Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:28 PM
    Liked 32 Times in 4 Posts

Default VH related spots in LA

OK that guy's thread about the VH's early house got me thinking. I am going to LA in a couple of weeks to see VH. I am coming frm Australia, my first trip to the US.
    Anyhow, I'd like to do a VH related tour. So far, I've got the Whiskey a Go Go and I know their hands are in the street somewhere (where?).

Anyone able to hit me up with VH related things like:
    where 5150 is - just so I can take a photo at the gate
    their old house/Dave's old house
    Dave's new house.

I'll just be taking a photo each place (except the bars where I will drink) and moving on to make up a frame to put all VH related memorabillia from the trip together - you know tour t-shirt, ticket stub, photos etc.
    Her T-shirt ended early and her hot pants started late

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Good idea. Reference a thread where this fits nicely, and needlessly start a new one.

I like limericks.

There once was a man from Boston
    who bought himself an Austin.
    There was room for his ass
    and a gallon of gas.
    But his balls hung out
    and he lost 'em.

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

I did the same as you mate, back in 2004. I was 32, single, and just went by myself to see VH in St. Louis and Chicago. On the way, I stopped in La for 4 days. I went to the Whiskey au go go and walked along sunset boulavard till I reached the Hollywood rock n roll walk, where all the handprints are. I took photos of Eddies, Sammys, Mikes and Alexs handprints, and then topped it off by going to Universal studios and having a Cabo Wabo tequilla at the local bar.
    The Guitar/music shop at the Rock n Roll walk is "a must" cause it had original Eddie guitars in the windows.
    I never got to see Eddies house or the outside. I know its up on Coldwater Canyon somewhere, but never got that far.
    All the best mate, I hope you go well. That trip brings back great memories.

What is even better......At around 3.00 in the morning, I walked the streets of sunset boulavard without a care in the world, and no trouble at all. You cant do that over here in Brisbane. The quicker Australia gets zero tolerance, the better..........
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.17.08 @ 07:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Have fun

Visit those spots and have a great time. They are landmarks and should be seen. My favorite spot was the H home on Los Lunas. That is a very important place in the VH saga. Before the boys started rehearsing at Dave's, all of the rehersals went down there.

This is the house where Ed built his first guitar. The house where Mike was auditioned and the band rehearsed. This is where Ed and Al traded instruments, and begun their love of Rock and Roll. This house is a historical landmark for any fan of Edwards playing.

I have spoke with many people that have visited it and they all enjoyed the trip. Around the corner is a liquer store, look on the sidewalk and you will see some interesting signatures in the cement.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.05.07 @ 12:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen should reuinte with Hagar and Roth and Alex could have two drumsets and play double drums and they could maybe get Ozzy Osbourne to play keyboards, and if Michael Anthony comes back since Wolf The Gang is already on bass, Michael Anthony could help Hagar and Roth sing.

Then when they record a new album they don't want to call it Jump because they already named an album Jump back in the 80's.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 01:26 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Van Halen should reuinte with Hagar and Roth and Alex could have two drumsets and play double drums and they could maybe get Ozzy Osbourne to play keyboards, and if Michael Anthony comes back since Wolf The Gang is already on bass, Michael Anthony could help Hagar and Roth sing.

Then when they record a new album they don't want to call it Jump because they already named an album Jump back in the 80's.
    Um.... what?
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post

Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
    Um.... what?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

I, II, FW, 1984 W/Sam: Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Any CVH
    Last Online

05.01.12 @ 07:11 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bosstone.net View Post
    Visit those spots and have a great time. They are landmarks and should be seen. My favorite spot was the H home on Los Lunas. That is a very important place in the VH saga. Before the boys started rehearsing at Dave's, all of the rehersals went down there.

This is the house where Ed built his first guitar. The house where Mike was auditioned and the band rehearsed. This is where Ed and Al traded instruments, and begun their love of Rock and Roll. This house is a historical landmark for any fan of Edwards playing.

I have spoke with many people that have visited it and they all enjoyed the trip. Around the corner is a liquer store, look on the sidewalk and you will see some interesting signatures in the cement.
    Dude be a little more specific!!! Where the fuck is that house?!

Funny story from when I did that kinda tour my first time in LA back in 2000, I believe it was. My first day I jump on a Star Homes tour bus, just to get a lay of the land, and who the fuck do I see??? Diamond fucking Dave just off Rodeo Drive, in a blue convertible Porsche, with a baseball hat on and shooting the shit with a bicycle cop. I'm like "motherfuck I'm trapped on this frickin bus, there is THE MAN right fuckin there! You gotta be kiddin me!!!"

Eddies main house is kinda confusing to find, but once you do it's pretty cool.
    It's tucked back up on a hill, up a dumpy little road. The house in Malibu is just a nice, normal, traditional home. Kinda quaint.

Have fun. The Rock Walk at Guitar Center is pretty cool. Partying on Sunset Blvd. is also pretty cool. But holy fuck that is one pretentious town as you'd pretty much expect.
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy
    ---------------------------------------------------

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:11 PM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by digadam View Post
    OK that guy's thread about the VH's early house got me thinking. I am going to LA in a couple of weeks to see VH. I am coming frm Australia, my first trip to the US.
    Anyhow, I'd like to do a VH related tour. So far, I've got the Whiskey a Go Go and I know their hands are in the street somewhere (where?).

Anyone able to hit me up with VH related things like:
    where 5150 is - just so I can take a photo at the gate
    their old house/Dave's old house
    Dave's new house.

I'll just be taking a photo each place (except the bars where I will drink) and moving on to make up a frame to put all VH related memorabillia from the trip together - you know tour t-shirt, ticket stub, photos etc.
    You might want to checkout this link...

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index...=651&Itemid=39

Have fun at the VH gig, you lucky bastard...

Enjoy...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Aren't 2 Kelly Clarkson threads enough?

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bosstone.net View Post

Bosstone, where is this house you speak of. Also what number cold water canyon road is Ed's house - again I'm not a stalker - quick photo at the gate in the rented mustang with VH TShirt on and I'm outta there.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    You might want to checkout this link...

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index...=651&Itemid=39

Have fun at the VH gig, you lucky bastard...

Enjoy...
    Thanks Dutchie - this is precisely what I was looking for!!

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

I saw Barbara Eden from a bus in Hollywood. Is she VH related?
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

Classic Seven-Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.25.13 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I live right by Pasadena and can't help but be curious as to where exactly their family home was on Las Lunas or where in San Marino the Mojo Dojo is. I ain't no stalker either, but feel free to PM me if anyone's got the info so I can finally satisfy my Van Halen historical curiosities.
    Wolfgang did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.