Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Ed6150
    I have been hanging out in Songs and Albums ALOT lately and have been supporting DIVER DOWN in different ways . DIVER DOWN IMO wins and it's not even cloose . Now VH 3 fan says that DIVER DOWN sucks simply because Ed Van Halen does not like it . Well to me thats a bullshit reason . DIVER DOWN has some rocking kick ass music . 3 on the other hand has nothing really that rocks , oh the outro to FIRE IN THE HOLE . Gary did not fit in Van Halen . 3 sucks balls . DIVER DOWN has the FULL BUG , HANG EM HIGH , ect.. Unless you like JOSEPHINA or that song HOW MANY SAY I . This is a old argument I know , but DIVER DOWN needs more credit than it's getting . 3 will never touch it or any Dave or Sammy era release . Just to make a point that I have a grudge againt CHERONE I even like DIVER DOWN better than BALANCE . VH 3 fan , you need to be schooled in VAN HALEN 101 man . Wake up man .

Ed6150
    oops I mean to say to proove I have no grudge againt Mr.Cherone .

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Am I allowed to like both VHIII and Diver Down? Because I do. I agree, Diver Down is a great album, and in my opinion it should have been represented on the Best of album. Little Guitars, Hang em High, Where Have All the Good Times Gone, Cathedral, Secrets; all great tunes. But I like VH III as well. No, not as much as any Dave era album, and probably not as much as any Sammy era album either. But there are some good tunes on III. I love a Year to the Day, Without You, One I Want, Once, Josephina. No question, if your looking for it to burn like Fair Warning, for example, you're going to be disappointed. I love EVH as an artist, and to me III was his vision and creation.

Ed6150
    Thats cool Glenn , but IMO DIVER DOWN ia better than VH 3 . I used to like WITHOUT YOU but the more I listened to it , it annoyed me . I tried to like 3 , believe me but I don't . But I still think your cool even if you like 3 , no problem dude

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Diver Down is better,but only because the songs are easier to listen to.I enjoyed Ed's guitar playing on 3 a lot more.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

09.14.16 @ 07:24 PM
    Liked 248 Times in 89 Posts

Donor

DD is great! All the above mentioned songs are fantastic. It gets my vote.

------------------
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

YUUNNK!!

GET WELL SOON EDDIE!

(this message will self destruct in 5 seconds)

guitarsolos
    So when an album sucks balls....does that mean it is bad?.....How many originals are on Diver Down? It's almost like DLR's Crazy From the Heat album....Not that both were bad or "perfect" albums...I like BOTH albums as far as the guitar playing. As far as originality....3 wins....Not a good question to me.....especially when one of them SUCKS BALLS...wow what a concept of a critic.
    SUCKING BALLS I would hate it if someone that said a VH album SUCKED BALLS taught a class called Van Halen 101.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good post Guitarsolos.

guitarsolos
    Thank you Girl Gone Bad!!..By the way..Your name is a kick ass song!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I liked III. It was a total departure for VH. My favorite off the whole cd is 'Once' there's something in that song the touches me. After 'Josephina', I lose interest though.

Diver Down on the other hand is a fun album. There are great tracks all the way through. To me it's a toss up. They're both good, just diffenent.

Dave

------------------
    And in the end on dreams we will depend
    'Cause that's what love is made of

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House of Pain
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ed6150: i think diver down sucks because i dont like it! not because of what ed thinks about it. please come correct with facts and not some bullshit! just because diver down is my least fav. vh album that does not make my opinion no less valid. so what if you dont like vh3? thats your own opinion. it goes both ways. i need no lessons from you at all! i like something because i like it. same goes for the hate thing too.

------------------
    UP FRONT FANATICS

vh3fan aka the not so alone warrior
    " a good soldier is always prepared during the times of peace"

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Sometimes I wonder if people hate VH III because of the music or because it came on the heels of a possible Dave reunion in 1996. Maybe I'm a hypocrite because I like to put my two cents in on topics that compare songs. But the VH albums aren't in competition with each other. What you think of one album doesn't change another. I like VH III but that doesn't change the fact that I think Fair Warning is the ultimate Van Halen album. I've said this before, but all the Van Halen albums are part of the family to me, and I wouldn't want to change any of them. Just my opinion, not trying to change anyone else's.

Ed6150
    First Glenn , just because of the reunion fall out with Dave has nothing to do why I think 3 sucks . Obviously I am not the only person who thinks 3 BLOWS . Record sales will stand that up . Don't even compare 3 to FAIR WARNING or DIVER DOWN because 3 does not kick any ass at ALL . VH 3 fan , how long have you been a VH fan ?

Mr. Unchained
    Well for me this is easy, I love DD. The only songs I don't like are Pretty Woman and Dancing in the Street. I love WHATGTG! and though it's a cover song, it's 50 times better than the Kinks original version. That was just plain weird. Secrets is great, I love Big Bad Bill for some reason.

Guitarsolos, yes DD did have 4 covers, the same amount that CFTH had but Happy Trails shouldn't count cause it's only about 1:20 long and WHATGTG should be considered a VH song because it's better than the Kinks version. IF you haven't ever heard it, it sounds nothing like VH's version. It's, as I said earlier, weird.

As for VH3, I like it better than OU812 and OU812 has a couple of cool tunes, When It's Love, Cabo Wabo, Feels So Good, Finish What Ya Started and Black and Blue. VH3 has a different feeling than DD so I don't know why your comparing the two, I do know that for some reason people don't like them. I think that can be summed up like this. People say they don't like DD cause it has "too many cover songs". That's bullshit. And people say they don't like 3 because "Gary sounded terrible" or whatever you want to say. Well, that's bullshit as well. Just say you don't like the fuckin album cause you don't like Cherone or because you don't like Dave. I'm sick of this and it's getting to the point that it's pissin' me off.

------------------
    Ed, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Get well soon.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Ed, I wasn't referring to you specifically, don't take personal offense. And nowhere in that post did I compare VH III to Fair Warning. I totally support your right to hate VH III, but I think you misunderstood me.