All NON REVIEWS will be deleted.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.17.11 @ 09:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On my way home from Izod Center.

The set list was the same as usual, and it was an excellent show yet again.

The big topic though will be the first great Eddie blowup of '07. During 'Jamie', his guitar went out (there were smaller issues the rest of the set).

But Ed keep yelling at his tech off-mic for the rest of the song, then threw his amp down the stairs (on stage left)!

Otherwise, all 3 shows I've been to were basically the same thing.

Only complaint; they no longer play the scat part during "I'm the One", which was an epic crowd sing-along moment in Charlotte.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.04.07 @ 04:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Eddie meltdown

Great Show until Eddie had some sound problems and flipped out! He threw his moniter at his tech.

The band was great (for the most part). A little too loud. At times it just sounds like a big blob of noise. I've seen other bands in the same room and they sound crystal clear.

Eddie's solo was horrible. I dont know if it was the sound or what. He plays like his fingers are broken. Also, his tone sucks. It's like a buzzsaw, way too much gain.

It pains me to say it but he should cut the solo from the set. It was all noise and really nonmusical.

Dave was great. Sang every word.

I'm going to the Nassau show. I'm curious to see how it may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by George M View Post
    On my way home from Izod Center.

The set list was the same as usual, and it was an excellent show yet again.

The big topic though will be the first great Eddie blowup of '07. During 'Jamie', his guitar went out (there were smaller issues the rest of the set).

But Ed keep yelling at his tech off-mic for the rest of the song, then threw his amp down the stairs (on stage left)!

Otherwise, all 3 shows I've been to were basically the same thing.

Only complaint; they no longer play the scat part during "I'm the One", which was an epic crowd sing-along moment in Charlotte.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.18.12 @ 08:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default New Jersey

Seen the show 11/03/07 in E Rutherford.

When the show started it looked like the crowd was all standing still or in shock or just didnt know what to expect. The crowd did loosen up as show show went on.

I did notice Eddie getting crazy at one point telling someone on the side about a problem he was having will his amp. Soon after that he dragged the amp across the side stage. Then eventually threw it down the side stairs.
    I was shocked at what was going on.

At the same time I was telling my wife that you can't even hear David Lee Roth singing. The music was so over powering compared to the vocals.

And Yes Valerie Bertinelli was there.

The music was so over powering compared to the vocals was my only complaint.

All and All I enjoyed seeing the old Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me/Dreams/Learning
    Last Online

11.14.12 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got back...great show...

but yes...everybody is correct...Eddie did have a blowup moment at his tech, thew the monitor at him or just off the stage, not sure which.

For the rest of the show DLR DID NOT get in his way and Wolfgang tried to just make his Dad proud.

Eddie tried to not let the issue bother him when acknowledging the audience, however, anybody with brains new he was pissed.

A big part of me feels bad for ED, it's obvious he's bi-polar, self medicates and makes me worry.

But on the good side he played like a mother fucker and DLR sang better then ever!!

Alex is always 110% and Wolfgang did awesome...

however it was definitely not the same without Mikey, not sure if Wolf plays everything, he might have some backing tracks and the backup vocals definitely have alot of help...

all and all a good show!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

ED GOES BALLISTIC IN NJ

This was my 3rd show of the tour--seeing Philly 10/1 and Mohegan---This was a close second to Philly as far as tightness and energy. I had a unique view sitting in 118, which was Eddie's side of the stage, pretty much stage height and being able to see the front and back of the stage. The night started wih Eddie emerging from the curtain about 5 min before they came on. He hugged one of his techs, stretched out, lit a cigarette and kind of just worked out some nervousness. Little did he know that he'd literally blow a fuse about an hour later. From our vantage point,we saw many things the average fan in attendance did not see: Valerie Bertinelli, Alex and Wolfie sharing a moment during Ed's solo, Dave smoking a butt during Alex's solo, Eddie's 2 little private rooms and of course, the monitor issues. I'd say it started during CRADLE, and it seemed like first it was his mic--He was motioning across his neck like he was saying 'cut' and at one point, he yelled something into his mic to show the sound guys that it wasn't working. Somehow, he managed to play and not seem to miss a note. Then, at the end of a song, he picked up, dragged and HURLED DOWN THE STAIRS, a fairly sizeable monitor. I saw the sound problems in CT during SGMAD solo and this was 10x worse. How a band that makes millions can't get sound guys that can remedy a problem like this is beyond me. There were feedback issues on many occasions, probably due to Ed's mic. I've seen hundreds of shows and when the tiniest detail goes wrong on stage, a roadie is on in a millisecond to correct it. This soundman will likely be fired, since he didn't move a muscle to rectify Eddie's problem. That was an issue in and of itself. Tha being said, this show was tight, sound was great, vocals strong and noted improvements from that 10/1 show. Wolfie is comfortable, singing well and as noted here, Romeo Delight is a showcase for him, but what I had not seen was his prowess in the extended bass-intro to So This Is Love?. That was truly a showcase for him. Th crowd was pretty high-energy the entire night and I ended up liking I'LL WAIT better than previous shows. I will be in Long Island (hometown show) and NYC for my 4th and 5th shows, still hoping for even ONE different song to slip in. I thought Ed's solo was a bit better than other nights I'd seen, though it's amazing he got thru it with all the frustration that preceded it. Still also not sure why YRGm and not Unchained or something is opening the show and why the encore is one song. Encores are a minimum of 2 songs by tradition, with performers like Springsteen and Pearl Jam doing 3-5 songs and multiple encores (these are nit-picking pet peeves, but what the hell) I'd rate this one a 9 1/2 because of my perspective, the backstage stuff and the crispness of the sound. PS " I'M THE ONE" did not have the bop-bodda part in Philly or CT so it must have just been in NC. I welcome comments and additions to this post whether in this thread or by PM

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

I was there as well. I saw the Eddie blow up right in front of my face. He kept on telling his tech to turn it off. Then he kept on yelling "Fix it, Fix it". He did not throw his monitor down the stairs, at least I did not see it. He was so pissed the rest of the night. He threw Dave's chains from Unchained off of the drum riser and was going crazy with his chord. Eddie, lose the fuckin' cord and go wireless. That will solve a lot of issues. I was about 3 rows in front of the bottom of the "S". Dave is in great shape for his age. Wolfie is a lot looser now and having more fun and Alex was kick ass as usual. I hope the first leg of the tour finishes. I saw Dave go toward Ed at the end and Ed did not want to be around anyone. The whole thing with the monitor just got him going. At one point during one of the songs he looked at Wolfie and it looked like he was saying to him facially what the hell is going on with the sound tonight. I bet you someone is going to get fired after tonight.
    Last edited by AJW; 11.03.07 at 10:07 PM.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

UNPLUG IT EDDIE

One other thing--I don't care if it gives him better tone, or it's more of an umbilical cord, but Eddie needs to ditch the fucking cord. He must have tangled and untangled it 75 times, and tonight especially, adding to his frustration. Another observation--maybe someone has a reason/ Ed's pedal set up is literally a foot from his monitor and he used to always be up front on the stage....thoughts?

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by AJW View Post
    I was there as well. I saw the Eddie blow up right in front of my face. He kept on telling his tech to turn it off. Then he kept on yelling "Fix it, Fix it". He did not throw his monitor down the stairs but it did come close. He was so pissed the rest of the night. He threw Dave's chains from Unchained off of the drum riser and was going crazy with his chord. Eddie, lose the fuckin' chord and go wireless. That will solve a lot of issues. I was about 3 rows in front of the bottom of the "S". Dave is in great shape for his age. Wolfie is a lot looser now and having mor fun and Alex was kick ass as usual. I hope the first leg of the tour finishes. I saw Dave go toward Ed at the end and Ed did not want to be around anyone. The whole thing with the monitor just got him going. At one point during one of the songs he looked at Wolfie and it looked like he was saying to him facially what the hell is going on with the sound tonight. I bet you someone is going to get fired after tonight.
    DUDE I WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT. HE THREW IT DOWN THE STAIRS, THOUGH IT DIDN'T MAKE IT ALL THE WAY DOWN THE STAIRS.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.03.07 @ 10:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Review from 2nd row stage right rt next to ed and tech

It began with Eddie giving signals to his sound guy to turn down his monitor, and once it was down he gave heated signals to bring it back up. The poor tech over potted and it fed back in eddies ear and that began the mealtdown. he apparently couldn't hear himself. he began cursing at the guy thru the pa and walked off stage a few times to give him an earful. apparently the problems continued because he ended up dragging the monitor across the stage and throwing it at the guy! he left the stage for a while to recoup but was obviously still having issues becuase the tantrums continued. he managed to get his act together again for 'eruption' but i'd say 40% of the show was affected by the bizarre events.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Ok........back to reviews and ONLY reviews.

Post all of the other stuff in the NJ thread.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Sinner's Swing! the_atomic_punks_rule's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Today- Bottom's Up!
    Last Online

12.20.16 @ 03:09 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

First half of the show was incendiary. After Ed's Meltdown there was an awkward tension going on. The monitor not only was booted from the the stage, but had air underneath it to make Tony Hawk gasp. Wolfie was clearly upset from that moment on, and say what you will about Roth, but he kept the train on the tracks until the end. This is what happens when you have a METH addiction. Boys and girls, he comes back from the drum solo fubarred beyond belief. No alcohol works that fast. He is a junkie, and I hope those techs make cash, because he is a nut. It is too bad, because the first half just shredded. I am done after this showing...it was a good run. The wheels are coming off the tracks...

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.30.08 @ 03:20 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Ed's blowup

The NJ show was my 4th one so far (Charlotte, CT & Boston the other 3)...great show until little guitars....this is the 3rd show i've seen where eddie's had problems with that guitar on this song. Same idea but to a lesser extent it also happened in boston on litle guitars. Tonight i think was the straw that broke the camel's back. Temper tantrum time. After that the show went downhill....he also lost me on his solo......by far the worst of the 4shows i've seen. Dave tried to hold it together, even tried to engage eddie at one point but eddie kept looking down.

On the positive side they gave wolfie some bass work, maybe a solo to happen next tour.

Just too bad that had to happen tonight, it was tight up until that point. But it needs to get fixed, keeps happening every show.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.07.07 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTF - the PA tonight was terrible! Dave's mic cut in & out, and sitting in section 120 (right up from Valerie) we were catching all the vibes as well as all the flak the incompetant board operator was being tossed. What do they do during sound checks? And the icing on the cake (for me) was the mangled version of Mean Street - WTF Dave did you forget the words? LORD STRIKE THAT POOR BOY DOWN! I'm not done with this thread yet, I need to get my $179 + $15 + $25 worth............

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

08.04.08 @ 08:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i only wished eddie would have let me throw a monitor at the sound tech.
    i mean, this wasnt a minor "oops". they just botched it all BIG TIME. the fans all seemed to make the best of it though. i know i did.

but...the sound....my god. everything was topped out. a team of chimpanzees could have done better.
    and then yeah, eddie finally snapped and never seemed to recover.

on the bright side:

-wolfie was really good (from what i could hear, of course).

-oddly enough alex's solo was the highlight of the night for me...since it was audible and dare i say clean sounding.

-imho the diamond did a great job as well. he did miss a few lines, but the guys still got the voice. he seemed right on key and didnt bark his lyrics at all ala 1984.

-im glad they play 'jump' last since i was able to leave through it and beat the traffic :P