Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Default Bored on halloween

Well this sucks. There is a good chance that I might not be doing anything on halloween night. Both my mom and my girlfriend arent feelin too great, all my friends are goin to parties and goin trick or treatin, we have no candy to give out and i was lookin forward to dressin up as Indy again. And for some reason, it doesnt even feel like halloween where I live. Sure you see the occasional cut out pumpkin on a doorstep here and there but not as many as I remember growin up and seein every single house havin at least 5 pumpkins on their doorstep. Have people forgotten how fun halloween is? I remember when halloween was the SHIT but now its just too....normal (for lack of a better word). I remember when it was ok and cool to dress up like you had just been murdered by jason or michael myers and people thought it was awesome. But now its more "seen it" or "thats too gruesome". I remember when people would turn their entire house and front yard into satans lair or a full on graveyard with animatronic zombies just for the hell of it and because it was cool but I have yet to see one convincing "haunted house"

When I was in about 3rd or 4th grade, there was a house down the street from mine that would ALWAYS, every year, turn his house and front yard into a full-on animitronic graveyard. He had the sound effects, the lights, the grave stones but the best part was that he actually dug graves in his front yard and put in life like, moving corpses and it was so popular that every year, the news would go to just his house and see what he added each year. But for some reason, he doesnt do it anymore and for me, that was always the highlight of halloween.

Anyways, heres to hoping that we all have a kick ass but safe halloween!
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

ahhh...you're getting older. Things just AREN'T as much fun as when we were kids. I'd love nothing more than to scare the shit outta some older elementary/jr. high kiddos tonight but am somewhat afraid of their parents' reactions. It's crazy, I know. Halloween is NOT the same as it used to be. People are too scared of tainted candy, children being scarred for life, etc. When I was in high school, Halloween was a blast! It usually involved eggs, water balloons, and hiding behind bushes. Ahhh...the good 'ol days.

My Halloween is not gonna be much more exciting than your's, Thai. The only difference is that we do have an assload of candy to pass out.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

ya, I get to hold the freakin dog back while she scares all the poor little kids as I give them candy.

I drink heavily on halloween to deal with it.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I have come to hate Halloween in my old age, so it would be no big deal to me if it just went away.

Get my exercise in, though, as I have a gate between the front room and the rest of the house to keep psycho terrier from ripping apart the visitors!

One thing the government didn't take into consideration when they changed the day that Daylight Saving Time ends is that it now falls after Halloween, meaning it was lighter later, and in some area maybe that's a comfort, but I had trouble getting the teen to take out the 8-year old because it wasn't dark yet. And I'll probably be hearing the doorbell right up until 9P or later I imagine.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Halloween is awesome when you are a kid, but nothing special when you are an adult. At least to me.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    Halloween is awesome when you are a kid, but nothing special when you are an adult. At least to me.
    i feel the same way, i just don't get it(especially nowadays)after hearing bout chef's mother getting attacked and the other f'ed up stuff that goes on now
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

Yeah, Halloween is an odd day. I'm in no man's land really. For a kid it's great. Then as you get older, you get too old to dress up, then it becomes cool again like in college for parties. I would feel ridiculous going out dressed up tonight to the bars, yet A LOT/Most will be dressed up. So I wouldn't fit in, so it's a strange night.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

1. As a kid Halloween ruled. Freaking loved it.

2. As a parent when your kids are little it's a freaking blast. Other than it seemed to be balls cold outside every Halloween, I have awesome memories of walking them to the houses when they were 4,5,6 years old.

3. As an adult with no ties to the little kid angle any more I hate it. Nothing is more embarrassing than seeing grown adults dressed up DURING THE DAY IN THEIR CARS GOING TO/FROM WORK. Sorry if I'm offending anyone here, but these people look like first rate assholes. Grow the fuck up and stop pretending you're 10 years old.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Good Enough Tropical Storm Tracey's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Do I really have to pick???
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

11.18.17 @ 07:19 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 7 Posts

Premium Member

Default Awwww

I dressed up and went to work today. So there, guess I'm an asshole. LOL!! Then I came home and went Trick or Treating with the kids. I had a really fun time with them and I looked cute as hell... I don't care if I am acting like I am 10 years old. This is the only time I get to do it. My kids love it when I get the chance to be down on their level. They thought I was cool so I don't care what anyone else might think. Halloween is a fun time for me, always has been. I hope I never get too old to see the fun in some things...like I did when I was a kid. Some people just gotta lighten up!

TST<------------- -----------

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Storm Tracey View Post
    I dressed up and went to work today. So there, guess I'm an asshole. LOL!! Then I came home and went Trick or Treating with the kids. I had a really fun time with them and I looked cute as hell... I don't care if I am acting like I am 10 years old. This is the only time I get to do it. My kids love it when I get the chance to be down on their level. They thought I was cool so I don't care what anyone else might think. Halloween is a fun time for me, always has been. I hope I never get too old to see the fun in some things...like I did when I was a kid. Some people just gotta lighten up!

Well, you do have kids that you're entertaining so you squeak by under one of my Halloween bylaws. You're excused.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post

Well, you do have kids that you're entertaining so you squeak by under one of my Halloween bylaws. You're excused.
    Awesome! Thanks, I almost got my "curb feelers" hurt by you DD. I appreciate it!

TST<----------Happy Halloween--------------

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Storm Tracey View Post

Good for you TST. As with everything in life, it's all in what you make it. What did you dress up as?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Good for you TST. As with everything in life, it's all in what you make it. What did you dress up as?
    The Devil's Bride. LOL!!! Since I am newly engaged I figured it was appropriate-LOL!! Actually, HH is not even close to the devil but it was a really cute costume. I'll have to figure out how to get the pics off my phone and put them on here. I am like a man in how I hate to read instructions until I have exhausted every last try to do something myself. I swear...always something to prove-LOL!!

TST<------------drives like a man too---gotta beat that last time----no you can't go pee! LOL----------

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My daughter dressed up as a Corpse Bride (from the Tim Burton movie). She actually looked pretty creepy and won 1st place at the skating party Monday night. Being 7, she was beyond thrilled.