Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Default Yet Another Social Pariah: "Dog" The Bounty Hunter And The N-Word...

(This story broke over the weekend. As usual, folk that do not even watch the show (and therefore haven't a clue who the fellow is) are up in arms.

I'm not including a link for the vid, out of courtesy and respect to some of the posters at this site. If you are curious, it's all over youtube, yet to post it here would be in poor taste and totally insensitive, at least in my opinion.)

A&E pulls 'Dog' series from schedule

By JAYMES SONG, Associated Press Writer Sat Nov 3, 1:00 PM ET

HONOLULU - Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's show has been pulled from the air indefinitely by A&E, two days after a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly was posted online.

"In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take `Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," the network said in a statement Friday. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."

A&E officials said the series, one of the network's top-rated programs, has not been canceled.

Chapman, 54, has been under fire and accused of being a racist ever since the private conversation with his son, Tucker Chapman, was posted online Wednesday by The National Enquirer. Chapman used the N-word repeatedly about his son's black girlfriend.

At least two advertisers have pulled out from the show and civil rights groups have called for its cancellation.

Soon after the clip was posted, Chapman issued an apology and A&E suspended production of the series.

In the conversation, Chapman urges Tucker to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend trying to tape and go public about the TV star's use of the N-word. He used the slur six times in the first 45 seconds of the five-minute clip.

Chapman has said he was "disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term." He also said he was ashamed of himself and pledged to make amends.

His attorney, Brook Hart said his client is not a racist and vowed never to use the word again. Hart said Tucker Chapman taped the call and sold it to the Enquirer for "a lot of money."

David Perel, the Enquirer's editor in chief, would not comment on how it obtained the tape.

Civil rights leaders said they were not satisfied with the removal of the show from A&E's schedule. A coalition of groups in Los Angeles sent a letter to network executives Friday demanding a cancellation.

The coalition said the comments were more than racially demeaning and hurtful to black women. "They are a vicious attack on and call to end interracial relations, as well as an incitement to violence," the letter said.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable, said the coalition believes Chapman's language was much more damaging than shock jock Don Imus' comments.

Imus was fired by CBS in April over his "nappy-headed hos" remark about the Rutgers University women's basketball team. Citadel Broadcasting Corp. Thursday announced Imus' return to radio in December.

"If they can essentially say, 'We're firing Imus in the front door and bring him in the back door later on,' they can also do the same with this guy and his show," Hutchinson said. "It seems like to me A&E is keeping their options open."

The TV series follows Chapman and his tattooed crew as they track down bail jumpers in Hawaii and other states. The show also stars some members of Chapman's family, but Tucker Chapman is not regularly featured.

The Honolulu-based bounty hunter first grabbed headlines for apprehending serial rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico in 2003.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071103/...UBn1bIQ5xX24cA
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Private conversations are no longer safe...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that's one big white trash family, his use of the n-word doesn't surprise me at all.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

sold to the highest bidder by his son, wow!!
    thanks jr.
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 2,206 Times in 1,111 Posts

Premium Member

Exactly. Imus losing his show because he uttered it on air is one thing, but to pull the show because of something said in confidence and in private? That's lame.

It's weird because he never comes across like that during his show--always seems like a God fearing man. I wonder where all of those Congressmen are that tried to save his butt fro Mexico and called him an "american hero"?

This borders on "thought crimes."
    Last edited by bsbll4; 11.05.07 at 06:50 AM.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Civil rights leaders said they were not satisfied with the removal of the show from A&E's schedule. A coalition of groups in Los Angeles sent a letter to network executives Friday demanding a cancellation.

The coalition said the comments were more than racially demeaning and hurtful to black women. "They are a vicious attack on and call to end interracial relations, as well as an incitement to violence," the letter said.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable, said the coalition believes Chapman's language was much more damaging than shock jock Don Imus' comments.
    That's great. While I agree "Dog" was wrong to say what he said, the "coalition"'s description of it sounds an awful lot like rap. Where is their outrage over rap?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

did anyone see michael strahan on the best damn sports show period dressed as dog the bounty hunter? priceless. damn i wish i could find a pic of that to post here!!
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 2,206 Times in 1,111 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    That's great. While I agree "Dog" was wrong to say what he said, the "coalition"'s description of it sounds an awful lot like rap. Where is their outrage over rap?
    Because Dog is white and on A&E, rappers are black and on BET. They should pull that entire network if they really think that way.

I contend that watching a half hour of COPS hurts race relations more than listening to some white trash guy spout off in a private conversation.
    Last edited by bsbll4; 11.05.07 at 07:44 AM.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

I was wondering if there were any Dog watchers around here. I used to watch whenever I could. He's a bit hypocritical when preaching about how everybody needs to be treated equally, praying before a "hunt" (can't remember what they call it), cussing out whomever their capture is then hugging them at the end. All the while smoking up a storm. And then there's Beth and the "twins" as my nephews call them. She looks like a streetwalker or something and acts just like Dog.

Maybe they both need time off. That'll give all the bounty jumpers a break as well.

Way to go jr for selling out like that. He's learned well from pop I see.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

His use of the N word appears to be in a "street" type of way and not directed to inflict pain upon a black individual. I have heard people use the word "fag" many times with no intention of harming homosexuals. These are terms used everyday in some of our culture. Like it or not, that is the world we live in. Point being, you are not automatically a racist if you use these words, just maybe a little low class. If we are going crucify people who use these terms, then no one should get a pass. I'm sure it will make a grand stage for Al and Jessie though, meanwhile the dollar continues to go down, kids aren't getting educated, and crime (especially in New Orleans, which is close to where I live) runs out of control. God I love this country!

Last Online

03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There really is no such thing as 'Freedom of Speech' is there?

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by 8amtill606 View Post
    There really is no such thing as 'Freedom of Speech' is there?
    You seem to confuse the freedom to say something with the cost of saying it.

Last Online

03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    You seem to confuse the freedom to say something with the cost of saying it.
    No - you have only made that arrogant assumption.

Why don't you go pick a fight with one of your ex's instead.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I knew there was something bitchy about you.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What? Dog the Boutny Hunter used the "N" word?

Then his son was secretly recording the conversation and then leaked it to a Tabloid?

Who'd of thought those people would have no class? I'm firing off a pointed letter to the Henry James/Edith Warthon North American Book Club and request that Dog have his membership suspended.

Bad form.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300