But as long as they don't use the Rockies to sell tickets, I'll be there. Too bad I can't fit into the 1984 tour t-shirt anymore.
    June 2-3 1984 first show sold in about 20 minutes got third row to that, 2nd show sold out in about an hour got 5th row to that night, camped out for 5 days to get those tickets at old May D and F at westland mall

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

They sold out 3 shows in Dallas that year, July 14th, 15th, and 16th, i went to the first 2 of them, great shows!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

07.10.16 @ 08:46 AM
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    Brrrrr.... cold time to be in Denver. Keep your brass monkeys indoors...
    Denver isn't as cold as most people think.. It's actually pretty nice here in the winter..
    Andrew -"People within the industry often have colorful descriptions when talking about Dave".
    Sammy- "He's wacky man…he's as wacky as a motherfucker…but at least you know what you get". Melodicrock interview with Sammy 08/2006

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerq View Post
    June 2-3 1984 first show sold in about 20 minutes got third row to that, 2nd show sold out in about an hour got 5th row to that night, camped out for 5 days to get those tickets at old May D and F at westland mall
    I was there too man! Camping out for a week.
    Some dudes in a truck had a list going and we had to check back every couple of hours for a week to keep our spot on the list. Getting chased by cops every night. We had a blast.

Were you the dudes camping out in the little truck?

I'm sure you remember the morning tix went on sale how the cops ruined everything, disregarded the list, made all of us (tons of people that morning) all stand behind a line in the parking lot about 70 yards from the mall doors. Then the cops finally said "okay, now in an orderly fashion..." and all hell broke loose and everyone charged forward and many were trampled running accross the parking lot to the door. I was right at the front of the pack hurdling bodies while sprinting, rammed into the doors and about 1000 people crushed in behind me. Was total chaos!

Good times man!

I do hope they make it to Denver. Won't be nearly as fun getting tickets this time though.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VAVH View Post
    Denver isn't as cold as most people think.. It's actually pretty nice here in the winter..
    SShhhhhhh! Don't tell everyone!
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I can't make the trip to Denver, has a South Park date been released yet? Maybe Stan and Kyle can stand in for Ed during his solo.

Favorite VH Album

CVH 1
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.15.12 @ 07:03 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    I was there too man! Camping out for a week.
    Some dudes in a truck had a list going and we had to check back every couple of hours for a week to keep our spot on the list. Getting chased by cops every night. We had a blast.

Were you the dudes camping out in the little truck?

I'm sure you remember the morning tix went on sale how the cops ruined everything, disregarded the list, made all of us (tons of people that morning) all stand behind a line in the parking lot about 70 yards from the mall doors. Then the cops finally said "okay, now in an orderly fashion..." and all hell broke loose and everyone charged forward and many were trampled running accross the parking lot to the door. I was right at the front of the pack hurdling bodies while sprinting, rammed into the doors and about 1000 people crushed in behind me. Was total chaos!

Good times man!

I do hope they make it to Denver. Won't be nearly as fun getting tickets this time though.
    I was, I went to BK across the street and called the cops to tell them there was a fight at JCRS so we could line back up, I pulled the smokin hot chick from the crowd, I was third in line the guy in the wheel chair who the cops put ahead of all of us that morning bought me two tickets for bumping me in line so we must have met that week and that morning, remember when the cop said do you think you can liiiiii----nnneee up the mad dash was on. it was fucked up what Lakewood PD did that morning glad I could help us all out by sending them away, I met so much pussy that week, I had great time

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerq View Post
    remember when the cop said do you think you can liiiiii----nnneee up the mad dash was on. it was fucked up what Lakewood PD did that morning glad I could help us all out by sending them away, I met so much pussy that week, I had great time
    Hell yeah man. The Lakewood PD really made a made a mess of things.
    The mad-dash was insane. I'm just glad I was young and very fast, cause people were goin down and getting trampled. Dumb cops.
    I was right up front there with you and still ended up with nosebleed seats. But hey man, I got to see VH and that's all that mattered to me. VH sold out two shows in record time that day.
    Amazing.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_