Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 01:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I need some info on Van Halen...please.

First of all I just wanna say that it's a major thrill to see Van Halen together again with David Lee Roth on vocals and with Wolfgang on bass.The show in Cleveland was a dream come true and I hope that they make their way back to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame city really soon.

I do have a couple questions that I haven't had any luck getting answers from. Who exactly had the idea to get VH and DLR together again? Also,I've heard Sammy and Michael's take on VH's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction,but I've heard absolutely nothing from Eddie,Alex,or Dave on the subject. How do they feel about the honor? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Always have been...always will be...a CLEVELAND SPORTS FAN!!!

...you got a problem with that?

FUCK THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS AND THEIR FANS!!!

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhilRocksinOHIO. View Post
    First of all I just wanna say that it's a major thrill to see Van Halen together again with David Lee Roth on vocals and with Wolfgang on bass.The show in Cleveland was a dream come true and I hope that they make their way back to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame city really soon.

I do have a couple questions that I haven't had any luck getting answers from. Who exactly had the idea to get VH and DLR together again? Also,I've heard Sammy and Michael's take on VH's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction,but I've heard absolutely nothing from Eddie,Alex,or Dave on the subject. How do they feel about the honor? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Good luck getting answers....VH doesnt give up any info and you'll be waiting a long time to hear their persepcitve.

The reason they got back together is a mystery but most here feel it was Wolfie who got Eddie to make a move in the right direction.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

The reason is pretty clear. At this point, if VH wanted to make any money and have a shred of relevancy, the only choice was to reunite with Dave. It was an inevitabilty. Dave was pretty vocal about being ready to do it, so it all boiled down to Ed and Al just finally giving the go ahead.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

01.10.12 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Audio @ VHND...

check out this link w/ AVH & EVH radio interview: http://vhnd.net/articles/070302-01.shtml

FYI...Van Halen News Desk a lotsa great info

Enjoy
    JeppVH

Boston Celtics
    2007-08 NBA World Champions
    Celtics Pride Returns - Banner # 17

"Look at all these little kids, Takin' care of the music biz. Don't their biz'ness take good care of me!"

Favorite VH Album

The First 6
    Favorite VH Song

Currently Dirty Movies, Fools
    Last Online

04.21.08 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen is a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow View Post
    The reason is pretty clear. At this point, if VH wanted to make any money and have a shred of relevancy, the only choice was to reunite with Dave. It was an inevitabilty. Dave was pretty vocal about being ready to do it, so it all boiled down to Ed and Al just finally giving the go ahead.
    It was a marketing decision strictly all the way....Dave wouldn't be back here if Mikey was still a member of the band...that's what I believe anyways....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JeppVH View Post
    check out this link w/ AVH & EVH radio interview: http://vhnd.net/articles/070302-01.shtml

FYI...Van Halen News Desk a lotsa great info

Enjoy
    Thank you so much for that info...it certainly answers a lot of questions I had.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roth Van Halen View Post
    Van Halen is a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.
    ...buried deep in a steaming pile of fresh bullshit.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Dave wouldn't be back here if Mikey was still a member of the band...that's what I believe anyways....
    Huh? I don't believe that at all. Dave needs VH in the worst way......Mike, no Mike, wouldn't have mattered to him one bit.....he was game.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Yeah boooooooy
    Favorite VH Song

Yeah boooooooy
    Last Online

04.23.14 @ 08:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Huh? I don't believe that at all. Dave needs VH in the worst way......Mike, no Mike, wouldn't have mattered to him one bit.....he was game.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves... Eddie & Al weren't doin too hot on their own either... they need DLR as much as he needs them.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves... Eddie & Al weren't doin too hot on their own either... they need DLR as much as he needs them.
    I'm sure all of Sam Halen's fans would disagree with that.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Because Ed, Al and Dave made up and are buds again. It's pretty simple when it comes to music.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.19.08 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well your welcome and let me shed some light.
    First off let me clear it up for you as I do have the answers.
    It was my idea, yes my idea. I wrote a letter to EVH and DLR and asked them to get thier shit together. It was only after this letter that both sides agreed to make it work.
    As for the Hall of Fame. The real VH would request that they totally erase the abortion that happened this year with the award so that the real VH can accept the award in a more appropriate manner by people whos real name ends with, Van Halen.
    In the meantime the band has expressed its opinion without actually commenting by having 4 cases of Official Hall of Fame Award Toilet Paper printed for thier tour buses.
    It is currently in use.

That should be the final word on this thread as all questions have been addressed in detail.
    While I cannot confirm my sources on the toilet paper issue, I can tell you In a high level management position for Charman Inc.