Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Panama / Humans Being
    Last Online

11.28.16 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default What would people be saying if.............

this current tour was with Sam singing and Wolfie on bass?
    Ever Onward
    Time Waits For No One
    Its Never To Late To Mend

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

12.26.07 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It would probably go something like......Who weighs more sam or wolf?

Romeo Delight LoveWatchingEddie's Avatar
    Favorite VH Song

Panama & ATBL
    Last Online

08.03.08 @ 10:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. People would be wishing for Dave.

2. No one would say Sammy's singing or performance was any different than ever.

But here's MY question: Would Sammy consent to tour with VH without Michael Anthony?

Top Of The World VanFreakinHalen's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150/Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Panama/Unchained
    Last Online

12.04.16 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWatchingEddie View Post
    But here's MY question: Would Sammy consent to tour with VH without Michael Anthony?
    Nope, Sammy would never do a VH tour without Mikey. Never!
    "Thank you, Drive Through!"

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH074ever View Post
    It would probably go something like......Who weighs more sam or wolf?
    why, did that come up with sam and mike?
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWatchingEddie View Post
    1. People would be wishing for Dave.

2. No one would say Sammy's singing or performance was any different than ever.

definitely, on both counts...
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanFreakinHalen View Post
    Nope, Sammy would never do a VH tour without Mikey. Never!
    i'm not convinced... he knew he mike in the lineup to give the '04 tour credibility... they're getting away without mike because everybody's been waiting forever for dave to be back in that many are willing to overlook mike's absence... IF sam were invited back into the fold somewhere down the road and ed insisted that mike is not part of it, i think if the money is right, sam does it...

not that i know what contract $$$ were signed for '04, but accounts i've read is that mike didn't make nearly what the other three made on that tour, sam included...

i like mike as much as the next guy on these boards, and i like all eras of vh, but sam has been known to flip flop on his attitude in interviews, and i think he sometimes doesn't come off as genuine as he tries to portray himself...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by darthadv View Post
    IF sam were invited back into the fold somewhere down the road and ed insisted that mike is not part of it, i think if the money is right, sam does it...
    But the "money" would not be "right" cos (sorry folks) it's a been there and done that deal with a Van Hagar "reunion." Simply put, another one of those, just like the 2004 thing would NOT make the money nor draw the crowds that this one is.

Even WITH MA onboard during the last trek, it sold nowhere nearly as much as this one. Yes, there are several factors including nostalgia, the long awaited reunion with DLR, etc.

I'm just being honest here but no matter how fondly a lot of certain folks are of the Van Hagar era, it's never going to come close to rivaling the popularity of a DLR fronted VH.

Again, I don't even need to plead my case cos the success of this tour has already done that for myself and on the it's own merit.

Also, this ISN'T meant to start any verbal pissing contest either. We all like or prefer a certain version of VH. For some it's all, for others it's Van Hagar and for peeps like myself it's not Van Halen without Dave. Broken record time but to each their own. It's crystal pepsi clear which era's stood the test of time and which one has not. Shoot, when thinking about it the RNRHOF already answered all of said questions months prior to the press conference not to mention this tour. If anyone cares to go back even further, the 2004 said exactly the same thing.

Bottom line and at the end of the day, one simply cannot argue which "version" of VH is more popular with the overall public cos this current tour's already answered that question.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    this current tour was with Sam singing and Wolfie on bass?

K, I guess my insomnia will get the best of myself and I'll take a stab at this.

I'll just be completely blunt. The tour would be a joke. End of story.

The reason this tour's so friggin' successful is cos it's about Dave being back with Edward after so many years of public feuding and everyone never thought this both could nor would ever actually happen. The fact that Dave's kicking some serious ass vocally doesn't hurt either. It also doesn't hurt that Van Halen's doing a two hour set of classic rock radio staples.

I mean the 2004 one WITH MICHAEL ANTHONY wasn't any record breaker both in and of itself. I know a lot will claim how sub-successful that tour was for that year. Regardless, it doesn't hold a candle to this one and anyone's fooling themselves if they believe differently.

I've yet to hear nor read about ANY current show having large sections of the venues tarped off, have you?

Many were initially screaming that this tour would be a stinker and not sell due to MA's absence. Well, MA's absence hasn't affected this tour's success at all. That's not meant as a diss towards MA whatsoever. However, the FACT remains that people are still paying top dollar to see these shows and it's selling out everywhere. Now, I also realize that there are some of you who will state "It may be selling out but it would sell more if MA were onboard." Reality check folks as I ask you this simple question... How can a show sell even more tickets when it's already sold out?

Be honest with yourselves people, it's beyond obvious that this tour's so successful cos of the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong awaited reunion of Dave and Edward. It's as simple as that.

The collective proof's in the pudding!!!

Right heeya from tha Boston show on Tuesday.

Last edited by MAX; 11.02.07 at 03:51 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well

everyone on this board would be making excuses for ANYTHING that went wrong....

the roth army site would have lost 80 % of its membership within a month due to apoplectic seizures from a combination of anything non-roth combined with anything pro-sam....

sam would be waxing poetic on how WONDERFUL the tour was and how WONDERFUL the wolf man was until....

the tour was over and then....

he would tell us how awful it was to be part of it etc. etc.

*grin*

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ou812max View Post
    But the "money" would not be "right" cos (sorry folks) it's a been there and done that deal with a Van Hagar "reunion." Simply put, another one of those, just like the 2004 thing would NOT make the money nor draw the crowds that this one is.

Even WITH MA onboard during the last trek, it sold nowhere nearly as much as this one. Yes, there are several factors including nostalgia, the long awaited reunion with DLR, etc.

I'm just being honest here but no matter how fondly a lot of certain folks are of the Van Hagar era, it's never going to come close to rivaling the popularity of a DLR fronted VH.

Again, I don't even need to plead my case cos the success of this tour has already done that for myself and on the it's own merit.

Also, this ISN'T meant to start any verbal pissing contest either. We all like or prefer a certain version of VH. For some it's all, for others it's Van Hagar and for peeps like myself it's not Van Halen without Dave. Broken record time but to each their own. It's crystal pepsi clear which era's stood the test of time and which one has not. Shoot, when thinking about it the RNRHOF already answered all of said questions months prior to the press conference not to mention this tour. If anyone cares to go back even further, the 2004 said exactly the same thing.

Bottom line and at the end of the day, one simply cannot argue which "version" of VH is more popular with the overall public cos this current tour's already answered that question.
    definitely agree... the nostalgia trip on the hagar era was milked for what it was worth on the '04 tour... but there would be money to be had on a combo tour with both sam and dave, along the lines of the '02 tour, but with the vh bros... however, the dave tour still has legs in it, so something like that would be a ways away, if at all...

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ou812max View Post
    K, I guess my insomnia will get the best of myself and I'll take a stab at this.

I'll just be completely blunt. The tour would be a joke. End of story.

The reason this tour's so friggin' successful is cos it's about Dave being back with Edward after so many years of public feuding and everyone never thought this both could nor would ever actually happen. The fact that Dave's kicking some serious ass vocally doesn't hurt either. It also doesn't hurt that Van Halen's doing a two hour set of classic rock radio staples.

I mean the 2004 one WITH MICHAEL ANTHONY wasn't any record breaker both in and of itself. I know a lot will claim how sub-successful that tour was for that year. Regardless, it doesn't hold a candle to this one and anyone's fooling themselves if they believe differently.

I've yet to hear nor read about ANY current show having large sections of the venues tarped off, have you?

Many were initially screaming that this tour would be a stinker and not sell due to MA's absence. Well, MA's absence hasn't affected this tour's success at all. That's not meant as a diss towards MA whatsoever. However, the FACT remains that people are still paying top dollar to see these shows and it's selling out everywhere. Now, I also realize that there are some of you who will state "It may be selling out but it would sell more if MA were onboard." Reality check folks as I ask you this simple question... How can a show sell even more tickets when it's already sold out?

Be honest with yourselves people, it's beyond obvious that this tour's so successful cos of the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong awaited reunion of Dave and Edward. It's as simple as that.

The collective proof's in the pudding!!!

Right heeya from tha Boston show on Tuesday.

i think the '04 tour suffered from bad word of mouth because of ed's condition/playing... it still would not have rivaled the current dave tour, because that is 20+ years of nostalgia in the making...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthadv View Post
    i'm not convinced... he knew he mike in the lineup to give the '04 tour credibility... they're getting away without mike because everybody's been waiting forever for dave to be back in that many are willing to overlook mike's absence... IF sam were invited back into the fold somewhere down the road and ed insisted that mike is not part of it, i think if the money is right, sam does it...

not that i know what contract $$$ were signed for '04, but accounts i've read is that mike didn't make nearly what the other three made on that tour, sam included...

i like mike as much as the next guy on these boards, and i like all eras of vh, but sam has been known to flip flop on his attitude in interviews, and i think he sometimes doesn't come off as genuine as he tries to portray himself...
    I totally agree. If sam was so concerned about mike,,then why didn't sam hold out for mike to make the same amount as the rest of the band? Sam to me,isn't what he makes himself out to be. He paints a pretty picture but he is about the $$$$$$

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:34 PM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vhwithroththereturn View Post
    I totally agree. If sam was so concerned about mike,,then why didn't sam hold out for mike to make the same amount as the rest of the band? Sam to me,isn't what he makes himself out to be. He paints a pretty picture but he is about the $$$$$$
    maybe sam didn't have any say so in it...meaning maybe Mike met with who ever he met with and actually made a decision himself, I mean he is a grown man and all. I've got friends but I don't run every decision by them in life.

Sam wouldn't do it, the simple fact that the last tour went down with Mike proves that. I think as far as Sam and Mike are concerned the door is closed with Van Halen...good or bad.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:09 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I would imagine it would have been worse but not because of Sammy.

Mike's harms are more difficult with Sammy's era than Roths. He even said it himself so while I think Wolf has done a good job, he would have struggled more on a Sammy tour.

From a sales perspective it would not have done as well as 2007 or even 2004. Had 2004 not happened, who knows but people had their trip to nostalgialand back in 2004.