Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default Moline, IL 10/30 Show

I'll be honest; I missed the Mad Anthony Express. It's been a harrowing week on the personal side of my life with my daughter; and my company wasn't very good about getting me home for her...more on that at a later date.

I got to my seat just as Sammy took the stage and I gotta tell you, the man sounds incredible! His voice was better than '04, possibly as good as I've ever heard it live. 60 years old?!?!?! If I didn't know better I'd say bullshit. The man sounded as good the other night as he did in 86, 88, 90 & 95.

Also of note, the sound was surprizingly low...but made it more enjoyable. You clould understand every word sang and spoken.

There were also a lotta "youngsters" there with their parents and they wereblown away that this guy is 60 and put on a better show than any of today's acts. One kid said; "Dad...you gotta let me burn your CD's, my friends have gotta hear this stuff...it's AWESOME!"

The MARK of The Quad Cities holds 12,500 when fully open, but they had it in the "Large Theater" setting. Holding up to 6,000. I'd say there were about 4500 people there. And we loved every minute of it.

I will admit I'm not crazy about Sammy's "dreadlock" thing. Mikey was of rare form. Just casual and having a "typical" Mikey-Time. Wearing flip-flops no less. Voice just incredible and laughing, having a great time

The highlite for me was the most awesome version of "Dreams that I can ever remember hearing. It's perfect as the original version; but the acoustic version put awesomely fresh twist on it and I hope someone can get a board version or a great live capture of it.

My rating 9/10. Would've prefered a cool encore. But was still incredibly happy.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default Here's the local noospaper review

http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2007...b751798991.txt

Review: At 60, Sammy Hagar still has drive

By David Burke | Wednesday, October 31, 2007 | No comments posted

Rock music’s newest sexagenarian can still ignite a crowd, thank you very much.

And Sammy Hagar, who turned 60 this month, did that Tuesday night at the i wireless Center in Moline.

With his constantly bobbing auburn-and-blond mane, whirling dervish body and a nearly permanently affixed pair of sunglasses, the Red Rocker made good on his promise to turn the concert into a beach party, complete with a mariachi band in the lobby, tequila shots between songs and drinks delivered by bikini-clad waitresses.

Even with a last-minute ticket sales push, about 4,000 people — at least 100 of them in a special balcony on stage — drank in every minute of

the show.

Hagar apologized for the scheduling of the show on a weeknight.

“Forget about tomorrow,” he told the crowd. “You ain’t gonna work tomorrow.”

In his show, scant less than

90 minutes, Hagar revisited many of his solo hits, including “I’ll Fall in Love Again,” “I Can’t Drive 55” and “Mas Tequila.” He also supplied a number of hits from his days in Van Halen, including “Top of the World,” “Why Can’t This Be Love?” and an unexpected turn in the concert was an almost-acoustic sound for the first half of “Dreams,” a 1986 Van Halen hit.

And, proving the pull of WXLP-FM 96.9 morning-show hosts Greg Dwyer and Bill Michaels, Hagar played “Stand Up and Shout,” a song he wrote for the 2001 movie “Rock Star.” Backed with an on-air dare from Hagar, Dwyer and Michaels goaded listeners into carrying signs asking for the song.

“When you see about 300 signs with the same thing on them, there’s only one thing you gotta do,” Hagar told the crowd.

Hagar was playful with the crowd, signing nearly everything that was passed his way, and putting on nearly anything thrown on stage, from a

St. Louis Cardinals cap to a bedsheet to a custom-made Quad-City Flames jersey.

The Waboritas, Hagar’s backup band, excelled, particularly Vic Johnson on guitar and the singular-named Mona on bass.

Former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony — who, like Hagar, was shut out of the band’s current reunion tour — joined Hagar for the Van Halen songs and opened the show for about a half-hour with his own group, the Mad Anthony Express.

Although Anthony has the charisma and stage presence to be a lead singer, his voice faltered on several songs that were simply out of his range.

When he was on stage, backing Hagar — and even filling on “Why Can’t This Be Love?” while the singer was lost in a thicket of autograph seekers on stage — Anthony was definitely most in his element.

David Burke can be contacted at

(563) 383-2400 or dburke@qctimes.com. Comment on this review at qctimes.com.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Sounds like from his review, Mr Burke was at his first Sammy show.lol

True to his word Sammy played Stand Up cause the fans brought signs urging
    him to.

Never heard Young Girl Blues in concert.

hmmm.....
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw