Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Ralph Nader Sues DNC For Being Scumbags

I don't care for Nader but he's right about this and I hope he friggin' wins big:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/s...036609,00.html

The Republicans will try the same thing with Ron Paul too should he run as an independant.

It's simple, if you are a natural citizen of the United States of America and of leagal age you are entitled to run for the Presidency...PERIOD. If you want to raise the bucks and put your name on the line then that is your Constitutional right. Nader has already said that if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination that he will run again in 2008, it will be interesting to watch as the same people who've been bashing Bush over Constitutional violations turn around and violate Nader's rights.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I agree and happen to have voted for him once.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If the Repukes nominate Guliani, then the Religious Reich will run a third party candidate.

If they nominate Romney, same thing. Those people are not voting for a Mormon, even though he wants the same theocracy they do.

If they nominate Ron Paul, the neocons will run a third party warmonger. Or (god forbid) if Hillary gets the "Democratic" nomination, they'll vote for her. Because she's already pledged to continue on with whatever the neocons want.

So old one percent Ralph is already beaten at his own game this time. He should have stayed a consumer advocate.

I don't blame him for the Florida coup though. Jeb and Cruella Harris stole that one long before the first Jew cast a vote for Pat Buchanan.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You couldn't blame him even if the elections were fair. Axx is right in
    that whoever has the desire and resources to run, should be able to do
    so. If the other parties can't distinguish themsleves enough as compelling
    candidates that's their problem. All we need is 5% to make a third party
    viable. Nader is not the saviour, but I'm with him in principle.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Do you honestly believe there was no difference between Gore and Chimpy?
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Exactly.

Run a good candidate and your party wins. Obama is an interesting possibility but he's the Democratic version of John McCain. The party heads are undermining him and he doesn't have a chance against the Clinton machine.

You can google a video of Clinton and Edwards talking about how the needed to get the dead-weights out of the debates so that only the all-stars could participate. This crap used to happen in the old days, the primarys were decided behind closed doors by the party big-wigs. This meant that the parties didn't have to deal with unknowns and could keep control. Today you'd think that since Howard Dean is the DNC chairman that outsiders would be welcome but the field is populated by the usual crowd. Worse, the party machine is really doing nothing for the lower-tier candidates either except asking them to quit the race.

According to Nader's lawer, the DNC sicked 80+ lawers to file suits and motions to keep him off of the ballot in an number of states. That is just wrong, as a Democrat I'd have to ask if the money spent on keeping Nader out of the race could not have been better spent on keeping Kerry IN the race?

How can the Democrats get young people excited about getting involved in the political system when they flaunt it's corruption?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    At the time, I was not impressed with either one of them. I knew Bush
    was wrong for the job, but Gore wasn't exactly a boy wonder as VP. You
    may recall in the debates how each was in near perfect agreement with the
    other as both centralized and pandered toward utter homogeneity. You may
    even recall an SNL sketch at the time that lampooned their centrist rhetoric.
    And apparently the nation agreed/fell for it, as it was "too close to call" until
    the SC decisively stepped in.

I felt, and still do, that a 3rd party would have forced the candidates then
    and now to define themselves more sharply. Perhaps if Nader had been
    allowed to participate then, we would have seen a more accurate portrait
    of all the candidates. Alas, this would not come to pass.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The only way we're going to get an accurate portrait of all candidates is if we abolish this bullshit machine of electro-fraud voting, billion dollar elections, and corporate media distortions.

we need to get back to public financing of elections, every candidate gets the same amount of time on TV to deliver their message (Not what the mediawhores want you to believe their message is) And REAL debates. Not scripted questions, so morons like Chimpy and Fred Thompson can read prepared scripts to FAUX talking heads.

Thom Hartmann did a call-in poll for 5 minutes today on his show. He identified the callers by area code, they gave a name, click - on to the next call.

The results:

Edwards: 41
    Kucinich: 21
    Obama: 7

Hillary got ONE vote. As did Biden, Richardson, and Gore - but only one guy even asked if Gore was eligible for this poll, since he has not declared himself a candidate.

So there you go: National mainstream Democratic audience, and only one fucking person wants Hillary. Not exactly what the media whores are telling you, is it?
    Last edited by FORD; 11.02.07 at 09:10 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

The ones about Dancing
    Last Online

11.26.14 @ 12:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post
    I felt, and still do, that a 3rd party would have forced the candidates then
    and now to define themselves more sharply. Perhaps if Nader had been
    allowed to participate then, we would have seen a more accurate portrait
    of all the candidates. Alas, this would not come to pass.
    Right on there, the only thing a third party can do is bring new issues to the table. Instead on the same old things they have been bringing up for years, that they donít want to do anything about because they wonít have anything to run on.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

nader has become, and perhaps always was, a self-serving-attention-whore tool but i support his principles. It should bother all of us that our elections are anything but free and open. In reality, I find little difference between our election process and those of countries like Venenzuela who our politicians constantly attack for having "rigged" elections. The political system in the united states is nothing more than a horrible reality tv show, the outcomes are already determined and they pretend that we have input into the outcome. The only difference is we can't change the channel.

Last Online

10.26.17 @ 04:07 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    There isn't an ounce of difference between any of them. For whatever reason, you seem to think there's some political fairy out there that wants to come sweep you off of your feet. You blow on endlessly about the same tired shit in virtually every thread you post in. We get it. It's time to move on, Uncle Rico.

By the way, posting on a message board doesn't do a damned thing for human kind. You are not making a positive difference here. Hows about you gettin' off your ass and goin' and gettin' a job.
    EDDIE IS THE ULTIMATE ROCK DOG!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The only way we're going to get an accurate portrait of all candidates is if we abolish this bullshit machine of electro-fraud voting, billion dollar elections, and corporate media distortions

The electronic voting machines were FORCED on us by so-called "Citizen Activists" from the left-wing. In Monterey County, CA, we had used good old fashioned punch card, which were an acceptable 94% to 96% accurate based on their long history. THEN, the voter-fraud-Nazis filled suit and force the county to buy electronic voting machines for over a million bucks. THEN the voter-fruad-Nazis discovered that the machines THAT THEY FORCED US TO BUY were not secure enough, so that election was on these God-awful, oversized ballots that we used a PEN to mark boxes on. THEN we had to buy NEW machines with a paper record (sort of like the punch-cards we had to start with) and we used those in the last two elections. THEN, the election-fraud-Nazis filed another lawsuit saying that the new machines THAT THEY FORCED US TO BUY BECAUSE THE LAST MACHINES WEREN'T SECURE ENOUGH, aren't ...wait for it...secure enoug.

As far as I can tell the only people benifitting from this are the assholes who make electronic voting machines.

As for "Corperate Media Distortions" go, if you don't know how to look up information independantly then that's your problem. Mainstream media has been stuck on the "Half-Assed" setting for almost 15 years.

we need to get back to public financing of elections, every candidate gets the same amount of time on TV to deliver their message (Not what the mediawhores want you to believe their message is) And REAL debates. Not scripted questions, so morons like Chimpy and Fred Thompson can read prepared scripts to FAUX talking heads.
    There is already enough public financing of the Presidential election as it is now. The idea that anything would change if every nut-job who wanted to be President got a check is foolish. Seriously, if this happened I would run in every election and then keep the left-over money as I suspect the other 700,000 candidates would. There is already an "Equal-Time" rule that says if a major candidate goes on a show that his competitors must be granted the same access to the same show if they so desire. That's why A&E has pulled all of the "Law & Order" episodes with Fred Thompson because they don't want to violate the law.

The debates go back to the central issue of this thread, Party control.

The debates are manufactured by the parties with each campain setting and agreeing to the ground-rules of the debates. If they don't like them they don't show up. Debates are a HUGE WASTE OF TIME anyway. They support the very fabrications that you want to do away with. The smartest guy in the room isn't always the best debator and the best debator isn't always the smartest guy and probably not the bes choice for President.

I would rather see Presidential Candidates appear on a special edition of "Jeopardy", where they'd be quized on History, economics, current events (serious stuff, not pop-culture), geography and geo-politics. In fact, this is how they'd get their campain funds.

My Blog:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    I would rather see Presidential Candidates appear on a special edition of "Jeopardy", where they'd be quized on History, economics, current events (serious stuff, not pop-culture), geography and geo-politics. In fact, this is how they'd get their campain funds.
    That would be cool to see! ("I'll take Iraq Exit Strategy for $200, Alex")

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    I imagine with most of the recent candidates, that would look a lot like the SNL Jeopardy skits with Sean Connery.

As far as what candidates get on the ballot and get financing, I think it would be reasonable to require a certain number of valid signatures to get on the ballot in each state. With a rule that people will NOT be paid for signatures (which is a chronic problem with certain "professional" initiative writers in this state) And absolutely no lobbying for signatures in the workplace.

That way, candidates that actually appeal to people would make the cut, and the corporate ones would have a much harder time. For instance, if the current crop of candidates (both major parties) required 100,000 signatures to get on the ballot, who do you think would be there?

(arbitrary number there, it could vary from state to state, logically it should represent some percentage of the total adult population of the state)

The non corporatist polls I've seen suggest that John Edwards and Dennis Kucinich would be the likely Democrats, though Al Gore would probably be leading the moment he actually declared himself a candidate. Myself, I would sign all three of those petitions. Ron Paul seems to be the only Republican candidate anybody BUT the media is talking about. Romney would probably get enough signatures in Utah and Southern Idaho, but anywhere else??

This process would certainly make the primaries a little more interesting.

Of course if the actual selection of the candidates didn't happen until the party convention, that would be fine with me. Otherwise, the whole point of a convention is useless. For example, if Hillary "wins" ( ) the Democratic nomination, why is a convention needed? For the party platform?? Hillary's platform is on the DLC website right now. Delegates who support her aren't going to want anything different, because they aren't real Democrats to begin with. But I digress.... don't want to make this a thread about hating Hillary - just about hating the whole current state of the process.
    Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    That would be cool to see! ("I'll take Iraq Exit Strategy for $200, Alex")
    That is some funny stuff!!