"Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

"Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Former EVH Tech Comments on Greensboro "Jump" Mishap

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007...lens-jump.html

Christ....sounds like a combination of bagpipes and a leaf-blower playing through Ed's rig.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

"I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

-George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So should we start calling this JumpGate?

"Eddie's a pretty ornery guy, not the most pleasant human being that I've ever worked for. And he's the kind of guy who would keep playing it to make a point, to his tech or whoever. That's the only reasonable explanation that I can come up with."

This one sounds pretty UNreasonable...but then again, I don't know Ed so maybe he would tank a performance on purpose but the whole "to spite his tech" doesn't make a lot of sense.

On Fire
    Last Online

04.23.17 @ 08:53 PM
    Liked 140 Times in 72 Posts

Lonnie still sounds irritated at Eddie....

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMERS View Post
    Lonnie still sounds irritated at Eddie....
    Not much more than he was when were discussing this toward the end of the multi page thread over here: http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/tell...807#post891807

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 06:02 PM
    Liked 720 Times in 290 Posts

If Ed knew his guitar was tuned to the wrong key, wouldn't he have had enough sense to just play everything a half (or whole) step up on the fretboard and then be in the same key as they keyboards?

Man, that shit was worse than the guitarists for Evanescence being tuned to the wrong key at the Billboard awards a few years ago...

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    Man, that shit was worse than the guitarists for Evanescence being tuned to the wrong key at the Billboard awards a few years ago...
    Nah, the guitars were correct, it was the piano that was tuned to a different key for a previous performer. The stage crew failed to make the change in instruments. The poor chick singing the song (and playing the piano) was in physical agony with the resulting performance. Truly humiliating.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    If Ed knew his guitar was tuned to the wrong key, wouldn't he have had enough sense to just play everything a half (or whole) step up on the fretboard and then be in the same key as they keyboards?
    Ed's guitar wasn't tuned to the wrong key... he slammed the shit out of the neck on the floor during his solo and didn't change guitars afterward.

Lonnie verified this with the VH camp and Ed had knocked the neck clean loose in the pocket from slamming it on the floor.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    Ed's guitar wasn't tuned to the wrong key... he slammed the shit out of the neck on the floor during his solo and didn't change guitars afterward.

Lonnie verified this with the VH camp and Ed had knocked the neck clean loose in the pocket from slamming it on the floor.
    Not to mention the fact that jimmyw has posted this exact very same thing at least 10 times in several different threads in this forum. It's alright, though. I'm coming to terms with the fact that NO one here has any reading comprehension skills whatsoever.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My understanding was that the synth track was cued up at 48k instead of 44.1k. That is the only logical conclusion. To think that Eddie wacked his guitar that far out of tune and kept playing it doesn't make any sense. He would have had to be drunker than in 2004 for that to happen.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyw View Post
    Not to mention the fact that jimmyw has posted this exact very same thing at least 10 times in several different threads in this forum. It's alright, though. I'm coming to terms with the fact that NO one here has any reading comprehension skills whatsoever.
    I agree! "The Rockford Files" was and always will be far and away one of the best shows on television. That and "WKRP". And you are correct, "Hill Street Blues" certainly paved the way for "NYPD Blue".
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I agree! "The Rockford Files" was and always will be far and away one of the best shows on television. That and "WKRP". And you are correct, "Hill Street Blues" certainly paved the way for "NYPD Blue".
    Thanks.

BTW, chef....How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon? On a Saturday? With a couple of dalmatians in tow? Hmmmm?
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyw View Post
    Thanks.

BTW, chef....How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon? On a Saturday? With a couple of dalmatians in tow? Hmmmm?
    Three. Just as it takes three licks to get to the center of a Tootsie-Roll Pop.
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRocks View Post
    My understanding was that the synth track was cued up at 48k instead of 44.1k. That is the only logical conclusion. To think that Eddie wacked his guitar that far out of tune and kept playing it doesn't make any sense. He would have had to be drunker than in 2004 for that to happen.
    Go ahead and believe what you want. Logical conclusion? HA! Logic dictates if you take two YouTube clips from Greensboro and a separate show from this tour and play them side by side, you'll hear them in the same key on the keyboards as in Greensboro. Try any show. Logic also dictates that if you watch and listen to the solo video, you can see him beat the guitar onstage and knock it out of tune. Logic also dictates if you are an idiot, then I shouldn't spend anymore time trying to prove an otherwise obvious point. But go ahead.
    Last edited by jimmyw; 10.31.07 at 03:29 PM.

- DLR 2012

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Three. Just as it takes three licks to get to the center of a Tootsie-Roll Pop.
    Dude...have you seen that TERRIBLE YouTube clip of Van Halen trying to play Jump but they're out of tune?!? MAN...it sucks SOOO bad. I wonder what the problem is. Probably the keyboards tuned at a different sampling rate.
    Check THIS TERRIBLE SHIT OUT...OH MY GOD!!!!

THERE'S NO WAY THIS COULD HAVE BEEN POSTED BEFORE!!!! SOMEONE CALL LONNIE!!! AIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- DLR 2012

Last Online

Well, to be fair to Vince, that is a long thread, of which the "Lonnie" portion only shows up toward the end.
    George Bernard Shaw