Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 AM
    Liked 593 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Default *** REVIEWS 11/8 Uniondale, NY ***

Reviews for the Uniondale show only. All other posts will be deleted.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

12.03.11 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Woohoo! First one (gotta love the shortcuts home and parking near the exit). Anyyyywayyyz.
    Now I remember why I stopped seeing shows at this venue. VH was great. DLR was amazing, but the sound mix and the acoustics here sucked big time. The crowd seemed a little lackluster, and the music was actually too low. I was sitting right behind the sound board, and at times you were unable to hear Eddie, and at times you were unable to hear Alex. Wolife was good, and actually got a nice cheer, but he almost seems like he knows he's out of place. It was only towards the end where I really saw him getting into it.
    Women in Love was teased during the solo as well as Smoke on the Water during a song which I can't remember.
    Alex's solo was ok, but then again I'm spoiled by seeing Rush in concert. I actually really really liked Eddie's solo. It was different from the past years, and seemed like he was having a good time. He said something to the crowd during the solo but it was uninteligible so maybe someone else here heard it.
    All in all a great show, and I definitely recommend it. I'm seeing them Tuesday night at MSG so hopefully the sound will be a little better.
    Last edited by IamNOTed,alex,mike,orDave; 11.08.07 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Remembered more
    "It says one hundred percent guaranteed you moron"
    "Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!"

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.03.08 @ 11:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!! I was right at where the S goes into the crowd and it was incredible.. I'm gonna be deaf for at least a day from this. I thought the sound was great no major screw ups and they looked like they were having a blast. Eddie was kissing and hugging Dave every chance they got. Anyone find that a little odd? like they played the whole friend thingto the point where its almost a little phony? Anywho the chemistry was still there. Wolfie I thought was great, of course I'm gonna miss MA but Wolfie has come a long way this tour He seemed to play the crowd pretty well but still knows his place...Eddie was on his game big time and he was enjoying every minute of it... He still likes those cigs for someone who beat cancer... Alex was great as well but looked like he was just going through the motions (I was listening to the drum solo while I was taking a piss).. And Diamond Dave..... Well he's still every bit the showman he was in his first go-around. I mean he's like 52 and can still do some of those kicks and all... wow.... And he didn't overdo it!! All i can say is I've had nothing but terrible concert experiences at Nassau but this was incredible oneof the best I've ever been to.... Wow what a guitar solo!!! I love when Eddie said throw shit at him if we didn't like it....... Well I'm pretty drunk and have work early hopefully I'll get my voice back I'm seeing these guys at MSG tuesday and am thrilled that I'm one of the lucky ones who get to see them twice!!! To thse who haven't seen them yet.. If they make it to an arena near you.... Go See Them!!!!! you will be in for one hell of a night!!!!

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YEAH!!! WOOHOO! GREAT show!

What Ed said in the middle of his solo was something like "OK, so I'm making alot of fucking noise, throw something at me if you don't like it"!! LOL - I think he sounded great and he was smiling the whole show, happy as hell. I loved Ed's solo! The whole show went off with out a hitch. Saw them also at Mohegan - I think the sound was actually better at this one - could just be my seats.

The guys looked to be having a great time up there - the people around me on the floor were also.

Wish I were going to the Garden. Damn!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Last Online

12.03.11 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is funny how different people can have different views depending on where they are. Even with my complaints, I still had a great time, and was well worth the money. Thanks for the clarification on Eddie also
    "It says one hundred percent guaranteed you moron"
    "Mister if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ass!"

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.03.08 @ 11:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So thats what Eddie said???? Man my ears went to shit haha sorry bout my misinterpetation..... it may of also been that "smoke" break I had... needed to sit for it I also wanted to add that the crowd by me was great... most of the people were going nuts...... Also what was up with Wolfie wearing a Van Halen shirt??????? I thought it was like an unwritten rule that bandmembers do not wear their own band's shirt during a performance,,,, Eh whatever it was F*cking great show and I had the time of my life... Can't wait to hear what everyone else thought of tonights celebration of rock and roll

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Default My faith in humanity has been restored.

Having never seen VH with Dave before I thought the show was incredible! Although sitting in the 300's, the sound quality definitely suffered a bit (which my wife pointed out the whole way home). I hope there is another leg of this tour that comes around next summer so I can hear the difference at an ampitheatre like Jones Beach .

The set list was the same as all of the previous shows but even though I knew what to expect song wise, I was blown away.

Dave: Seemed to really enjoy himself out there, it is where he belongs (and thankfully he didn't hump the microphone during "ATBL").

Eddie: What can be said...He is the best there is, was and ever will be. 'Nuff said. I thought it was funny when during his solo he said, "I'm just making a lot of noise up here if you don't like it, throw something at me." And it was touching when he played "316" then pointed to his tattoo and then motioned backstage in reference to Wolfgang. He also did say that "it feels great to be back" and "we'll see you soon". On the negative side of things I think Ed needs to go wireless and the entire band needs to utilize the stage design more.

Alex: Quite simply Alex is the most underrated drummer...EVER! His solo tonight was a monster.

Wolfgang: I am so impressed by Wolfgang, that he was one of the highlights of the show for me. He played and sang great. He also seemed to really have fun interacting with Dave and his father (of course). With all due respect to Michael Anthony...I did not miss him one bit tonight.

Best songs: Mean Street, Unchained and Little Guitars.

I'm sure I'll have more to say later but right now I gotta get to sleep.
    Last edited by atomicpunk5150; 11.08.07 at 08:45 PM.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

All of them except III
    Favorite VH Song

Women in Love
    Last Online

03.17.08 @ 01:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OMG, that was insane I can't even believe I just lived through that and got pics to prove it they all kicked ass!!!! & the 5* wasn't too shabby, 3 row dead center, god it's good to see a VH show w/Dave fronting, he's so fun

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.04.07 @ 04:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Great Show

After the Meadowlands show I wrote them off...

Great sound tonight. Dave was great.

My only beef is Eddie's tone and playing. Its too dry. He used to have a little echo and delay on his signal to give it some life. In addition, he uses way too much gain on his amp. The other this is he noodles too much. Play the the friggn'n song, it makes the band sound loose.

Overall a great show. Hopefully they will play again this summer.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

Well, I will have to spoil the party a little bit. Seen them 4 times on the tour--Philly 10/1 was by far the best sound and show. Mohegan the worst. Nj like all have said was kick ass till the meltdown, but that in itself was pretty cool in that it's interesting to have had the vantage point I had. That being said, tonight for me had its ups and downs for several reasons. (Mostly ups though)
    I have to disagree with previous posts--Eddie was not on top of his game tonight--lots of little things, sloppiness. Notably, he was liek 10 second slate getting on for ICM after Dave's part. Didn't even get cord plugged in until a few seconds into it. I was Wolfie's side in the 300's so yes, sound was muddied a bit. As for Dave I think the vocals kick ass and unfortunately, the moves need to suffer. Many friends of mine seeing it for the first time tonight said he looked lost and didn't know what to do with himself. Face it, whether it be to make the vocals better, or the age or the VH bros not wanting him to look like an ass saying the old Dave sayinfs, he's just not 100% Dave. I prefer the vocals being on to drum riser jumps, but I am just relaying my opinions after 4 shows this tour and over 25 VH shows lifetime. MEAN STREET is one of the few songs where he DOESN'T do a great job--contrary to above reports. He sort of 'scats' the words and omits the whole LORD STRIKE THAT POOR BOY DOWN part. in fact, many of the middle parts aren't done up to Dave standards (yes, nitpicking, but I have seen the show 4x now) I also agree that the stage isn't used to full potential and there's so much more than can be done. I doubt I will see any setlist changes or 2 song encores.
    To be positive, I loved the bop-boddas in 'I'm the One' coming back, Eddie in a shirt to start the show, a tight Little Guitars and no EDDIE monitor problems..I am willing to hear critique of my critique, but be honest as well. I lvoed the first night in Philly--your first night is the best--but if you've seen it multiple times, you have my perspective. See ya at MSG for my last show of this leg.

Last Online

08.17.15 @ 11:51 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

I knew what I was walking into. My review is because I am a guitar player. If we were to play weakest link, I would say it's Ed. Everyone else was on there game. For $150 for my ticket... Ed should have played better. I feel at least that much is owed to me.

I have seen VH since the F.U.C.K. tour. I think Ed has had "It" till the III tour. If it is a getting older "thing" than I should not complain. But if Ed is capable of doing better...than shame on him. Give me what I'm paying for.

I will see them again at MSG. I don't need Ed from the past....I need Ed, Who
    knows what he's doing.

Sorry If I come across negative. I hate the negative reviews myself. I want this tour to work!
    Last edited by Hammer Guy; 11.08.07 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Guilt

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Guy View Post
    I knew what I was walking into. My review is because I am a guitar player. If we were to play weakest link, I would say it's Ed. Everyone else was on there game. For $150 for my ticket... Ed should have played better. I feel at least that much is owed to me.

I have seen VH since the F.U.C.K. tour. I think Ed has had "It" till the III tour. If it is a getting older "thing" than I should not complain. But if Ed is capable of doing better...than shame on him. Give me what I'm paying for.

knows what he's doing.

Sorry If I come across negative. I hate the negative reviews myself. I want this tour to work!
    I agree with you--see my above-post. It's hard to pinpoint, but it's obvious.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

08.28.08 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just and have been trying to sort this through my head before sharing this with you folks who are so diehard and noteworthy so. First I was late because although I was stuck in traffic coming from Manhattan and got through the doors before 9:00, the show had already started!?!! WTF?!!! What happened to the one hour after the ticket time for the warm up act?

Okay so since I've seen the whole show from Eddie's side in NJ directly across from the sound board, this was different as I was on the other side, third row from the pit in sec. 118. God thank you VIPS who don't show or claim tix because I scored it early this morning.

Okay first in regards to the sound. I was near the PA this time and it was great when I first heard it but then it was getting louder. I hadn't put in the sonic II earplugs but then had to change my mind and put them in. Not for the Jersey show. Wasn't necessary. This time, oh yeah it was. But the sound from where I was was excellent. Unlike in NJ where Wolfie was not heard well and not just according to me, this time he was coming through very well. He is more comfortable it seems and was given room to use it. Nice job. The kid has it down pat now.

The overall sound of the band I thought was superb. Alex is a hammer back there. He's doing much more I noticed this time from the last show. That being the first, well it's hard not to focus on Ed and Dave. But Alex is doing a magnificent job back there on every level. Really kicking ass.

DLR what can you say but a guy who gets juiced to go out and give his best. He really seemed to push himself vocally and saved enough in the tank for his rendition of "I'll wait" which seems to have a splinter group of fans in the crowd for it. I count myself among them. Call me sentimental. But he really delivered a great performance overall.

Eddie. This is really hard. Eddie sounded very good. I would agree with the comment about gain. At times, too much. But I'm not one to fret about such things as I would take it this is what he wants. During the songs he was just loose and doing his thing which was mostly super, with unique fills and he was really letting his creativity flow. Nice to see him happy for the show.

Now the last part. I was very disappointed with the crowd. My section was not grooving like the last time in NJ. Of course I was on the rail from the stage leading the charge for that one. But I'm waiting for others to give some reports on this. The crowd was IMHO not giving the band the energy back. In fact when I was clapping I felt almost self-conscious about it as the section was so quiet and it seemed that way for a lot of the crowd.

To me, DLR was taken aback by it and he was prowling and preening to the max. There's only so much preening one can do. I mean the guy invested a ton of energy to do the vocals right so I don't expect him to be doing leaps at 54 from the drum kit anymore.

The band really seemed to be having a good time. More so than a lot of the people. In the pit it was funny because it looked like a bunch of prisoners surrounded by yellow shirted security weenies who were there not to assist but to keep them in line. That was my sense, but I digress.

Okay, the show was very good, the sound from where I was awesome (being so close really helps) and the crowd, hey I am not a Long Island guy. The stairways were a mess getting up and down and no matter how polite you are saying excuse me, these people don't move. It's more of a crippled insect lifting its head to look at you with no desire to allow you to move ont he stairs. One guy even was shoving me as I was past him. I smelled a lot of weed at this show.

Is this what happens to older pot heads. They are fucking lame. Glad I stopped smoking after college.

Okay now back to Eddie. On the solo this time I tried to follow him more. He builds things but somehow he doesn't seem to take it to the final destination. Sometimes it's like notes are not finished. When he was doing his trademark hammer ons, well it was obvious on the big screen that he was lacking in accuracy.

What he said from what I heard was really someone showing humility. His comment to my ears was, "I'm having fun. If you don't like it, go ahead and throw things at me." The reaction from the crowd was almost complete silence. At the end of the solo, the reaction was tepid applause at best.

Still it was great to see the band so happy. That was clearly the case tonight and I noticed the difference that made on the whole last quarter of the show. A happy Eddie most definitely makes for a better band performance.

Really hope Ed takes care of himself. We got the big gig at the Garden. Hopefully he will bring his best because Madison Square Garden ain't the Masoleum. And its nickname seemed well deserved tonight.

The last thing I can add is that the temperature in the arena was way too hot. I think this may have had a real impact on the noise coming from the crowd as I really felt it too. Way too warm. Had to take off my leather coat as I was feeling it.

Okay, let's take the Garden down Tuesday!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

08.28.08 @ 08:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Don't feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer Guy View Post

knows what he's doing.

I understand your feeling and I hardly dabble with guitar but from back in high school I was surrounded by friends and family who played even some covers of VH back then (up to Fair Warning) and having seen Ed at the Garden on that tour in the second row at MSG I understand exactly what you are saying.

I was thinking about this as I was driving back. Ed showed humility as he was quite aware that he wasn't taking the solo on a ride with a destination. It was more of him working through pieces of things but not being clear where to go. That was my sense to a degree. And I was really rooting for him.

I think there's a bunch of us out here who love the guy. We remember the guy who was so happy and go lucky but who was also a wizard who won how many Guitar Player of the Year awards in his prime. But we have to admit that years of abuse has

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

I
    Favorite VH Song

currently, Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 05:18 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default FINALLY!

They gave me the show I've been waiting for since '84.
    I've seen VanHagar (and, yes, even that faggit Gary) perform those songs...can't remember if Dave ever did them, come to think of it. I don't think he had the rights.
    They OWED me this show.

I gotta get some sleep, but suffice to say...they were fuckin' awesome!
    Every song...amazing. They did not disappoint...the night flew by. Thank God I get to see it again at the Garden, VIP this time.

The band is tight, Wolfie covered MA's part perfectly. Amazing that he could be replaced so easily, huh? Dave can NEVER be replaced. LOVE him! What a show!