Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Default The Official Trans Siberian Orchestra Thread

Ever since I heard these guys, they have totally blown me away. Although I have never been to a concert, I am looking forward to hopefully going this november! I only have 2 of their songs but I listen to them all of the time because the thought of mixing traditional X-mas music with Heavy metal is genious! The solo on I believe the nutcracker is just awesome. Youd think that Zakk Wylde is playing it cuz it sounds just like him and I could picture him doin somethin like this lol

So post your opinions and thoughts too!
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Seems awesome - but in small doses... Not sure I could do a whole concert... But, I have been tempted...

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've heard some of their stuff, but no way do I consider them "heavy metal"! They are to instrumental music what Clay Aiken [shudder] is to pop music! (I guess he does a Christmas show, too; the women I work with are all going crazy over their upcoming concert trip to Chicago. Eeeeewwwwwwww!!!!!!!)
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!

Last Online

10.14.16 @ 08:38 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I have Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Christmas Eve & Other Stories" CD. I certainly wouldn't call it "heavy metal" but it is certainly a rockin' Christmas disc. I love to play this CD everyday between Thanksgiving and New Years. I'm just not a Clay Aiken Christmas kinda guy.

If you're looking for more rock and roll/electric guitar Christmas tunes, I recommend "Merry Axemas". Steve Vai put it together and it features a bunch of guitar heros putting their stamp on Christmas music. Kenny Wayne Shepherd does a great version of "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer". The Brian Setzer Orchestra does "Jingle Bells" up right. Joe Perry turns in a super-cool rendition of "Blue Christmas". And Jeff Beck's jaw dropping take on "Amazing Grace" is not to be missed.

The disc also features songs performed by Steve Vai, Joe Satriani (good job on "Silent Night", until he strays way off into the weird on his "Holy Night Jam"), Eric Johnson, Steve Morse, Alex Lifeson, Hoeti, and one other who slips my mind.

I love some good rock n' roll Christmas music. I throw these 2 discs on, along with "A Very Special Christmas", Vol. 1, and let 'em shuffle while we decorate the tree. Can't believe that's already just a month away.
    The only adventures I regret
    are the ones I missed,
    and the thought of all the pretty girls
    I never tried to kiss.
    -DLR

Last Online

05.31.12 @ 11:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's not forget Santamental with Eddie on track 1.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained-Hear about it later
    Last Online

02.20.17 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If you have to listen to X-mas music ,this is the way to do it!!

Last Online

08.30.09 @ 10:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Their live show totally rocks!!

I have seen them live twice and I will tell you that they do not disappoint in the least. I agree that I wouldn't categorize them under the heavy metal category but under progressive rock/metal category. The producer, Ed O'Neill, also produced Savatage which also has members in TSO ( Al Pitrelli and Chris Caffrey). They also have a non-Christmas album entitled 'Beethoven's Last Night' and it also is a great disc. If you get a chance to catch them on tour this winter, do yourself a favor and go--you will be glad you did. I am catching them next month in Fort Wayne, IN again. PEACE!!!

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I have both The Christmas Attic and Christmas Eve and Other Stories. Both are constantly in my cd player between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Two of the composers are from the metal band Savatage, hence the hard rock theme.

I've yet to see them live.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:52 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I saw them for the first time last year and it was one of the best shows I have seen. Lasers, smoke, falling snow and great music. Granted I was about 12 rows from the stage and was in front of Alex Skolnick so that might have had something to do with it.

Those pics of the fireballs reminded me of the heat that came off of them. You could feel it on your face.

They actually broke out and played The Immigrant Song last year which was cool. Not sure if they do that at every show but they said since they were in Cleveland they were going to screw around a bit. Guess Cleveland was the first market to play them and really got them going.

There is music for everybody. Acoustic guitars, soul, blues along with heavy rock.

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Heres my review on last nights T.S.O show....

When I got home last night, there were only 2 words that I could think of about the show.....FUCKING AWESOME!!

The energy of the show was unbelievable! The first couple of songs they did were awesome and it kinda reminded me of Van Halen last year in some ways. The narrator that came out between every song got kinda annoying, even though he was trying to tell a story. There were 3 very slow songs in a row and I dam near fell asleep but right after that, we were back to rockin. The Pyro and lasers were worth the show by themselves because I had never seen a laser light show quite like that along with fire.

The music was beyond awesome and the 2 guitarists (forgot the names) were on fire last night! At the very end of the show, one of the guitarists and one of the violinists walked off the stage and started walkin around in the floor seats and then were put on this elevator-esque riser and they both played from there and that was just plain awesome. They even played some Led Zeppelin which I thought was cool. Then the 2 piano players kinda had their own little duel and that was pretty neat to watch cuz one of them went into the Charlie brown song and the place went nuts. The fireballs at the end were so hot that me and my girlfriend could feel them from where we were sitting (and we were pretty high up)

Im still pretty awe-struck from the whole experience so thats why the review is so short but for those of you who have not seen a TSO concert before, I highly reccomend seeing it cuz you wont be dissappointed
    Last edited by Thai Boxer 9901; 11.27.05 at 09:53 AM.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Im digging the cool reviews thus far. I have yet to see them. I've tried bribing members of my family to go with, but since they work in the mall, Xmas music starts around halloween, they wont go.
    We're going December 17th. I cant wait to go see them.
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

02.10.10 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey TB, here's and article from our local paper. Thought you'd enjoy reading this. One of the guys in TSO lives in the town next to the one I live in. I've never seen him around which is surprising since this is such a small area. His wife is from the town I live in. Winter Haven has all of maybe 10-15,000 people and the town he lives in, Lake Wales, maybe has all of 8-10,000. So it wouldn't be a strech to run into them at the mall down the road from where I live which is in Lake Wales. Our other big local celebrity is, you ready for this, think your heart can handle it!!!!!! Burt Reynolds!!!!!!! Yeppers Burt has a ranch over in the Lake Wales area also. Haven't seen him either. LMAO!!!

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.d...73227834014704
    "Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
    --Mark Twain

There's no one as smart as a gambler at the track putting thier last $10.00 on the longest shot of the day.

Unchained only letters and numbers's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

My wife and I were putting up decorations last night and a tune came on the radio, and I said, "Damn, this is pretty good!" She said it was Trans-Siberian Orchestra and I couldn't believe it. I've seen billboards around here (St. Louis) cause I guess they're coming, but I figured they were some kind of lame deal like that crappy Manheim Steamroller outfit.

But they kind of rock, and based on what you guys have said, I think I'm gonna suggest to the Missus that we go to their show. Heck, I'll probably score big points for being in the Christmas spirit, and it sounds like a cool show anyway!
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by only letters and numbers
    I figured they were some kind of lame deal like that crappy Manheim Steamroller outfit.
    MS is for people who are into Barry Manilow. TSO really rocks. One of the guitarists for the west band (2 bands actually tour) is Al Pitrelli who played for Megadeth 1999-2001.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

And I also learned last night that Mannheim Steamroller = Chip Davis, one half of the advertising team that gave us "C.W. McCall" (of "Convoy" fame)